= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 7, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #1,006 of 21,171
Ah... I guess we'll have to cancel Jerg's public beheading scheduled for next week. Time to pay the restocking fee for our guillotine purchase.

Apr 7, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #1,007 of 21,171
  Ah... I guess we'll have to cancel Jerg's public beheading scheduled for next week. Time to pay the restocking fee for our guillotine purchase.

We got it at the group buy site which we can't mention nor can we return it. That's too bad because we unlocked the cheapest price too... darn
L3000.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #1,008 of 21,171
  Guys its all good. Fang said the production delay is only a week. He will be announcing the pre order and release date in the next couple of days. All is good on the hifiman front. I for one am excited about this product and excited to be doing the review for it. Let just be little patient. Its all good!!!!!

Frank, that's great news.  I can't wait to hear reviews/impressions from regular customers with whom I share untrained ears.  I have decided to put my HE-6 search on hold until the 560 is officially in the market.  I personally don't mind the delay at all so I quite don't understand why people got all wrapped up over it.  Regarding contributors' reviews, I read it for the sake of reading and always take what they say with a grain of salt.  I've been in audio hobbies for a while and have developed skepticism after the first 10 years.  
wink.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #1,009 of 21,171
  The complaints about delays I can understand, what I do not tolerate is the accusation that somehow what I did was arrogant or selfish. That pisses me off.

I agree...I would be pissed off too.  This whole thing got blown completely out of proportion.  You received a pair and did a thorough review and examination.  Noticed an area that could be improved upon slightly and mentioned it.  That was it.  I am positive you never expected the minor comment to explode like this and if you did, probably would have kept it to yourself or mentioned it quietly in a PM.

Jerg has done a great thing for the Head-Fi community with his mods to the HE-500.  Unfortunately with all the flak he received doing something nice for us, I bet he is going to think twice about mentioning anything he may come across again....which is a shame.

Apr 7, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #1,011 of 21,171
I'm starting to wonder if this is a thread about Hifiman's new headphone or about Jerg. Perhaps a "Jerg Impressions and Discussion Thread" is in order so we can stay on topic.
wink.gif

Due to a potential conflict of interest, I may not be able to make that thread myself.

Apr 7, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #1,014 of 21,171
I will definitely like to have a woody in my HP collection.  
tongue.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #1,016 of 21,171
Yep looking forward to putting Bafflegate behind us and seeing these come to market (even though I doubt I'll feel the need to upgrade from my HE-500s for quite a while).

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #1,017 of 21,171
Monkeynutz says the wood cup he sells for the current HE line are mainly for looks (mango tree). I wonder if the same holds true for the 560. Wonder if they sound the same with the old cups (plastic?).

Closed cups are going to give you more of a subtle change than open cups I guess. Also, if they moved away from SMA to mini-XLR on the woodies I'm guessing they would need an angled reinforced connector as the size of a Mini-XLR connection in those dimensions strip out too much wood vs a small hole for the cable going to an angled external mini-XLR port.

Can't understand some members ragging on Jerg. Where else is a company working with members on this forum to improve the overall SQ of their next line of headphones ?

Apr 8, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #1,018 of 21,171
It's Head-Fi, some people will nitpick every detail as if they're listening to sound.

Maybe someone can answer from HF but does the wood change the sound on open backs or is it merely to give listeners wood.

Can't understand some members ragging on Jerg. Where else is a company working with members on this forum to improve the overall SQ of their next line of headphones ?

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #1,019 of 21,171
The has turned out to be one of the most anticipated products in HeadFi history!   68 pages and the product hasn't even been released. Just imagine what will happen when people actually begin to receive the product. I wonder how many headphone products have received this much attention prior to release? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back