= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 7, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #991 of 21,171
Totally agree with you. But we should not make a big story about this. 99% of us are with Jerg I think. So, no real problem there.

Well, Jerg managed to give us not only solid first impressions/mini review but also an initial mod, that will be performed for us by HFM, which will also improve their future headphone's integrity probably :]

Apr 7, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #992 of 21,171
  Well, Jerg managed to give us not only solid first impressions/mini review but also an initial mod, that will be performed for us by HFM, which will also improve their future headphone's integrity probably :]

Agree

Apr 7, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #993 of 21,171
Jerg, your impressions and comments have been very helpful in my search for a new headphone. They're very articulate, concise, and constructive, and ultimately help me make my decision. I hope with Oppo's newest (and all other headphones that come out), someone applies the same amount of rigor to its analysis as you have.

Thank you.

Apr 7, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #994 of 21,171
Two thumbs up for Jerg. Consider the whinging as a "Sonic Annoyance." 
wink_face.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #995 of 21,171
  Two thumbs up for Jerg. Consider the whinging as a "Sonic Annoyance." 
wink_face.gif

+1

Isn't there some acoustical mod we can do to cut down on the resonance?  It can be a little shrill 
wink.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #997 of 21,171
Personally I'm quite stoked that Hifiman decided to do beta testing with the community before releasing their headphone out to the public. I think it was worth it, personally I'd rather have Hifiman mod my headphones and make sure they are perfect than risking voiding my warranty. Not many headphone companies out there that are so involved with their customers and imo that is a good thing. Imagine if only Sennheiser did the same with the HD700 I think it might have well turned out a very different product and could have been very complementary to the HD800. Also avoids the rather dreaded rev1, rev2 and rev3 cycle.

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #998 of 21,171
I see a point in what cute says. the comunity is in some way putting pressure on Hifiman for doing this improvement that might be pretty minor for all we know, delaying release etc. I could imagine some people being pretty upset if Hifiman didn't implement the improvements, also in the long run when people start DIY-ing and blaming Hifiman for not listening to the community etc.
So, there are arguments for and against Jerg posting about that mod IMO.

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #999 of 21,171
I see a point in what cute says. the comunity is in some way putting pressure on Hifiman for doing this improvement that might be pretty minor for all we know, delaying release etc. I could imagine some people being pretty upset if Hifiman didn't implement the improvements, also in the long run when people start DIY-ing and blaming Hifiman for not listening to the community etc.
So, there are arguments for and against Jerg posting about that mod IMO.

The complaints about delays I can understand, what I do not tolerate is the accusation that somehow what I did was arrogant or selfish. That pisses me off.

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #1,000 of 21,171
I don't think Hifiman feels much "pressure". The fact of the matter is, if the mod wasn't worthwhile in bringing a bump in sound quality, they would ignore it. Do you really believe a proper business would delay the release of a much anticipated headphone for a "minor improvement"? I sure don't. Whether or not they implement this mod, they will sell their product. They already have a strong fan base on Head-Fi.

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #1,001 of 21,171
  The complaints about delays I can understand, what I do not tolerate is the accusation that somehow what I did was arrogant or selfish. That pisses me off.

I wouldn't put too much stock in it.  Trust your instincts, which have paid off empirically.  If Fang solicits your input, you should feel confident in giving it to him, based on your logic-based methodology.  As we all know (or should), what he does with said input is his business.  Take due pride in your work 
smily_headphones1.gif

As someone once said, “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.”

Apr 7, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #1,003 of 21,171
This thread has gone to schiit. I just hope the dealers here in Toronto will stock both of these new Hifimans upon release for auditioning.

As far as this baffle mod goes, at least one revision has been saved. It will be interesting to see if Hifiman makes any further revision after the release, especially during the first year.

Apr 7, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #1,004 of 21,171
If Hifiman is delaying for the baffle fix. They might as well go all out and do the grill-mod for us and replace the cable connectors with mini-XLR, so we can just have one cable for both Audez'e and HifiMan. Or wait.. will this delay everything to 2015?
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #1,005 of 21,171
Guys its all good. Fang said the production delay is only a week. He will be announcing the pre order and release date in the next couple of days. All is good on the hifiman front. I for one am excited about this product and excited to be doing the review for it. Let just be little patient. Its all good!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back