= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Aug 22, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #14,011 of 21,179
I am going to CanJam next week where I am hoping to try the Ether, Dharma and HEK. HEK being out of my reach though so a HE6 successor down the line is much more likely :p
I really did like the 560 A LOT but the 400S for third a price is very good too... So even if the candidates disappoint, I'll hsve the 400S till Hifiman cooks up the HE6 successor or the electrostatic Jade
smily_headphones1.gif

I hear you brother, the HEK is just too much money to lay out for a headphone. I still prefer speaker listening, but if I preferred headphones then I would consider such a price tag.

Aug 22, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #14,012 of 21,179
I prefer headphones and still won't consider it :p Not that kind of disposable income :p

Aug 22, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #14,014 of 21,179
I prefer headphones and still won't consider it :p Not that kind of disposable income :p

+1, truly can't justify paying that much for a headphone, at least at the moment.

Sonic Defender good call on the Ether, I didn't think it was significantly better sonically than my modded 560. Though, it is extremely comfortable, a great headphone, just not a big step up. Now the HD800 that I fought so long, is an incredible headphone. Better soundstage than the anything but speakers, and with the right amp, great tone. Hoping the Draug 2 adds a bit more body though.

Now I would love to read a comparison between the 560 and the Dharma, as well as your thoughts on the HEK and Ether. Have fun in London, that's where I married my first wife. I have forgiven the British:wink:.
conquerator2

Aug 22, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #14,015 of 21,179
+1, truly can't justify paying that much for a headphone, at least at the moment.

@Sonic Defender good call on the Ether, I didn't think it was significantly better sonically than my modded 560. Though, it is extremely comfortable, a great headphone, just not a big step up. Now the HD800 that I fought so long, is an incredible headphone. Better soundstage than the anything but speakers, and with the right amp, great tone. Hoping the Draug 2 adds a bit more body though.

Now I would love to read a comparison between the 560 and the Dharma, as well as your thoughts on the HEK and Ether. Have fun in London, that's where I married my first wife. I have forgiven the British:wink:.
@conquerator2

That post made my day man 
biggrin.gif
 I'll make sure to report back on as much stuff as I can 
beerchug.gif

Aug 22, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #14,016 of 21,179

@Sonic Defender good call on the Ether, I didn't think it was significantly better sonically than my modded 560. Though, it is extremely comfortable, a great headphone, just not a big step up. Now the HD800 that I fought so long, is an incredible headphone. Better soundstage than the anything but speakers, and with the right amp, great tone. Hoping the Draug 2 adds a bit more body though.

@conquerator2

Personally I don't think you should forgive the Brits, but that's just me. I am also tempted by the HD 800, but I require solid body so the notion that it is a little thin scares me off. No way I can let you beat me to 3000 posts!

Aug 22, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #14,017 of 21,179
Personally I don't think you should forgive the Brits, but that's just me. I am also tempted by the HD 800, but I require solid body so the notion that it is a little thin scares me off.

TBH, the body is improving as the 800 and Monarchy DACs new caps are burning in.

Now that I have gone Ukranian, forgiving is much easier:beers:....

Aug 22, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #14,018 of 21,179
TBH, the body is improving as the 800 and Monarchy DACs new caps are burning in.

Now that I have gone Ukranian, forgiving is much easier:beers:....

I​ have read so many post about the HD 800 and solidity or weight of sound are never adjectives used to describe them.. I suspect they are bloody brilliant, but at that price point I'm just not willing to take a chance on them. I will have to hope that they show up at a meet sometime as I would really like to own a set. I still say the Brits were partially responsible for screwing you over, just sayin.

Aug 22, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #14,019 of 21,179
Definitely blame England, it swings like a pendulum do, need to SWING BACK! :D

Aug 22, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #14,020 of 21,179
Well, after all she is a Texan, we just meet over there, so I really should cut the Brits a bit of slack
rolleyes.gif
. Oh, and off course allowing the wrong......er, part of my anatomy to assume command.

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #14,021 of 21,179
  Well, after all she is a Texan, we just meet over there, so I really should cut the Brits a bit of slack
rolleyes.gif
. Oh, and off course allowing the wrong......er, part of my anatomy to assume command.

LOL​ I take it your ex was quite attractive (and likely equal parts shall we say, well, a little nuts?). Seems to be a common refrain my friend. There is no free lunch in relationships!!

Aug 23, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #14,022 of 21,179
LOL​ I take it your ex was quite attractive (and likely equal parts shall we say, well, a little nuts?). Seems to be a common refrain my friend. There is no free lunch in relationships!!

She actually was a Hottie, and pretty cool until about our 15th year, then she totally lost her mind.

I just thank God that he put my Sweetie into my life, truly have found a heart of gold, props to Neil:beers:.

Aug 23, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #14,023 of 21,179

She actually was a Hottie, and pretty cool until about our 15th year, then she totally lost her mind.

I just thank God that he put my Sweetie into my life, truly have found a heart of gold, props to Neil:beers:.

:smiley:

Aug 26, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #14,024 of 21,179
I always come across this, he560 is similar to hd800, how can that be? The guy next to me in the office have a hd800 and i have a he560, for me they are not similar when i am switching between the two. Either i have a bad he560 or he has a bad hd800 or we both have bad ears lol.

Aug 26, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #14,025 of 21,179
I have both and they have similar frequency responses, 6 KHz peaks, expansive sound stages (560 for a planar). Harder hitting bass on the 560, gotta run, but more on this late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back