= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jun 5, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #13,411 of 21,179
  These are not cheap headphones so there is no excuse for not delivering a proper quality product that should please almost all customers and they should make good on the units that don't live up to reasonable expectations.

100% agree!

Two of my friends and myself have bought HE-560 in the last 2 months. Each of them has a separate characteristic of which joint turns easy or very hard. The headband is on two very light to slip on one very tight, as it should be. Thankfully all 3 sound the same which is most important. 

It's $900 - that's a hell of a lot of money - it better be double and triple checked before it's send to customers/resellers.

Cheers,
K

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #13,412 of 21,179
I think sticking to the same brand for DAC and amp is not necessary. If anything it might be convenient (like audiogd and their ACSS) but synergy is not the reason I would bother to stick to one brand. I have a 90s American R2R DAC and a modern Chinese diamond differential amp
biggrin.gif

Not exactly matched but the synergy is out of this world with my HE560
smily_headphones1.gif

That said, +1 for the Gustard stack. The X12 is great and the H10 reportedly too!
Gungnir was a personal letdown :/ a D-S R2R wanna be...

Yeah, I don't think it matters either. 

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #13,413 of 21,179
It's good for aesthetics usually. I don't think I've ever owned a matching dac and amp however but maybe that will change in the future...

Jun 5, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #13,414 of 21,179
  It's good for aesthetics usually. I don't think I've ever owned a matching dac and amp however but maybe that will change in the future...

I hadn't really considered that aspect myself, but now that I have the NAD integrated and matching DAC, I have to admit it looks sick. Hell, even the LEDs match, and by sheer coincidence, the LED in my USB converter almost exactly matches the NADs. Kinda looks sweet.

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #13,415 of 21,179
An image of my rig without the TH 900.

Jun 7, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #13,418 of 21,179
Do you have any of those? I ran into that website a few weeks ago but didn't see any information about them. I have enough Hifiman cables but good to know for future refernce.

Just received my cable from best in the verse for my 560. The quality is very impressive. I've never heard a difference in sound from cables but it doesn't sound worse than stock. It is built like a tank, doesn't kink, beautiful and cheap. Only $100 for 8 feet with a viablue quarter inch jack.

Jun 7, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #13,419 of 21,179
Just received my cable from best in the verse for my 560. The quality is very impressive. I've never heard a difference in sound from cables but it doesn't sound worse than stock. It is built like a tank, doesn't kink, beautiful and cheap. Only $100 for 8 feet with a viablue quarter inch jack.

Hi,

Can you please post pictures of the cable?

Thanks.

Jun 7, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #13,421 of 21,179

I saw a bunch here: https://instagram.com/bestintheversecables/

I saw some on the website too. Was just curious what an actual one looks like (not pictures from the guy himself) and what choices people make for cable colours etc.

Jun 7, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #13,422 of 21,179
Can anyone compare the HiFiMAN EF6 vs. the Schiit Lyr2 for driving the HiFiMAN 560?  Which sounds "better?"  (More specifically, which gives better sound stage and transparency?  thanks!

Jun 7, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #13,423 of 21,179

Nice. How do you like that NAD amp? I wish I had space for bigger sized amps. I'm also too lazy to move things around..

I really like the NAD house sound most of the time, and the M3 is very nice. I love driving headphones from the speaker terminals and as that is simple to do I think in terms of a headphone amp I'm set nicely. I enjoy speaker listening perhaps just a tad more than headphones so it was important to me to have one rig for both. I'm so thankful I stumbled on the thread about using speaker terminals to drive headphones as before that I never thought about doing this. Very cool. Had decent speaker taps made by Trevor at Norne Audio (great work) and the rest is history as they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back