= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 27, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #13,321 of 21,175
Can anyone who has heard the HE-560 with the Magni 2 and the H10 or LYR2 or Polaris please post some detailed impressions with differences? I can't seem to find any.

Also, does anyone know which other pads fit the HE-560? these ones don't seem as deep and my ears touch the pads. The Fidelio X1 pads were more comfortable.

ive seen beyer silver velour pads on the he400 and the earcup size shld be similiar. i think audeze earpads have been added to some ppl's he6s, so that may work as well

May 28, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #13,322 of 21,175
I hadn't before so linking my HE-560 review here, now that it's just been finalized today after intermittent edits and updates over time: 
http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-he-560/reviews/12980. 
About a 2 month ownership. Originally submit a first version of the review a month ago after owning it for about a month.

Got the H10 -> bumped the rating up a notch. Pretty much how it happened. IMHO it became a different beast through that amp. Highly recommended for anyone looking for an amplifier pairing for their HE-560.

May 29, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #13,323 of 21,175
I hadn't before so linking my HE-560 review here, now that it's just been finalized today after intermittent edits and updates over time: 
http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-he-560/reviews/12980
About a 2 month ownership. Originally submit a first version of the review a month ago after owning it for about a month.

Got the H10 -> bumped the rating up a notch. Pretty much how it happened. IMHO it became a different beast through that amp. Highly recommended for anyone looking for an amplifier pairing for their HE-560.

Great review Dreamking! Have you compared any other DACs to your Bersford?

May 29, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #13,324 of 21,175
http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-he-560/reviews/12980. 

enjoyed reading review! skimmed through your updates. just curious what was your original pairing? I think it may be helpful to include that as well (or just let me know if I missed it) thanks :)

May 29, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #13,325 of 21,175
http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-he-560/reviews/12980

Great review, enjoyed reading it, they are great headphones (but, I may stray to the HE-1000...)

May 29, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #13,326 of 21,175
  enjoyed reading review! skimmed through your updates. just curious what was your original pairing? I think it may be helpful to include that as well (or just let me know if I missed it) thanks :)

Will you have the Dharma on hand to compare as well? 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #13,327 of 21,175
  Will you have the Dharma on hand to compare as well? 
smily_headphones1.gif

hahaha... I wish!! but no, that is way too much money tied up in audio gear. I would be happy to do a loaner swap type deal with another head-fi member if anyone is interested.

May 29, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #13,328 of 21,175

Any recommendation on how to tame the high freq sparkle in these? A cable? EQ? They are fantastic but i have one ear that is ultra sensitive to some treble - historically some speakers/hps irritate it more than others. Have a magni2uber/modi2 setup. Plenty of power but would a warmer amp help? I should also say that I am only ~15 hours into the 560s if that is a factor.

May 29, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #13,330 of 21,175

Any recommendation on how to tame the high freq sparkle in these? A cable? EQ? They are fantastic but i have one ear that is ultra sensitive to some treble - historically some speakers/hps irritate it more than others. Have a magni2uber/modi2 setup. Plenty of power but would a warmer amp help? I should also say that I am only ~15 hours into the 560s if that is a factor.

I just got them too. Felt the same reaction, but my ears are getting used to it. If you really can't stand it, according to Raven's graph posted earlier, I used a parametric equalizer to +6db 2050hz, -8 db 4300hz, to deal with the 4k spike. I plan on getting focus A pads because I heard that tames the aggresive nature in the treble.

May 29, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #13,331 of 21,175
Ditto, felt the same way at first,highs were grating intermittently, even thought I might be better off with the 400i, went to a more powerful amp (Ray Samuels HR-2), and either the headphones softened or I just got used to them, don't hear it anymore

May 29, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #13,332 of 21,175
Ditto, felt the same way at first,highs were grating intermittently, even thought I might be better off with the 400i, went to a more powerful amp (Ray Samuels HR-2), and either the headphones softened or I just got used to them, don't hear it anymore

Its like I went back to my CIEMS and other phones, and I don't know....i miss the sparkle. When I eq it, it has more body, but it loses air and sparkle. Especially apparent on string instrument tracks. Any experience with how much the Focus A pads really change the sound?

May 29, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #13,333 of 21,175
  I just got them too. Felt the same reaction, but my ears are getting used to it. If you really can't stand it, according to Raven's graph posted earlier, I used a parametric equalizer to +6db 2050hz, -8 db 4300hz, to deal with the 4k spike. I plan on getting focus A pads because I heard that tames the aggresive nature in the treble.

Are you referring to a software equalizer? I am dumb here but why would you +6db 2050hz? I understand bringing down 4300hz of course...Does bringing up the mids counteract the highs? Any idea whats different about the focus A pads?

May 29, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #13,335 of 21,175
  Its like I went back to my CIEMS and other phones, and I don't know....i miss the sparkle. When I eq it, it has more body, but it loses air and sparkle. Especially apparent on string instrument tracks. Any experience with how much the Focus A pads really change the sound?

The Focus A Pads reduce the lowe treble spike significantly, between they and the Draug 2 Cable a sweet high end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back