= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 7, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #12,571 of 21,171
  I just got mine and I have to say these things are fantastic.  They're beautiful, they sound fantastic, and they're very comfortable.  Going to finally get rid of that uncomfortable mess that was my LCD-2s.

I still have some EL-8s and some Beyerdynamic T1s coming in for testing, but I'm liking these a lot.  They sound great with my schiit lyr.  I'll see how they sound with the Phonitor Mini and its matrix features.

I had an Auditor for a year an loved it. Same as the Phonitor without the advanced crossfeed features. The 560s are pretty sweet aren't they?

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #12,572 of 21,171
Well unfortunately I was outbid on eBay and my car repair cost $850 so the immediate purchase of them is off the table for a couple months but I do think the 560 will be my next headphone. As from all the impressions I gathered could be end-game for me with a good chunk of genres I listen to. I'll just use my 400s for genres where I like more bass body, for the time being.

if you look hard enough , there are some good deals out there from time to time on those phones.

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #12,573 of 21,171
Hello, 

I just got my HE560 after selling HD650. And I must say that that HE560 are absolutely incredible all round, smooth but detail cans with neutral sounding and good bas. I have that in addition to Fostex TH900 which are absolutely brilliant with crispy highs but some times annoying for violins, rock music, Im using that for mid tempo jazz where i want to dig dip into details and get 5hz bas. 

HE560 are more universal and allows me to listen intensive sparkle music where highs are annoying at TH900. 

Im also consider to get LCD2 or LCD3 which are more sweet and fun like TH900 but not allrounders IMO. Hope that TH900/HE560/LCD2/3 will be my complete set for all needs. 

Apr 8, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #12,574 of 21,171
Hi I recently bought even I the HE 560, I also bought three types of pads to try and feel the difference but I find a lot of hardships to change these pads on my headphones. Watching video guide on youtube seems so easy but I will ride and ride and pads not settle properly ...... phew

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #12,575 of 21,171
  Hi I recently bought even I the HE 560, I also bought three types of pads to try and feel the difference but I find a lot of hardships to change these pads on my headphones. Watching video guide on youtube seems so easy but I will ride and ride and pads not settle properly ...... phew

What other pads did you get?  I'm finding the stock pads to be kind of itchy, though it appears to be subsiding.  Just curious what alternatives there are.

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #12,577 of 21,171
What other pads did you get?  I'm finding the stock pads to be kind of itchy, though it appears to be subsiding.  Just curious what alternatives there are.

The stock pads were itchy for a short time for me. Whatever it was it wore off! I've not tried other pads yet. What are you using as an amp? After trying the built in amp I'm my OppoBDP-105D, and 2 different Receivers I settled on the Schiit Lyr- with some NOS Tubes

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #12,579 of 21,171
The stock pads were itchy for a short time for me. Whatever it was it wore off! I've not tried other pads yet. What are you using as an amp? After trying the built in amp I'm my OppoBDP-105D, and 2 different Receivers I settled on the Schiit Lyr- with some NOS Tubes

I currently have a schiit lyr with some TELEFUNKEN E88CC / 6922 tubes.  Sounds pretty damn good.  I should be getting a Phonitor Mini this Friday to try out.  Want to use it's crossfeed and positioning features.  If it works out I'll probably be getting rid of the schiit.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #12,580 of 21,171
Apologies for just jumping in, but I'm looking to step up from a pair of Senn HD600s.  I've been doing extensive research over the past few weeks, looking at a number of Audeze and Hifiman models.  I am using a Pono as my DAP.

I'm currently leaning towards a pair of HE-560s, and I'm wondering if there are any Pono owners in here who can speak to how well (or not) it drives the HE-560s?  Right now, I love the Senns in balanced mode, but I'm also wondering if the Pono can adequately drive the 560s in single-ended mode?

I appreciate it, thanks!

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #12,581 of 21,171
  Apologies for just jumping in, but I'm looking to step up from a pair of Senn HD600s.  I've been doing extensive research over the past few weeks, looking at a number of Audeze and Hifiman models.  I am using a Pono as my DAP.

I'm currently leaning towards a pair of HE-560s, and I'm wondering if there are any Pono owners in here who can speak to how well (or not) it drives the HE-560s?  Right now, I love the Senns in balanced mode, but I'm also wondering if the Pono can adequately drive the 560s in single-ended mode?

I appreciate it, thanks!

A quick Google found me this -

It’s kinda hard to find specs on this player, so I have no idea what the output power rating is, but I’ll say that the first attempt I made, with the HiFiMan HE560 headphones, was met with a maxed out volume control. Note also that it’s got an almost absurdly high 5Ω impedance rating, apparently, so your low impedance IEMs are not going to be a match. I’ve been using it since with my 35Ω Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors and the 100Ω Audeze LCD-3 (Fazor) headphones and have had much better luck.

Source.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #12,582 of 21,171

this:

http://www.playstereo.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_56&products_id=2272

http://www.playstereo.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_56&products_id=2634

http://www.playstereo.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_56&products_id=2605

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #12,583 of 21,171

It is a bit hard to get them on. What I found works for me is when taking them off, putting my finger inside of the opening and slipping my nail under the plastic tab and popping it off. I do the same when putting them on, but I slip my index finger under the plastic tab from the inside of the opening and gently bend the plastic ring with my thumb. This allows me to slip the tabs into the grooves. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back