= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 10, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #1,111 of 21,179
Not to bash Audeze, but if Hifiman and Oppo can come up with lighter hp, and they went the opposite direction, then they have not improved their technology. Not to mention, their new models cost twice as much their competitors. Seriously, i think they have taken a huge step behind esp when their new models don't sound gd enough to justify their price tag.

Apr 10, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #1,112 of 21,179
Not to bash Audeze, but if Hifiman and Oppo can come up with lighter hp, and they went the opposite direction, then they have not improved their technology. Not to mention, their new models cost twice as much their competitors. Seriously, i think they have taken a huge step behind esp when their new models don't sound gd enough to justify their price tag.

Some users reporting recent internal changes to LCD-2 has affected the low-end style. Some owners of older LCD-2 revisions say the latest style sounds a bit different to the sound signature they were known for..... Yep, Audeze needs a shake-up with pricing and weight and HFM are bringing that shake-up.

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #1,113 of 21,179
When I compared LCD-2 with HE-500, my impression was that Audeze had the better built quality, and Hifiman had the better sound, IMHO. Now that Hifiman is catching up with design and built quality, improving comfort and reducing weight, Audeze better take notice sooner than later.   

Apr 10, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #1,114 of 21,179
So the headphone. Is ready now ;D
Jerg, you happy with the new one?
Baffle fix fixed correctly, no sound change, etc.

Pretty much. I think now it's just down to a (hopefully short) waiting game on Hifiman's part to announce pre-releases and shipping dates.

Apr 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #1,115 of 21,179
  Pretty much. I think now it's just down to a (hopefully short) waiting game on Hifiman's part to announce pre-releases and shipping dates.

So, just to clarify, is the bass extension the same now?
Or is it a bit less/ more than your version of the mod?
I imagine the difference must be very subtle if any... I am just curios what you think.
Could you post a picture of the driver/baffle with HiFiMAN's version of the mod, please?
Thanks!

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #1,116 of 21,179

Exactly

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #1,117 of 21,179
Because there will be a mountain of complaints on the type of connection used on bottom of the oppo cups...

I been lucky I guess but I have had no issues at all with the cups or connections. I changed the cable quite a few times. I really like both of these cans. The HE560 had a wider soundstage and very balanced.The Oppo has  bette bass extension and mor back depth in the sound stage but both are very transparent and fast and both are very nice cans. I nee dto play with the HE560 on the AK240 more and will post the impression of the cans.  The extension may change when I get the revised pair of HE560 cans.

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #1,118 of 21,179
And we are asking for initial impressions, not final impressions.

We already have the initial impressions.. On both cans actually.

Haha wow your right!
I haven't thought about that, but Audeze needs to seriously modernize!
great sound at expense of weight is only for younger stronger necks,
Which is not their target audience for sales...(!)

While Hifiman & oppo are on target..

Yet if based on looks alone,
with both side by side:

The 560 looks like a real audio file quality can.
While the oppo looks like, just another popular style, modern type can.. :p

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #1,119 of 21,179
  I been lucky I guess but I have had no issues at all with the cups or connections. I changed the cable quite a few times. I really like both of these cans. The HE560 had a wider soundstage and very balanced.The Oppo has  bette bass extension and mor back depth in the sound stage but both are very transparent and fast and both are very nice cans. I nee dto play with the HE560 on the AK240 more and will post the impression of the cans.  The extension may change when I get the revised pair of HE560 cans.

Thanks Frank.
Can you maybe just say which one has better more treble extension and air?
And the extension should be slightly improved now that the baffle is fixed, yes :}

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #1,121 of 21,179
Haha thanks Frank, then they are both good!
No loser here whichever way you go(!)
Well except for your wallet..
Edit: and Audeze
:p

Apr 10, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #1,122 of 21,179
popcorn.gif

Apr 10, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #1,125 of 21,179
Haha thanks Frank, then they are both good!
No loser here whichever way you go(!)
Well except for your wallet..
Edit: and Audeze
tongue.gif

560 is still 200 bucks cheaper though 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back