= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Oct 26, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #9,647 of 21,179
Nope..no fear..just one of the best amps u can buy for ur money....many many many did it...and got unique speakeramps for that hardearned money...i have one since this year...end game for me...but yeah..they dont cost 500usd
wink.gif
but if u want something special (sounding) ...contact them...asking dont cost a thing..and they are nice people to deal with with angel like patience as i am probably their most pita as customer ever...as i demand the best for my money...and they did...if they didnt i wouldnt even talk about them
wink.gif

As tony suggested..be crazy...do as me..go a different path then most do on headfi..u wont regret it
wink.gif

Ps..check my profile pics for an idea what they did for me...but their specility is not headphoneus ne amps...its speakeramps..thAts probbaly why their headphone amps are good for planars..as they are all based on their speakeramps
wink.gif

what speaker amp di you get? I am actually thinking about grabbing one, also speaker amps can really bring the best out of the HE-560 from what I have heard, the ones I listed are the ones i have the most experiences with, but as far as speaker amps my experience is limited. What do you use hifimanrookie?

Oct 26, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #9,649 of 21,179
  What about the Lyr 1 ? Would it compare to the Lyr 2 in this case ?

Didn't read a lot about version 1 in the thread. I'm more and more thinking going with the Lyr for the warmness and possibilities of tube rolling.

I love the HE-560s with my Lyr 1.  There are design advantages to the Lyr 2 (I can't get more specific; info is out there), but if you're willing to forgo them, I saw a Lyr on Amazon (new, through Amazon) for $369 the other day.

Oct 26, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #9,650 of 21,179

I love the HE-560s with my Lyr 1.  There are design advantages to the Lyr 2 (I can't get more specific; info is out there), but if you're willing to forgo them, I saw a Lyr on Amazon (new, through Amazon) for $369 the other day.

Yeah, I'll get into it, I'm sure it's over here somewhere!

What tubes are you using?

Oct 26, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #9,651 of 21,179
what speaker amp di you get? I am actually thinking about grabbing one, also speaker amps can really bring the best out of the HE-560 from what I have heard, the ones I listed are the ones i have the most experiences with, but as far as speaker amps my experience is limited. What do you use hifimanrookie?

I got a very special one..named the PaG...check the link under my post for the little review i did...damn..still need to update it now its completely burned in :D to much to do to little time. :frown:

Oct 26, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #9,652 of 21,179
  Yeah, I'll get into it, I'm sure it's over here somewhere!

What tubes are you using?

I think the two big changes in the Lyr 2 are DC heaters and High & Low gain settings.  There's a slight limitation to what tubes can be used in relation to the Lyr, but it's minor and those types aren't the best anyway.

re: tubes... too many! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #9,653 of 21,179

The lyr 2 has the addition of high-low gain settings and 'decreased noise' from DC regulated heaters.

If you are specifically interested in tube rolling, Garage1217's Project Ember is designed better for pure tube rolling. The usage of only one tube, tube auto-biasing, continuous self-adjusting bias, auto heater selection, super-charger, easy to access open chassis design, selectable gain... etc...

Pulling the tube out of a Lyr is like pulling teeth from a crocodile. Needing to find a matched pair of NOS tubes gets insanely pricey as well. I don't think the Lyr 2 is the best option if you are primarily looking to do a lot of tube rolling.

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #9,655 of 21,179
I'm still waiting for the 560 to arrive, but I have the Cayin C5, and think it's a great portable amp. Also have the Ray Samuels HR-2, which is a fine desktop amp, looking forward to trying it with the Hifiman.

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #9,656 of 21,179
Im just looking for a warmer set up than the asgard 2. Anyone?

If you want a nice warm amp you should try the Burson Soloist SL. More than enough power for your HE-400i and one of the best I've heard with the HE-500. I've never heard the HE-400i but they should be comparable.

Oct 26, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #9,659 of 21,179
Oct 26, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #9,660 of 21,179
Soloist is a $1000. That might just be a little too much

Soloist SL (SL VERSION :wink: )costs 600$ new but you can get them used. Got mine for 400€ as a retour product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back