= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Oct 26, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #9,632 of 21,179
Just ordered an open box version of one of these babies. Don't have the time/patience right now to read the whole thread, interested in the different pads I read about. Hoping these live up to the hype I've read about them. Hopefully come tomorrow or the next day, can't wait.

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #9,633 of 21,179
  Does anyone think a Cypher Algorythm solo DB + RX MK 3 could drive these well enough? I don't have a desktop setup but these phones drew my attention recently.

I have read that the RX MK3 drives the HE-560 very nicely for a portable set up, so you should be okay. I do however suggest getting yourself a nice desktop amp, or speaker amp and getting yourself an adapter for the HE-560 Just a suggestion though

Oct 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #9,638 of 21,179
What about the Lyr 1 ? Would it compare to the Lyr 2 in this case ?

Didn't read a lot about version 1 in the thread. I'm more and more thinking going with the Lyr for the warmness and possibilities of tube rolling.

Oct 26, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #9,639 of 21,179
That scares me. Does custom mean research and research and a
Lot of extra money with soldering experience.?

Yes I have heard the lyr 2 is a good match, the Asgard 2( for more affordable option), Audio-GD NFB28 and NFB10.33(those are amp and dac units) the new C2 from Audio gd is suppose to be great, MjoInir from Schiit, Vioelectric V200, depending on what you can afford. For under 300$ the Asgard is probably one of your best bets. But also the Garage 1217 Project Polaris(solid state amp, detailed, fast, and clean.) the Garage 1217 Project Ember(tube amp both amps made in america) the Project Polaris and Schiit Asgard 2 is what I would go for under 300$ for solid state. The Lyr or Project Ember is what I would go for under 400$.

Hopes this help, for portable the Cayin C5 is affordable, drives the HE-560 well and with authority and sounds great for under 200$

Oct 26, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #9,642 of 21,179
The Gustard H10 looks interesting too. A V200 clone at a fraction of the price.

Where can that be found? I am definitely interested?

Oct 26, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #9,644 of 21,179
That scares me. Does custom mean research and research and a
Lot of extra money with soldering experience.?

Nope..no fear..just one of the best quality amps u can buy for ur money and built in canada....many many many did it...and got unique speakeramps for their hard earned money...i have one headphone amp since this year...end game for me...but yeah..they dont cost 500usd :wink: but if u want something special (sounding) ...contact them...asking dont cost a thing..and they are nice people to deal with with angel like patience as i am probably their most pita as customer ever...as i demand the best for my money...and they did...if they didnt i wouldnt even talk about them :wink:
As tony suggested..be crazy...do as me..go a different path then most do on headfi..u wont regret it :wink:

Ps..check my profile pics for an idea what they did for me...but their specility is not headphone amps...its speakeramps..thAts probbaly why their headphone amps pair so well with planars..as they are all based on their speakeramps :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back