= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Oct 10, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #8,837 of 21,171
If i am not here it quickly:D gets boring
biggrin.gif

And i am different..for sure i am probably one of the few..if not only southern european (portuguese blood) dude on this thread..and we just react and express differently (more enthousiastic) then the little bit drier attitude of the northern american/ northern european dudes here... But am glad we are all different with our own priorities and likings..thats whats fun on headfi..the international mixture of people.
And one of the other reasons i am here is to improve my english..or at least keep it updated
biggrin.gif

What do mean by dry attitude?  I resent that remark.  Truly.  I am so angry right now.  The foam from my mouth is getting all over my keyboard.  Most unpleasant.  Why must you be so provocative.  Oooh.  Oooh.  So mad.  Grrr.  I will listen to Enya to re-center myself.

:wink:

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #8,838 of 21,171

The LCD3 C really needs a fast and transparent amp and in my book the Burson Soloist is not optimal, to laid back.

Yes the 3C isn't the best with it but the Conductor with its sabre dac matches pretty well for me but even more so with the 3F (which I have). The problem is, all the ones I really loved were all above my cc limit ($5k), otherwise I might have walked out with the Tauras/Vega. The 3C/3F just goes to a totally different level with the right setup (all of which are too expensive). I set my limit to $2k for both a dac and amp and the Conductor is what I liked best that I could afford. Like I said though, I think its the absolute minimum, because I have heard what these things can do with the likes of the LAu etc. We have a store here that you can rock up and pretty much test anything they sell, I went through the lot. With the Hifiman cans, I don't generally hear a great variation and an entry level setup is totally fine, but the LCD3, you really need to do some work to get the right match that brings out what they are capable of. Using the Asguard 2, I wouldn't be jumping to big conclusions saying things are overrated and they don't hit hard (that's just crazy talk
biggrin.gif
).

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #8,839 of 21,171
It's great to see the Rangy/HiFiMan Show back on the road, have you set a tour date for Nashville yet?:scream:

I'm trying to arrange a rolling HiFiMAN tour while simultaneously getting us the opening spot for the Bolder Fresher tour.  We'll be a tough act to follow 
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #8,840 of 21,171
What do mean by dry attitude?  I resent that remark.  Truly.  I am so angry right now.  The foam from my mouth is getting all over my keyboard.  Most unpleasant.  Why must you be so provocative.  Oooh.  Oooh.  So mad.  Grrr.  I will listen to Enya to re-center myself.

:wink:

U americans have such a short temper :D
But enya helps very good with that :p and enigma for that matter :gs1000smile:

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #8,841 of 21,171
Hello all. I wanted to make a quick poll and see if anyone else experiences this. When you have the headphones on your head and you pull one cup away from your head so the seel is broken, do you get a quiet popping sound? My first pair did it and my second pair as well. Sounds like the driver is making the noise. I basically took of the outer metal mesh and still makes the sound. Just curious if anyone else can replicate when breaking suction to your head. Doesn't happen with the HE500. If anyone could humor me I'd appreciate it. :)

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #8,842 of 21,171
Hello all. I wanted to make a quick poll and see if anyone else experiences this. When you have the headphones on your head and you pull one cup away from your head so the seel is broken, do you get a quiet popping sound? My first pair did it and my second pair as well. Sounds like the driver is making the noise. I basically took of the outer metal mesh and still makes the sound. Just curious if anyone else can replicate when breaking suction to your head. Doesn't happen with the HE500. If anyone could humor me I'd appreciate it.
smily_headphones1.gif

I experience a similar sound when I get a new set of headphones, etc. and I have to snap my credit card out of my wallet. 
blink.gif

All jest aside, does this happen with closed back headphones that have a tight seal? The HE-500 is open backed, plus you might be using the velour pads which doesn't make for an airtight seal.

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #8,843 of 21,171
I experience a similar sound when I get a new set of headphones, etc. and I have to snap my credit card out of my wallet. :blink:  
All jest aside, does this happen with closed back headphones that have a tight seal? The HE-500 is open backed, plus you might be using the velour pads which doesn't make for an airtight seal.

Lol. Open or closed this noise only happens with the HE560. Just seeing if its normal with others on the forum. Even though its open there is still a seel to your head that sort of pops the driver when you take the cans off. Strange.

Oct 10, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #8,844 of 21,171
I vaguely remember popping sounds once in a blue moon with the 560 if you lift one of the cans off your head.  I don't know whether or not that was the headband adjustment or the diaphragm itself though.  Right now I can't reproduce it.

When the 560 was first produced and in pre-order phase I remember something about Fang saying they had to drill holes in the bottom of the 560 box because the diaphragms were super then by their standards, and the new, thing diaphragm was very sensitive to air pressure.  I don't know how the holes affected that, and they're not there on my current box, but it wouldn't be too hard to imagine it's something that deals with air pressure that might be making the diaphragm crackle a bit.  

If I'm not mistaken, Stax headphones have this trait as well?

Oct 10, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #8,845 of 21,171
  I vaguely remember popping sounds once in a blue moon with the 560 if you lift one of the cans off your head.  I don't know whether or not that was the headband adjustment or the diaphragm itself though.  Right now I can't reproduce it.

When the 560 was first produced and in pre-order phase I remember something about Fang saying they had to drill holes in the bottom of the 560 box because the diaphragms were super then by their standards, and the new, thing diaphragm was very sensitive to air pressure.  I don't know how the holes affected that, and they're not there on my current box, but it wouldn't be too hard to imagine it's something that deals with air pressure that might be making the diaphragm crackle a bit.  

If I'm not mistaken, Stax headphones have this trait as well?

That is the Stax fart and completely different from any other fart type reproduction. 

Oct 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #8,847 of 21,171
I'm trying to arrange a rolling HiFiMAN tour while simultaneously getting us the opening spot for the Bolder Fresher tour.  We'll be a tough act to follow :wink:

I could see you two sending O'Reilly/Miller home early. Maybe you can get Bill to fire up an Amsterdam Special and chill a bit :astonished:

Oct 10, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #8,848 of 21,171
That is the Stax fart and completely different from any other fart type reproduction. 

Can't be much worse than the semi-famous Rangy Fart :poop:.

Oct 10, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #8,849 of 21,171
Never experienced it with any of my hifiman headphones i ever owned..the he300 (with pleather)/ 400 (pleather and velours) 500 (modulor pads and velours) and now the code-x with the huge leather pads...nothing..

BUT..i got customed from my darkvoice 337 tube amp period to always switch of the music first (leaving laptop on!), then put volume on amp on zero...and only then i take the phone off very carefull..not touching the pads OR the cups (its handfinished with a rare beewax method) so am careful not to touch it with my bare hands, so my sweaty hands cant detoriate the finish)...and only then i switch off laptop..and only after he closed down i disconnect laptop from wall socket....am very careful. Oh yeah..if i have some kind of gel in my hair, then i put a cap on between the headphones and my head :wink:

I am like this with all my stuff..thats why people are not afraid to buy stuff from me..as they know its as new. :p

so maybe it because of that i dont hear any popping?

Or Maybe its about ur headform that makes a better seal and so creates a vacuum, who knows? :rolleyes:

Oct 10, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #8,850 of 21,171
Quote:
U americans have such a short temper
biggrin.gif

But enya helps very good with that
tongue.gif
and enigma for that matter
gs1000.gif

Dude? Enya?  That was our wedding music.  Yes, I love my wife that much! 
wink.gif

Aqualung on my new (used) K712s and French ECC189s (via Turkey) to this EuroMutt (Scotch/English/Flemish, et alia).  Am I allowed to mention those cans here?  We be po', and I cannae afford no LCD-3s or Codex, laddie! 
tongue.gif
  My God... have we sunk this low?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back