= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Aug 15, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #6,961 of 21,171
Yep..but not based on numbers..or because its a SS amp...it was a risk i took i agree..but so worth it.
biggrin.gif
It can be that my next amp will be a mix..with variable tube/ss sound..they just came up with an preamp on which u can change the way that preamp sounds..more tube or more ss sounding...it has both inside..u techies would love the technicalities behind it..lolz

Will it have a green case and bolts on its sides?

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #6,962 of 21,171
I have many engineers in my friends circle..some one of my best friends..but i also know that when they believe something and have measurements to back it up..they will never ever accept any subjective way of thinking...so i accept that..as they will never change..and thats okay..i think stan is one of those smart techies...but a secret..some of my techie freiends agree with me that my rig sounds above expectations good..lolz..but most still think that i am silly spending as much on my rig as i did...lolz :D but they respect my decision..oh well..they also think i am crazy in what i spend on my car....oh well...they like watching soccer..go to all the games of ajax..soend a fortune on the tickets to attend all the games..let alone what they spend on beer etc. In bars when the game is over...lolz..trust me...they spend maybe a multible a year of what i spend on my car AND rig...but they love it..and i love them..so everyone is happy...they gave up trying to convince me and i did the same..perfect balance..hehehe

Same thing here guys...we have two groups who will never agree.....so let us go ahead and talk about what we do agree about....well...does that exist? :D

Well said, and I do owe Stan an apology, all engineers do not fit the caricature of Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory, yes Stan D. That was sarcasm :smirk:, lol.

Though I am breaking my own belief that there are few absolute truths, especially trivial things such as audio reproduction .

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #6,963 of 21,171
Yep..but not based on numbers..or because its a SS amp...it was a risk i took i agree..but so worth it.
biggrin.gif
It can be that my next amp will be a mix..with variable tube/ss sound..they just came up with an preamp on which u can change the way that preamp sounds..more tube or more ss sounding...it has both inside..u techies would love the technicalities behind it..lolz

Next amp?  Seriously?  If that freakin' SS Spaceship amp you've got isn't end game... well, good luck to ya!  
wink.gif
  Back on topic, ever heard the HE-560s on it?  Any plans to?  Did you get on the schedule for the Euro touring pair?  It would be interesting to hear your impressions of them vs. your mighty Code-X.

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #6,964 of 21,171

Next amp?  Seriously?  If that freakin' SS Spaceship amp you've got isn't end game... well, good luck to ya!  
wink.gif
  Back on topic, ever heard the HE-560s on it?  Any plans to?  Did you get on the schedule for the Euro touring pair?  It would be interesting to hear your impressions of them vs. your mighty Code-X.

How's he going to get the purchase (560's) past his boss?

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #6,965 of 21,171
Well said, and I do owe Stan an apology, all engineers do not fit the caricature of Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory, yes Stan D. That was sarcasm :smirk:, lol.

Though I am breaking my own belief that there are few absolute truths, especially trivial things such as audio reproduction .

Play nice......
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #6,966 of 21,171
I hope these next can come to you in pristine condition and you enjoy their sound signature.

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #6,967 of 21,171
Will it have a green case and bolts on its sides?
nope...black and blue interior (like mine)..bolts? Well thats i thing i hate about my amp..it uses special bolts for which u need a special tiny thingie to loosen them (provided with package).. But they look beautiful being polished stainless steel. ..so no green..but if u want..no worries..they do it for u.. :D

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #6,968 of 21,171
Oh, SS can be a beautiful thing, my Krell FPB 300 is an awesome amp, and a great combination with the Audible Illusions M3a, my Lyr 2 makes that magic in a single chassis, can't wait to add my new Bifrost in this weekend.

Thurston, I also received the grill material you recommended on Jerg's Thread, looking forward to some modding this weekend!!!!

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #6,969 of 21,171
It's pretty easy to objectively measure a DAC. All you need are ways of measuring how faithfully it reproduces the original audio signal. If you look at the ODAC's release page there are lots of measurements of it.

That said this only really helps comparing DACs which claim to be 100% accurate. As with amps I fully agree using a different DAC which intentionally introduces distortion could lead to better "synergy" but I have a hard time working out how to do that without tubes, and DACs are SS as far as I know.

As for your last paragraph, I'll just point out that many say the same thing about cables. But it is an accepted fact of this hobby that some people have way too much money to blow, and if they're willing to prop up the industry by buying outrageously priced equipment for little-to-no improvement I don't care. It's their money, I can advise against it but I can't, and shouldn't, tell them what to do with their money.

Just watching the debates thanks for presenting the different sides of the argument. :D

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #6,970 of 21,171
Oh, SS can be a beautiful thing, my Krell FPB 300 is an awesome amp, and a great combination with the Audible Illusions M3a, my Lyr 2 makes that magic in a single chassis, can't wait to add my new Bifrost in this weekend.

Thurston, I also received the grill material you recommended on Jerg's Thread, looking forward to some modding this weekend!!!!

You should really like that Bifrost. You get the Uber + USB?

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #6,971 of 21,171

I hope the new bifrost rocks for you.

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #6,972 of 21,171
Next amp?  Seriously?  If that freakin' SS Spaceship amp you've got isn't end game... well, good luck to ya!  :wink:   Back on topic, ever heard the HE-560s on it?  Any plans to?  Did you get on the schedule for the Euro touring pair?  It would be interesting to hear your impressions of them vs. your mighty Code-X.

No amp is endgame my friend..i found that out a long time ago when i was single (=bigger budget..as no wife and child..lolz) and were into speaker stuff :D

Here is an hint of what i am looking at now to upgrade to and my new amp could be based upon:

http://www.bluecircle.com/page150.html

As i said many times here..somehow i just dont know the right people..as i didnt even know about that list!!! Ofcourse i would love to try it out on my PaG and then doing a side by side to my Code-X.. Also a hifiman headphone in heart..dont forget that, but with some extra special TLC done to it :D

So if anyone could help me more? I would love to try it out..but am in the netherlands..so i dont know if thats a no-go zone as until now ZIP info about any try out headphones...maybe i am to positive about my code-x? Maybe hifiman is a bit afraid that an OLD design hifiman can slap their new design (semi) totl can? :D I had the he500... Loved that can..but no contest to the code-x... So pls..if anyone knows about that euro list..pls pm me about it...

HIFIMAN???? Maybe u guys? I am deadly honest about my stuff and always were and am a huge believer in hifiman products..and owned many...so.... Put me on the list? Pls..pretty pls...lolz

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #6,973 of 21,171
^ Stan D., it is the Bifrost with the 2.0 USB Board, I will need to order the Über Sound Card. Yes, I will be eating my words when I try to install the board w/o engineering assistance. Picked it up on eBay from a Neighbor in TN for a great price.

I don't have many DSD recordings, what do you know about the Loki?

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #6,974 of 21,171
^ Stan D., it is the Bifrost with the 2.0 USB Board, I will need to order the Über Sound Card. Yes, I will be eating my words when I try to install the board w/o engineering assistance. Picked it up on eBay from a Neighbor in TN for a great price.

I don't have many DSD recordings, what do you know about the Loki?

I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to DSD. I know that installing one of the boards into the Bifrost requires lining up the leds with holes, I think it's the USB board so you might be lucky. The Bifrost thread has the install instructions about lining up stuff. Finding it may be a challenge.

Aug 15, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #6,975 of 21,171
I guess I could send it in, I am a bit worried about turn around time though, 3 weeks, 2 to and from shipping, 1 for the work is a long time to go with out my main DAC. Could hold on to my Modi as backup, I have heard the Über sound board is a big step up. Though I think some of the changes Jason mentioned will be updated Bowes for the Bifrost and Gungnir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back