= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jul 11, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #5,071 of 21,179

I have ears on the larger side and mine do touch the pad itself slightly (not the screen material over the driver).  As someone stated earlier, this might be a function of the cylindrical nature of the production pads.  If the Focus-A pads do allow for the ear to tuck behind the pad opening like I am used to on my HD600's that may be a comfort improvement.  This is really splitting hairs though as they are incredibly comfortable as-is.

I did order the pre-prod pads from head-direct because I couldn't resist trying out the other option.

Wish you the best of luck.  Hopefully you'll find something that works out for you :/ 

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #5,072 of 21,179
  Maybe yet another set of pads with a deeper cavity could be made for those of us with ears that stick out.

Ehhh...nah. Enough drama with HE560 revision as is. Sorry bro. You could try the Audeze vegans perhaps?

Edit: or maybe mod the focus pads so they are deeper (try the hifiman pleather foam insert rings?).

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #5,073 of 21,179

Wish you the best of luck.  Hopefully you'll find something that works out for you :/ 

I am in no way dis-satisfied, these headphones (pads included) rock! 
beyersmile.png

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #5,074 of 21,179
  Ehhh...nah. Enough drama with HE560 revision as is. Sorry bro. You could try the Audeze vegans perhaps?

Edit: or maybe mod the focus pads so they are deeper (try the hifiman pleather foam insert rings?).

That might be a good idea :p  LOL. 

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #5,075 of 21,179

That might be a good idea :p  LOL. 

Perhaps, but I always dread them because they make the earpads less cushy, as they kinda push up and compact the earpad foam. Surely some do not mind that.

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #5,076 of 21,179
  Perhaps, but I always dread them because they make the earpads less cushy, as they kinda push up and compact the earpad foam. Surely some do not mind that.

They definitely do that.  Also the added clamping force doesn't help either. 

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #5,077 of 21,179

Did you pay for express shipping?  Man.. that was the longest 2 days ever.  Anticipation is making me cranky..  I am thinking that they are going to miss the "delivered by" date and should qualify for a refund in shipping
mad.gif
...but then again, I've had priority items take 2 weeks just to get from Washington to me, about a 4 hour trip including the ferry...
rolleyes.gif

Anyway,,,  I'll just relax for the weekend and hope for at least by Tuesday (my birthday)..

I paid for the express, but I think the guarantee means within the US, after that when they hand the package to Canada Post their responsibility ends. At least that is what I think. Given that they haven't hit the border yet and in my case all US parcels go to Quebec to be sorted (What is with that?) before they get sent to the Ottawa sorting facility. If all of this is done within the 5 days I will be very surprised. If I remember correctly that is the range for Priority Express International, 3-5 business days. Totally sucks, but we are going to be waiting until mid next week is my best guess.

Jul 11, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #5,078 of 21,179
Well I guess they could argue that Tuesday didn't count so, that should be next Tuesday for the 5 days.  Seems like a stretch considering they haven't even made it to Canada yet... and CBSA... 
rolleyes.gif

Oh well... they will arrive eventually..  My CEntrance won't be here until the end of next week anyway... Charlottetown to Victoria, 6051km!!  That's a bit of a tour for the Canadapost ponies... 

Jul 11, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #5,082 of 21,179
Mine are here..... anybody else have dents or warps in the grills? Both of mine are bowed, but I have a ripple through the middle of the left side. 

Jul 11, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #5,083 of 21,179
  They just arrived! Letting them burn in with a modified EF-5 amp and Uber Bifrost while I'm at work.

Ooo, that sounds like a nice combo. Looking forward to your impressions. I miss my EF-5. I will probably spring for the HE-560 when I get the funds. My choices so far for my next amp are the EF-5 (again), Lyr 2, and Compass 2. Man, I need to get off Head-Fi and go find a job.

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #5,084 of 21,179
Just got mine couple of days ago, first listening impression is really good. I thought I might need to sell them due my financial issues, now I want to keep them and sell my LCD-XC. But they are truly exceptional headphones, and they are really close to my Abyss in terms of SQ. They are so comfortable to wear though. 

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #5,085 of 21,179
  Mine are here..... anybody else have dents or warps in the grills? Both of mine are bowed, but I have a ripple through the middle of the left side. 

They are always bowed slightly I find. Well, you might find that the regrilling mod I document is the way to go, as it is by far the most ubiquitous Hifiman-specific mod around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back