= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jul 7, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #4,726 of 21,179

Thank you very much for the images... It seems like I would prefer the pre- version. But still:

How do you rate both earpads in terms of fitting your ears inside the pads?

Also, do you find any difference in terms of depth of both earpads? As you find production pads better in holding their shape as well as in their angle, I wonder whether it makes any difference - do your ears touch the bottom with either version?

Thank you very very very much in advance for answering my questions...

I like the pre-ones better. They measure pretty much the same in any dimension, but the pre ones have slightly more volume inside because of how they're built. My ears touch the pads regardless. 

Jul 7, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #4,727 of 21,179

I like the pre-ones better. They measure pretty much the same in any dimension, but the pre ones have slightly more volume inside because of how they're built. My ears touch the pads regardless. 

Thanks... Sad news. My ears are touching the production pads significantly... I only find the Hifiman pleathers completely fine (velours are alright) so I guess I shouldnt be surprised. I just thought that the production pads are really going to be 6cm in inner diameter as advertised =/ Because that would be perfect...

Jul 7, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #4,728 of 21,179
so if it's absurd to "cancel a pre-order" of a headphone (HE-560) I haven't heard in person (with pre-prod pads),
is it equally absurd to actually place an order (20% discount) for HE-560 with production pads despite not hearing these either?
L3000.gif

nabbed the final 560 in stock at headphone.com, final minute of their business day.
an agonizing and grueling decision. 
hope i don't feel compelled to return them within 30 days and pay the restocking fee.....

Jul 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #4,729 of 21,179
Just thought I would given an update on my order placed with HeadRoom... I placed my order Friday using the 20% off coupon, and I just received an email from them with my tracking information. My 560's should arrive on Wednesday! Awesome customer service and they definitely have earned a loyal customer... 

Jul 7, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #4,730 of 21,179

nabbed the final 560 in stock at headphone.com, final minute of their business day.
an agonizing and grueling decision. 
hope i don't feel compelled to return them within 30 days and pay the restocking fee.....

Surely someone would take it off you for that discounted price!!
beerchug.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #4,732 of 21,179
I ordered myself a pair of the pre-order pads...  They'll come in when they come in :p 

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #4,733 of 21,179
  I ordered myself a pair of the pre-order pads...  They'll come in when they come in :p 

How were you able to order the pre-order pads? Are they available on head-direct.com or did you have to contact them and make a request?

Just from the pictures the production pads seem to be of higher quality than the pre order ones. The stitching looks a little funky on the pre order pads.

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #4,735 of 21,179
  How were you able to order the pre-order pads? Are they available on head-direct.com or did you have to contact them and make a request?

Just from the pictures the production pads seem to be of higher quality than the pre order ones. The stitching looks a little funky on the pre order pads.

Pre-order pad: http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=203
Production pad: http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=198

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #4,736 of 21,179
Not sure anyone noted,
But I am hearing distinct layers of instrument separation which is very impressive (!)

Also the trebles have more "body" than my modded hd800 (!)

Just a different perspective but there is definitely a feeling of,
"I am keeping this"..
Lol

Dude, don't make me nervous g'dammit 
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #4,737 of 21,179

I ordered the pads last week to try on my HE-6 (beats me what version I have coming but think it's the production ones) and got an email from Lu saying to give them a day or two more due to popularity as they are sold out. This email came in Thursday. Not a peep since then but based on all you guys ordering maybe they are shipping?!

They are hard to love and yet hard not to love, this HiFiMan gang..........

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #4,740 of 21,179

Definitely gotta consider them, as awesome as the 560 may sound/be. Yup, considering getting a Schiit Asgard 2 amp myself, probably from here, lol, with the 400i savings. Yup, definitely wanna get all I can out of the phones. Plus, getting an amp will allow me to still use the headphone jack on the front of my receiver so I can get the benefits of Dolby Headphone in my console gaming, all while getting more power.

Oh they're getting a great deal! I'm hoping I can convince them to at least give me 10% off the 400i. If they're letting the 560 go for 20% off, why not the 400i? Maybe the profit margin is lower, idk. I'll use my emails with the CEO as a bargaining tool :p

Hey, you didn't tell me though, how do you describe the feeling of the mids on the 560s?
Also, how's the life-like/out of head experience with the 400i?

I'm going to only talk about the mids on the 560s briefly here in this thread - for my 400i reply, I think it's best if I reply in the 400i thread.

To be honest, I think you should probably read the posts of whomever has actually received the 560s by now for a better idea of how they sound like. However, I will say that I thought the mids of the 560s were overall neutral, but definitely more on the bright side (but not extremely bright). Mids on the 560s were also highly detailed, and overall they just sounded right/realistic to me. This is opposed to the 400i mids, which also sounded natural but definitely weren't as bright as the mids on the 560s. Both the 560 and 400i presented vocals in a slightly different, but equally well manner if you don't take into account the placement of those vocals. Sorry I can't give a more detailed impression, as it's been a while since I listened to the two and I'd probably need more time to compare the two to actually say any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back