= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jun 20, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #3,616 of 21,175
It's going to be week 4 really soon. HiFiMan, where are you? 
popcorn.gif

By the way, since we are on the topic, who is actually entitled to the $100 gift voucher? I understand it's for those who made a pre-order. I ordered on the 6th of May, but of course have not receive my headphone yet. Am I part of the pre-order batch?   

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #3,622 of 21,175
They're probably giving the 100 dollar voucher to pre-order folk who didn't get their pre-order headphones.

I'd be very disappointed if I didn't get my credit just because I preordered at a dealer... As I haven't received neither the preproduction nor the production version yet :mad:

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #3,623 of 21,175
I'd be very disappointed if I didn't get my credit just because I preordered at a dealer... As I haven't received neither the preproduction nor the production version yet
mad.gif

I believe (not positive) that the credit is only for those who pre-ordered direct from HFM. Possibly, only to those who received their pre-order (again, not positive). It's HFM way of compensating their direct customers for the hassle of receiving a "non" final version and getting it swapped out. 

If you aren't happy with the service from your specific vendor/dealer, you might want to discuss the matter with them directly. Don't know if anything will come of it, but a wheel that doesn't squeak never get oiled, so to speak...

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #3,624 of 21,175
  I believe (not positive) that the credit is only for those who pre-ordered direct from HFM. Possibly, only to those who received their pre-order (again, not positive). It's HFM way of compensating their direct customers for the hassle of receiving a "non" final version and getting it swapped out. 

If you aren't happy with the service from your specific vendor/dealer, you might want to discuss the matter with them directly. Don't know if anything will come of it, but a wheel that doesn't squeak never get oiled, so to speak...

TL:DR version - Make the compensation available to every pre-order or don't compensate at all...
I guess I don't care that much but would be nice to be compensated fpr the long wait!

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #3,625 of 21,175
HiFiMan HE-560 

The sound of HiFiMan’s new HE-560 has less in common with the PM-1 than do the LCD-2 and even HD600. A follow-up to the HE-500 model, its tuning is somewhat like applying a v-shaped EQ filter to the PM-1, lifting up the lows and highs.

The HE-560 is bassier than the PM-1, and the extra bass gives it a slightly warmer tone. At the same time, its treble is more energetic and extended, allowing its presentation a more “open” feel. The extra treble energy sounds more natural to me, but the HE-560 also appears less full-bodied (i.e. “thinner”) through the midrange. This grants the HE-560 a more “analytical” note presentation that some listeners may not find appealing. Overall, however, the upper midrange and treble of the HE-560 are more well-defined, more crisp and nuanced.

The mid-centric PM-1, on the other hand, sounds extremely coherent with its stronger, thicker midrange. Its bass is just a hair more boomy compared to the HE-560 but it has smoother, completely fatigue-free treble. The PM-1 can sound a little vague and lacking in crispness next to the HE-560 – smoothed-over is the best term. It also doesn’t quite have the same open, well-imaged presentation, but is more efficient and would again be my pick over the HE-560 for a transportable rig.

http://theheadphonelist.com/oppo-pm-1-review-comparisons-lcd-2-hd600-560/

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #3,626 of 21,175
I don't care to know any comparison to other signature cans like LCD2 or pm1..

I whish someone would compare the new he560 to the likes of he500, he5, he6, code-X, lcd X, lcd3..
Those are the ones.
The planars to beat..

Edit:
Sorry to sound like a spoiled brat (!) Lol
It is the impatience in me.
I do appreciate the previous comparisons..
:p

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #3,628 of 21,175
Been lurking in this thread for a while now. I can't wait to read more comparisons between the 560 and 400i. It'll be hard to choose. 560 is technically superior obviously but the 400i seems like it will be more euphonic as I read that it takes after the HE-500 sound.

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #3,629 of 21,175
I'm sure we'll have some impression and comparison after the ChiUniFi meet this Satruday, which I sadly can't go. 
Otherwise, I believe the 400i has not been up for order yet. 

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #3,630 of 21,175
  HiFiMan HE-560 

The sound of HiFiMan’s new HE-560 has less in common with the PM-1 than do the LCD-2 and even HD600. A follow-up to the HE-500 model, its tuning is somewhat like applying a v-shaped EQ filter to the PM-1, lifting up the lows and highs.

The HE-560 is bassier than the PM-1, and the extra bass gives it a slightly warmer tone. At the same time, its treble is more energetic and extended, allowing its presentation a more “open” feel. The extra treble energy sounds more natural to me, but the HE-560 also appears less full-bodied (i.e. “thinner”) through the midrange. This grants the HE-560 a more “analytical” note presentation that some listeners may not find appealing. Overall, however, the upper midrange and treble of the HE-560 are more well-defined, more crisp and nuanced.

The mid-centric PM-1, on the other hand, sounds extremely coherent with its stronger, thicker midrange. Its bass is just a hair more boomy compared to the HE-560 but it has smoother, completely fatigue-free treble. The PM-1 can sound a little vague and lacking in crispness next to the HE-560 – smoothed-over is the best term. It also doesn’t quite have the same open, well-imaged presentation, but is more efficient and would again be my pick over the HE-560 for a transportable rig.

http://theheadphonelist.com/oppo-pm-1-review-comparisons-lcd-2-hd600-560/

Great summary! Everything is in there. It's more a matter of taste - and synergy - at this point. I would probably prefer the PM-1's sound signature on the Hugo alone.
I hope the HE-400i is close to the HE-500 performance. I would jump on it if it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back