= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 13, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #2,386 of 21,174
That gives me even more hope for the Mstage. It's a really dynamic amp. Plenty of power, it should do ~0.5-1w@32ohms (0.4w@60ohms)
Well...:popcorn:

May 13, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #2,387 of 21,174
HFM just mailed me and ask whether I want the phone to be shipped with the smaller earpads NOW, or wait till the big one is manufactured. :blink:
I also just realised that my ear is 6.3cm tall. Since this is my first time purchasing full size cans, any advice on this? Thanks :o2smile:

Well, mine is ~6.5cm and am waiting for the bigger pads to be sure... I mean they're fixing the swivels as well so I reckon it's wise to wait a little more to get the 'better' package.
Sure the smaller pads might fit but I am willing to wait a bit more to be on the safe side :)

May 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #2,390 of 21,174
My right ear are about 6.9 cm. (My left ear is a little bit smaller.) My ears do touch the pads just slightly. Still, you might want to wait for the new pads. My concern is that the new pads may not be as comfortable. If HFM is making the opening larger, it could change the comfort if the pads are thinner or stiffer. Of course, we don't know yet.

May 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #2,391 of 21,174
It'd be nice if HFM included both but I guess they won't.
I wonder, did anyone really complain about the pad size? I guess bigger pads cam only do my ears good but I am curios :) seems like it might be of benefit to own both... Will anyone be getting the bigger pads? Like Jerg, people from the sample group.

May 13, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #2,393 of 21,174
Actually, size, angle, and extension (or some combination thereof) could be problematic. It all depends on the individual ear. "Comfort" is a very subjective evaluation. An HP that fully surrounds the ear without touching it may be less comfortable to an individual than an HP that touches slightly. It depends on a lot of different factors.

May 13, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #2,395 of 21,174
  HFM just mailed me and ask whether I want the phone to be shipped with the smaller earpads NOW, or wait till the big one is manufactured.
blink.gif

I also just realised that my ear is 6.3cm tall. Since this is my first time purchasing full size cans, any advice on this? Thanks 
o2smile.gif

I don't think you will have a problem, except when you go to take the 560's off, you won't want to. :^)

May 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #2,397 of 21,174
  Theyre changing the pads on the 560 already? It's too small i guess? 

Kind of, not really. A few impressions mentioned that their ears touched the inside of the earpads, and people who didn't get their headphones lost their stools and overreacted. This forced a reaction from Hifiman to make new earpads with larger openings.

Fortunately there is also a cosmetic / build issue with the first preorder units, so the delay is not only due to making new (most likely unnecessary) earpads.

May 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #2,398 of 21,174

I don't think you will have a problem, except when you go to take the 560's off, you won't want to. :^)

You got that right!! Even though my HD650s are a lot lighter and completely surround my ears without touching, my preorder HE-560s are much, much more comfortable, esp. for long periods. I just hope that the new pads don't lose any comfort.

May 13, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #2,399 of 21,174
  Hello Clemmaster,
You seem to be very happy with HE-560. I am very glad for you. I can notice that you possess the Yulong DA8 DAC. Has the DA8 got enough power to drive the HIFIMAN HE-560?
I am very interested in your answer.
Best regards.

I heard Clem's HE-560 from the DA8 (and from many other setups) at a meet last weekend. The DA8 has enough power. The HE-560 doesn't seem hard to drive. Whether the DA8 sounds good or not is another question and a matter of preference.

May 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #2,400 of 21,174
I really hope they don't change the softness of the pads and only adjust the actual width. it'd be a shame for people to miss out on how comfy the current pads are.

I'm looking forward to the he400i, with the delays I'm guessing that one will come out without problems. if HiFiMAN does happen to give that $100 credit I'm very likely to buy those for the heck of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back