= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Feb 3, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #20,552 of 21,175
and is the bass of the 560 good for hiphop music?.
with the right amp, yes its excellent, the midrange and highs also suit hip hop very well. the bass quantity is kind of lacking but its a worthy trade for a more balanced sound, I dont think voices would come through as realistically and clearly if there was more bass. its a more hifi hip hop experience

My pair has mods though, and to get full potential you need mods.
This is kind of irrelevant to you since dont have them yet but the essential ones are silicone sealer under the pads, grill mod ( you can just remove the the grill completely and have the back completely open although its kind of sketchy) and backwave damping.

For Backwave damping I dont recommend modding the pads irreversibly like removing the dust screen, aside from being irreversible I found the dust screen plays a small part in damping and diffusion of sound waves, it will sound clearer but you mess up imaging and tonal balance a little bit in the process.
You dont need to remove the pads at all to insert backwave damping material, just put them inside the pads.

Feb 3, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #20,553 of 21,175
I read in this post https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...mmendations-he-560-and-hd6xx.3840/#post-91412 that the HE-560 is very close in performance to the Amanda, is this true?, and is the bass of the 560 good for hiphop music?.

"Sorry... did not mean to write Ananda (which is successor of the Edition X v2) but meant Sundara.
The plot thus is HE560 and Sundara [...]"
- https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/headphone-amp-recommendations-he-560-and-hd6xx.3840/#post-91612

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #20,554 of 21,175
I got recently V2 and V3, which have 45 ohm and 35 ohms respectively.
And the sounds are different, where V3 has more liquid mid and mid high whereas V2 is execpected as in usual he-560 having 45 ohms according to my reading in this thread and way better than 400i according to my memory.
Is V3 potentially the same driver as Sundara which has 35 ohms per specification?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #20,555 of 21,175
Hello guys, I recently purchased the Brainwavz Angled Pleather pads. I haven't purchased a spare pair of those plastic mounting rings. (Cost including shipping comes to $27, yikes!)
Does anyone here have any experience with these particular pads? Any way to reuse the plastic rings from the stock focus pads without destroying them?

Thanks

Feb 5, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #20,556 of 21,175
And the sounds are different, where V3 has more liquid mid and mid high whereas V2 is execpected as in usual he-560 having 45 ohms according to my reading in this thread and way better than 400i according to my memory.
Is V3 potentially the same driver as Sundara which has 35 ohms per specification?
do you mean the adorama v2 and v3? i have both versions of the adorama ones and they sound exactly the same. or do you mean the v2 wood cups and v3 adorama?

Feb 5, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #20,557 of 21,175
Does your v2 having wooden cups? cuz as I remember, adorama v2 and v3 are 100% identical besides the headband strap. Only the wooden cup ones sounds different than adorama versions.

Feb 5, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #20,558 of 21,175
No, they are all from Adorama aka the same outlook but V2 has shorter reach due to more rounded headband metal part.
I measured the impedance several times, and they are different.

Did Hifiman try several different prototypes through adorama outlet?

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #20,560 of 21,175
The HE-560 has always had a 45 ohm impedance to the best of my knowledge. The only difference between the V2 and V3 was the length of the strap 8" and 8.5". Even the earlier all wood version was 45 ohms. Some feel there is a difference in sound between the wood and the V2 or V3 which are identical sounding. The HE-560 has a sensitivity of 90db making them fairly difficult to drive.

The Sundara has an impedance of 37 ohms and a sensitivity of 94db makiing it a bit more efficient, but still a good amp required IMO.

I have a HE-560 V2 and have not heard the Sundara, but from the specs I would bet they have a different voice than the 560.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #20,561 of 21,175
How did you measure the impedance?
through simple Ohm meter through stock cable in both xlr and 1/4 jack.
Technically what I measured are DC resistances including the stock cable resistance.
There are some 10 % tolerance over there.
I didn't remember those exact measure.
I can poste again the measure if you like.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #20,564 of 21,175
Hello guys, I recently purchased the Brainwavz Angled Pleather pads. I haven't purchased a spare pair of those plastic mounting rings. (Cost including shipping comes to $27, yikes!)
Does anyone here have any experience with these particular pads? Any way to reuse the plastic rings from the stock focus pads without destroying them?

Thanks
I just cut the through the old pads. My old pads were already torn though. Just be very careful with the rings. They're very easy to break.

The angled pleathers made the sound better overall. Mine has the grill mod by the way.

Feb 5, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #20,565 of 21,175
i sent back 2 sets of v2 and have the third pair i still own all three were exactly the same in impedance and sound. they sound exactly like the v3 does. did you use the same cable to measure both? mine both measure the same.
Yes I did with cable interchanged, and still I got the same values.
It's weird.
I think that hifiman has gone through experimenting or some pilot runs for something for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back