= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Aug 2, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #19,996 of 21,171
wait you mean replace the whole set with a v1 set?? hmmm imo the v1 still sounds better then the v2 overall. but i hated the plastic yokes on the v1. what to do. i think ill try going directly through hifiman also instead of adorama. and when they said replace the band with the sundara do you know if they meant just the strap or the whole thing yokes and all?? those are both important questions i would love to know.

Yes, they said they can swap my whole v2 with the v1. For the sundara headband, I assume its the whole headband with yokes. I emailed back to clarify about the sundara headband but still waiting for a reply.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #19,997 of 21,171
man if the v1 they sent had a metal band i would go for that in a second. but with the plastic i would be torn. keep us posted. if hifiman would just get their crap together they wouldnt need to do stuff like this all the time. im sure it costs them a decent amount always replacing parts for people like this.

Aug 2, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #20,001 of 21,171
I emailed Hifiman about these headbands and they said they could either replace my v2 with the v1 or they could send me just the Sundara headband. Isn't the Sundara headband exactly the same as the v2 headband? I really like the sound of the v2 but I don't know if I'm missing out on anything vs the v1. According the some people the v1 sound better. Also, I don't know if I want to take a risk with the v1 yokes.

The Sundara headband is the exact same as the v2 headband. I measured them when I still had my v2.

Aug 2, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #20,002 of 21,171
Can I just say, i had a different job for a while and wasn't using cans at all... then I went back and had to use my Batman 560s for something really critical... and man... even though it had only been a few weeks I'd totally forgotten how amazing they sound... holy cow...

Aug 3, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #20,003 of 21,171
My HE560 is about 4-1/2 years old, headband is perfect, ear pads still look really good and it has SMC connectors which to me provide a more secure connection than 2.5 or 3.5 jacks IMO.

All this talk about V1 and V2 is a funny since it would make my SMC jack version V0 since I think most figured the change from SMC to 2.5mm as going to V2 and with the 3.5mm jacks as V3. FWIW the 3 HE560 with SMC jacks sounded pretty much the same while the 2 with 2.5mm jacks were just a bit different, a bit brighter to me and the bass when lower.

Aug 3, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #20,004 of 21,171
My HE560 is about 4-1/2 years old, headband is perfect, ear pads still look really good and it has SMC connectors which to me provide a more secure connection than 2.5 or 3.5 jacks IMO.

All this talk about V1 and V2 is a funny since it would make my SMC jack version V0 since I think most figured the change from SMC to 2.5mm as going to V2 and with the 3.5mm jacks as V3. FWIW the 3 HE560 with SMC jacks sounded pretty much the same while the 2 with 2.5mm jacks were just a bit different, a bit brighter to me and the bass when lower.

I hear you David but since the latest version is officially sold as v.2 I think it would be pretty confusing calling them something else, just my 2c....

Aug 3, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #20,005 of 21,171

Those would be V1 Rev.1 and V1 Rev. 2, IMO. But it's always best to follow the version names we can actually track officially, and just specify "SMC connectors version" instead.

Aug 3, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #20,006 of 21,171
Those would be V1 Rev.1 and V1 Rev. 2, IMO. But it's always best to follow the version names we can actually track officially, and just specify "SMC connectors version" instead.

You can't call it a rev if it is the original version :wink:

Aug 6, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #20,008 of 21,171
HiFiman customer service confirmed to me that they are putting NEW headbands on them, with longer straps. So most likely it'll fix the problem :)

I'm glad to hear that they are eventually listening to us!

I hope they do it straight away and not delay any further, myself and several others mentioned it over on the Sundara thread in the very early days.

Aug 6, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #20,009 of 21,171
Can someone with a V2 confirm that they sound like the original V1 if you pull on the cups to relieve a bit of clamp? Without creating a leak in the pads I mean. Ideally they are flat down to 20 Hz, zero rolloff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back