= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Mar 7, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #19,201 of 21,171
Mar 7, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #19,203 of 21,171
Well, I jinxed myself with my posts about this replacement headband going well. I was putting the cables on my headphone today and heard a CRACK, followed by a look of disgust on my face. I checked the same area and noticed a hairline crack starting in the replacement band. Sigh. I received this headband on Feb 2nd, so lasted just over a month.

Mar 7, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #19,206 of 21,171
Ouch....that sucks. Put some epoxy on and let it dry....should hold the crack from getting worse

Yea. I could. I'm actually an adhesives/composites engineers and we primarily work on epoxy-based materials. :) That said, I'm just using electrical tape right now because it blends in better. I may put in some adhesives later. I still have my original broken headband, so I may go and try to jig something up with some metal sheets.

Or, as good as it may sound, return it. Should stop the crack from getting worse.....that you know of :p

Also @antdroid, hello from Seattle :D

Greetings fellow resident!

Mar 7, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #19,208 of 21,171
My metal re-enforced yolks are still holding strong with daily use. I dont baby them either.

Reinforced - as in you adhered on metal under the yokes or did you make a new yoke? (pics?)

Mar 7, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #19,210 of 21,171
Like the people here that has been saying HE-560 is good for the price-point seems to be right. I just compared Sundara to HE-560, and HE-560 is technically better performing. Too bad about the yoke with the new batch.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #19,211 of 21,171
Like the people here that has been saying HE-560 is good for the price-point seems to be right. I just compared Sundara to HE-560, and HE-560 is technically better performing. Too bad about the yoke with the new batch.

Oh thanks for comparing the two. It seems that has been missing in everything I've read - a comparison of the two! It sounds like HE560 was your choice between the two. That's good to know. I really like this sound signature, so I don't plan on getting rid of it but this gosh darn yoke issue is annoying. I am probably going to spend time crafting a DIY solution for this to make this thing last a bit longer. Would really be interested in those 3D printed ones too!

Mar 7, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #19,212 of 21,171
Oh thanks for comparing the two. It seems that has been missing in everything I've read - a comparison of the two! It sounds like HE560 was your choice between the two. That's good to know. I really like this sound signature, so I don't plan on getting rid of it but this gosh darn yoke issue is annoying. I am probably going to spend time crafting a DIY solution for this to make this thing last a bit longer. Would really be interested in those 3D printed ones too!
Forget what I said, I think I've experienced driver break-in.

Mar 8, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #19,214 of 21,171
Shoot! That's not motivating at all. I think I am packing my 2nd Adorama replacement of the HE-560 and sending it back regardless hifiman sent me a headband to fix it. I like it's sound, but if I return it at least I can use what I spent on it on another hp that will not break for one thing or another sooner or... later.
The only thing is will the $350 get you a headphone that sounds as good :ksc75smile:????. I guess I'm a little stubborn and like to tinker so if my headband ever broke I'd find a way to fix it since I do like the sound of them and since mine are the old SMC jack versions. I don't think there were many broken headband (if any) so I think I'm going good for now but man does it suck to see all of the broken headband out there and I'm glad that 2 of my friends who got the HE560 because I recommended them did so a long time ago and also have the SMC jack version but they did pay $600-650 IIRC.

Mar 8, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #19,215 of 21,171
When I was testing out the HE-560 I thought it sounded very good for $500. But the build quality was a joke imo.

However that is a problem I have with all Hifiman headphones in general (which is also part of the reason why I never bought Hifiman headphones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back