= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Jul 28, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #16,726 of 21,175
If all you have for a source is a cell phone or a weak amp in your DAP then I would go with the hex. It sounds fantastic even with sources that don't put much power out. However it also doesn't scale much either.

Otherwise the he560 is just as good if not better than the hex with full sized gear.

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #16,727 of 21,175
  What do you guys think of trading in my HE560 to the Edition X? would it make a lot of difference in terms of sound? I have not heard the Edition X as no retailers here bring them in. Are they like mini HE1000 minus the metal build?

It was just too laid back for my taste, sounds a little lifeless next to the HE-560 but as @Soundsgoodtome noted they are very easy to drive so if you only have a DAP or phone then its something I would consider but if you have a decent desktop system then the HE-560 is much better IMO.  The HEX is like the LCD-X, both easy to drive but I like the LCD-X sound better but the HEX is way more comfortable. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #16,728 of 21,175
Anyone thinking about spending 1k or better should consider the focal elear. Inner fidelity has the review up now. Think I found my next set of cans. Time to sell some gear. Does it ever end. Hmmm

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #16,729 of 21,175
Anyone thinking about spending 1k or better should consider the focal elear. Inner fidelity has the review up now. Think I found my next set of cans. Time to sell some gear. Does it ever end. Hmmm

There's always something else waiting in the wings. So when is what you have more than good enough or is it the quest that entices you?

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #16,731 of 21,175

Was looking at the Elear also, but not selling anything

There's always something else waiting in the wings. So when is what you have more than good enough or is it the quest that entices you?

Not on a quest to find the best, just looking for a different sound signature than from what I have.

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #16,732 of 21,175

Not on a quest to find the best, just looking for a different sound signature than from what I have.

Same for me, even when the differences aren't immense, it is fun to try new sound signatures. I also admit to enjoying the thrill of a new toy almost for that feeling alone! Thankfully I can't afford to indulge such whims easily or I suspect I would waste more money.

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #16,733 of 21,175

That's sensible. I was referring to some folks that enjoy the hunt and might never be satisfied.

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #16,734 of 21,175
  That's sensible. I was referring to some folks that enjoy the hunt and might never be satisfied.

I guess you could say I enjoy the hunt but to find a different sound signature, not the supposed best sound signature. 

The thing about the Elear that got me interested is Tyll's description of them being so dynamic, its one of the reason that the HEK, HEX, LCD-X all are not interesting to me, they are great sounding but at times boring.

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #16,735 of 21,175
There's a few I'll probably never let go. The 650, he-6 & 560's are in a steady rotation. That new toy syndrome is probably a part of it as well. Still looking for a flagship ss amp to satisfy me. Still waiting on the black widow. They are finally shipping a few out weekly.hopefully soon

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #16,736 of 21,175
There's a few I'll probably never let go. The 650, he-6 & 560's are in a steady rotation. That new toy syndrome is probably a part of it as well. Still looking for a flagship ss amp to satisfy me. Still waiting on the black widow. They are finally shipping a few out weekly.hopefully soon

Right now I'd find a pile of profiteroles to be quite satisfying, mmmmm.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #16,737 of 21,175
  Right now I'd find a pile of profiteroles to be quite satisfying, mmmmm.

Mmm, did somebody say dessert? My doctor sure as hell didn't when I saw her a month ago ... but I swear somebody else did 
devil_face.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #16,739 of 21,175
  Damn you, so much for the diet, heading to Liliha Bakery to pick up some coconut cream ones and a nice light champagne to pair them with
tongue_smile.gif

Aloha, you are pretty far from The Big Easy. Looks like the good stuff has found its way across the Pacific. How hard is it to get your hands on audio gear over there?

Jul 28, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #16,740 of 21,175
  Aloha, you are pretty far from The Big Easy. Looks like the good stuff has found its way across the Pacific. How hard is it to get your hands on audio gear over there?

Not easy to get stuff here, no high end audio stores so only Best buy and some others like Walmart, Sears, Etc.  Best thing about Hawaii is the diversity of the culture, food here is great, lots of different cultures with their own unique foods so its hard to lose weight, also have many great restaurants with interesting fusion between various cultures and the women are great looking due to lots of interracial marriages and many are fairly active due to the great weather.  My current GF used to live in NYC and she doesn't miss it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back