= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Apr 29, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #1,561 of 21,176
  For some reason nobody mention about the non-circular stitching between the velour and the pleather.

In many of the photos taken by those who got the test sample, I noticed that the stitching is just unacceptable for a 900$ headphone.

May be that's why they delay the shipping (just speculation xD)...

And btw, hi head-fiers, this is my first post here, even though I spent lots of times reading this site. (Can't believe I read that STX thread for 3 times... Lol)

Hi, welcome!
I was looking at the stitching too but since Jerg did not comment on it, I deemed it unimportant for comfort. As long as the pads are more or less the same everywhere else [I am looking at you HM5 pads!] and comfy, I'll be happy ^_^

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #1,562 of 21,176
I'm not sure if this was answered before but I couldn't seem to find the information.  Will the HE-560 ship with balanced cables like the HE-6?  I'm wondering if there will be a big difference between single ended and balanced on an amp like the Master-9 which has significantly more power output in balanced mode.

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #1,563 of 21,176
Hasn't been confirmed but I don't think they'll ship with a balanced cable.

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #1,566 of 21,176
It's a straight up 6.5mm-terminated cable, no adapter-ination, but no balanced.

For some reason nobody mention about the non-circular stitching between the velour and the pleather.

In many of the photos taken by those who got the test sample (especially Edwood one), I noticed that the stitching is just unacceptable for a 900$ headphone.

May be that's why they delay the shipping (just speculation xD)...

And btw, hi head-fiers, this is my first post here, even though I spent lots of times reading this site. (Can't believe I read that STX thread for 3 times... Lol)

Huh? The stitching is fine, the two pads are completely symmetrical (including the stitching patterns) and there are no weaknesses in the stitching.

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #1,567 of 21,176
what pic are you using to judge the stitching?

It's a straight up 6.5mm-terminated cable, no adapter-ination, but no balanced.

Huh? The stitching is fine, the two pads are completely symmetrical (including the stitching patterns) and there are no weaknesses in the stitching.
you can see the irregularities in the stitching especially in Edwood photos, it's not fully circular. In Jerg photos you can see that the boundary between the two material is a bit off i guess. Even on head direct, you can spot the not so good/circular stitching there as well. Im just nickpicking since I'm quite concerned with the aesthetic of the phone, and nobody brought this up yet. :)

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #1,569 of 21,176
For the price of the Hifiman headphones, I am surprised after all this time they haven't come up with better quality pads, ala Oppo, (best pads I have ever had on my ears, both velour and leather)!

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #1,571 of 21,176
you can see the irregularities in the stitching especially in Edwood photos, it's not fully circular. In Jerg photos you can see that the boundary between the two material is a bit off i guess. Even on head direct, you can spot the not so good/circular stitching there as well. Im just nickpicking since I'm quite concerned with the aesthetic of the phone, and nobody brought this up yet.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's irregular because the pads are angled + the two materials are different (velour vs pleather), so naturally the stitching pattern shifts a bit from the thinner part of the pad to the thicker part. This is trivial nitpicking IMO.

The stitching patterns are symmetrical between Left and Right, like I said, so it's not like you'll get one side feeling different from the other when wearing the cans.

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #1,573 of 21,176
  For the price of the Hifiman headphones, I am surprised after all this time they haven't come up with better quality pads, ala Oppo, (best pads I have ever had on my ears, both velour and leather)!

I am sure you've read the first post where Jerg stated that the new hybrid velour-pleather pads are really good and comfy?
Not sure what you don't like about the pads, especially since you haven't really seen them yet 
tongue.gif

Nor did I 
frown.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #1,574 of 21,176
But the really nice Oppo PM-1 pads are now on my head, and past Hifiman pads is where I was referring!  Should have made that clear, I haven't seen the 560 pads!

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #1,575 of 21,176
  But the really nice Oppo PM-1 pads are now on my head, and past Hifiman pads is where I was referring!  Should have made that clear, I haven't seen the 560 pads!

Ah, gotcha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back