HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Jun 27, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #13,981 of 20,386

nope, just lurking around and just enjoying the view, yep WITH some popcorn
evil_smiley.gif
, as just came home from work and am listening to some sweet tunes on a certain amp with a certain headphone
gs1000.gif

but knowing u its about to get serious as ur starting to quote two posts into on...so entertainment is around the corner soon concerning this matter
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just be careful not to touch a large charged capacitor. 
eek.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #13,982 of 20,386
I bought the hd800 anax modded 2.0 from a code-x owner. It must be really good :)

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #13,984 of 20,386
  Are you saying that by simply listening you can determine that the amp outputs 3/4 of a watt?

not saying that at all, frankly dont see how you gleen that from anything i said (typed
redface.gif
)  The builder publishes the power output as 3/4 WPC not me

If I had no idea of the amps power rating I would think it higher power by virtue of comparison to other amps I have heard. I think the design is the trick here that allows the amp to do what it does

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #13,985 of 20,386
  not saying that at all, frankly dont see how you gleen that from anything i said (typed
redface.gif
)  The builder publishes the power output as 3/4 WPC not me

If I had no idea of the amps power rating I would think it higher power by virtue of comparison to other amps I have heard. I think the design is the trick here that allows the amp to do what it does

I must have misinterpreted from all of the talk about volume knob positions, etc. All I expect from an amp is clean power and a flat FR. IMO power above headroom is never used, thus of no consequence, good or bad.

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #13,986 of 20,386
Just be careful not to touch a large charged capacitor. :eek:

Be careful my friend with what ur saying...ur joke could prove real!
i actually do have to open up the cover of my amp (the powersupply case) so now and then to clean the sweating of the silicone used..according to the builder that will stop after a couple of months (even received special thingie to unscrew the special screws he uses)... 4 months now :wink:
And its still burning in...as sound keeps on improving! i found that weird..so i contacted the builder in canada and he answered..and i quote..because of the amount of capacitators ur PaG needs at least 500hrs burn in time..but probably lots more... So i do have to be carefull when i open up the cover to clean the syllicone residue sweating out on top..or else i maybe could get a nasty accident. :xf_eek:
But dont worry..i am careful.. :wink:

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #13,987 of 20,386
You get HD600's from the guy with wooden shoes and large capacitors? Then it must be good.

Nope not from me...i never owned a hd800... :D NOT YET :p
Ps. There are 19 other original code-x owners out there :D

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #13,988 of 20,386
Be careful my friend with what ur saying...ur joke could prove real!
i actually do have to open up the cover of my amp (the powersupply case) so now and then to clean the sweating of the silicone used..according to the builder that will stop after a couple of months (even received special thingie to unscrew the special screws he uses)... 4 months now
wink.gif

And its still burning in...as sound keeps on improving! i found that weird..so i contacted the builder in canada and he answered..and i quote..because of the amount of capacitators ur PaG needs at least 500hrs burn in time..but probably lots more... So i do have to be carefull when i open up the cover to clean the syllicone residue sweating out on top..or else i maybe could get a nasty accident.
redface.gif

But dont worry..i am careful..
wink.gif

I'll bet the voltage isn't enough to really zap you. By the way, does he spec the user burn in period?

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #13,989 of 20,386
Nope not from me...i never owned a hd800...
biggrin.gif
NOT YET
tongue.gif

Ps. There are 19 other original code-x owners out there
biggrin.gif

If you buy a pair of HD800's what do you have to get your wife as proper compensation? A pair of HE-500's? The price has recently come down.

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #13,990 of 20,386
If you buy a pair of HD800's what do you have to get your wife as proper compensation? A pair of HE-500's? The price has recently come down.

Thats my secret :D

Jun 27, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #13,992 of 20,386
I'll bet the voltage isn't enough to really zap you. By the way, does he spec the user burn in period?

As i said..i am only one and FIRST one having a headphone amp based on their NSL speaker amp..so he couldnt give me an exact number,,i am his guinie pig (my amp took so long as he tried new things on my amp he never did before). That amp (NSL) is said to take humongous amount of time to burn in... More then any other amp he made... He once told me that my amp needs around 6months user burnin time..thats about right..as i use my amp around 3-4 hrs a day since febr...and a quick calculation showed me it now has a burn in time of around 450hrs now... So 6months is about right..well as long the amp is improving i know its not burned in yet.

..last wednesday it soundsignature changed rather significally.... I hated eminem stuff (vinyl wav rip) on this amp a few months ago...sounded flat and the 'special effects' sounded fake..and the bass sounded fake also! but last wednesday my mouth fell on the floor when i heard 'his car' hitting the water, or the boot being slammed shut on same car (with his supposed girlfriend in it) on a certain track..So scary real!!! And Rain...as if ur feeling the rain....
And this all of a sudden!!! I also can listen to music on 21:00 oclock position now..until now i maxed out on 20:00 before it got to loud... Music is more liquid now..more real (dont know how to say it differently), especially on high quality live concerts with lots of instruments ....

Have to update my review about this..until now (after the first month ofcourse) the improvements were small..and to my ears only improved in soundstage and placement...

Damn... Cant wait to get it burned in completely... Hope to have my new custommade VENOM headphone cable and my two new custommade BC62 powercables also in august...and just got myself a new audio rack (present of my sweet ladies at home!) and some of the sexiest feet for under my amp components (check my profile for details..lolz) ..to show off the amp even more :D

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #13,993 of 20,386
How sweet, you're getting yourself her a new pair of HE-560's.

Nah... Dont think so..she hates to ruin her haircut... As i said..its my secret :D

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #13,994 of 20,386
As i said..i am only one and FIRST one having a headphone amp based on their NSL speaker amp..so he couldnt give me an exact number,,i am his guinie pig (my amp took so long as he tried new things on my amp he never did before). That amp (NSL) is said to take humongous amount of time to burn in... More then any other amp he made... He once told me that my amp needs around 6months user burnin time..thats about right..as i use my amp around 3-4 hrs a day since febr...and a quick calculation showed me it now has a burn in time of around 450hrs now... So 6months is about right..well as long the amp is improving i know its not burned in yet...last wednesday it soundsignature changed rather significally.... I hated eminem stuff (wav) on this amp a few months ago...sounded flat and the 'special effects' sounded fake..and the bass sounded fake also! but last wednesday my mouth fell on the floor when i heard 'his car' hitting the water, or the boot being slammed shut on same car (with his supposed girlfriend in it) on a certain track..So scary real!!! And Rain...as if ur feeling the rain....
And this all of a sudden!!! I also can listen to music on 21:00 oclock position now..until now i maxed out on 20:00 before it got to loud... Music is more liquid now..more real (dont know how to say it differently), especially on high quality live concerts with lots of instruments ....

Have to update my review about this..until now (after the first month ofcourse) the improvements were small..and to my ears only improved in soundstage and placement...

Damn... Cant wait to get it burned in completely... Hope to have my new custommade VENOM headphone cable and my two new custommade BC62 powercables also in august...and just got myself a new audio rack (present of my sweet ladies at home!) and some of the sexiest feet for under my amp components (check my profile for details..lolz) ..to show off the amp even more
biggrin.gif

Perhaps you've developed a taste for eminem? 
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #13,995 of 20,386
Perhaps you've developed a taste for eminem? :wink:

Nope..i already liked him...i absolutely loved eminem on my 337 i had! On this amp i skipped his tracks twice until now...thats how bad he siunded! up until wednesday! i was busy with work and had my headphone on..so couldnt skip it..and then that song started.... Well..lets say i put my work aside for an hour or so and listened to the tracks i had... Never experienced (or expected) such a huge change during any burn in time on any components i had as this... And believe me if i say it totally got me by surprise! The PaG was already the best i ever heard..but this... U have to hear it to believe it and then shake ur head puzzling how a headphone amp can sound like this.... I know its ofcourse partly because of the code-x it sounds how it sounds.... And u can see i on purpose dont mention cables etc. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back