HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Feb 11, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #11,881 of 20,386
i know what u mean..until now think i spend a fortune on rubber..
biggrin.gif

But wait a second..no huge belt-driven supercharger (love that whining sound!) also?..like those big block chevy's used in the past? U dissapoint me mr.! Just kidding!!!
biggrin.gif

Well i never ever owned a US car..my dad though has owned a couple of various models of modified V8 mustang cobras in the past..he even let one being painted in bright orange and black..i have the car lunatism from him my mum always says ..
wink.gif

For biological purposes or on the road?
Mine was black as I didn't want to unnecessarily attract the attention of the Man. Didn't help, I got my share of speeding tickets, until I learned to keep a better eye out for them. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #11,882 of 20,386
For biological purposes or on the road?
Mine was black as I didn't want to unnecessarily attract the attention of the Man. Didn't help, I got my share of speeding tickets, until I learned to keep a better eye out for them. :D  

Lolz..biological..
Ofcourse i meant road :D and yeah....in the past i was one if the blue guys favorite persons as they collected bigtime when they caught me driving a eenie weenie faster the allowed (really!! :veryevil: ) But i got smarter over the years.. :wink:

Well i still drive like a crazy man..(some say)... :D and i especially like the backroads..... :p

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #11,883 of 20,386
^ hifimanrookie, you are bad influence as always.  I would get slapped/punched if I asked my wife "...should we try the backroads?....". 
eek.gif

tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #11,885 of 20,386
^ hifimanrookie, you are bad influence as always.  I would get slapped/punched if I asked my wife "...should we try the backroads?....".  :eek:   :p :D

Who is the bad influence here now huh? :D
Ps...ur wife just needs to experience the satisfaction it gives when u go around corners..sliding into them and pulling out with full force..at first it sounds and feels scary but after the first slide..oops.. OR she will kick ur balls so hard that u wont be seating for weeks..thats also possible :D

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #11,886 of 20,386
  ^ hifimanrookie, you are bad influence as always.  I would get slapped/punched if I asked my wife "...should we try the backroads?....". 
eek.gif

tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

LMAO, good one
cool.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #11,887 of 20,386
  I'm running the HE-500 from a M-stage I just got and man, I LOVE it! I heard things in the midrange I had never heard before on familiar songs. No going back to IEMs after this!

Sweet pics!

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #11,889 of 20,386
i got to hear the he-6 and he-500 yesterday.  totally different headphones.  the he-6 through the ef6 was the best imaging of all the planars i heard and i like it alot.  almost sounded like a dynamic headphone.   too bad it wasn't airier and i do prefer a little close presentation but i applaud it.  the 500 to me..was cool. 
i was very surprised of the he-300.  lite, not sure if it's vshaped or if the extra body of the highs and lows just give it that effect.  it imaged much like the he-6. was smooth and detail wasn't bad.  artificial sounding often though but for $250 it's not a bad little headphone.
i wanted headphones because i didn't think i could get the sound quality i was after for my budget with speakers but right before i left i saw a speaker that grabbed my attention. i threw in my demo disc and almost started crying.  it was like the speaker was listening to my every thoughts when auditioning the headphones and then conformed itself. 
best part is the bookshelf was affordable.  after i get the new house finished i'm going to check my budget and pick them up or possibly save to get the towers

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #11,890 of 20,386
  i got to hear the he-6 and he-500 yesterday.  totally different headphones.  the he-6 through the ef6 was the best imaging of all the planars i heard and i like it alot.  almost sounded like a dynamic headphone.   too bad it wasn't airier and i do prefer a little close presentation but i applaud it.  the 500 to me..was cool. 
i was very surprised of the he-300.  lite, not sure if it's vshaped or if the extra body of the highs and lows just give it that effect.  it imaged much like the he-6. was smooth and detail wasn't bad.  artificial sounding often though but for $250 it's not a bad little headphone.
i wanted headphones because i didn't think i could get the sound quality i was after for my budget with speakers but right before i left i saw a speaker that grabbed my attention. i threw in my demo disc and almost started crying.  it was like the speaker was listening to my every thoughts when auditioning the headphones and then conformed itself. 
best part is the bookshelf was affordable.  after i get the new house finished i'm going to check my budget and pick them up or possibly save to get the towers

Yeah, speakers will do that to you haha...mind sharing what model?

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #11,891 of 20,386
I also decided to get a pair of bookshelves recently. So far I'm decided on the Arx A1b. Can't wait!

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #11,893 of 20,386
btw by affordable i didn't mean cheap lol.  i mean it was something i might be able to afford one day.  actually right now if my wife wasn't so flippin worried about getting the house done with our budget

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #11,894 of 20,386
Hey guys, I recently got a he-500 and it sounds amazing so far.  However, I had originally planned to get the he-400 and an amp but then ended up blowing my budget on the he-500, no regrets.  Can anyone recommend a decent amp for the he-500 under $200? preferably around 150.
I know such a cheap amp wouldn't show the full potential of the he-500 but an amp is better than no amp.  I am aiming to get a Lyr/modi or Lyr/Bifrost or something similar in the future

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #11,895 of 20,386
  Hey guys, I recently got a he-500 and it sounds amazing so far.  However, I had originally planned to get the he-400 and an amp but then ended up blowing my budget on the he-500, no regrets.  Can anyone recommend a decent amp for the he-500 under $200? preferably around 150.
I know such a cheap amp wouldn't show the full potential of the he-500 but an amp is better than no amp.  I am aiming to get a Lyr/modi or Lyr/Bifrost or something similar in the future

How about the highly praised and im sure you've heard of.. Emotiva mini-x? I'm using it and love it, Koiloco uses it and prefers it over tons of other amps over 2x the cost, and tons of other people love it. Why not give it a shot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back