HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Feb 10, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #11,851 of 20,386
Big lolz!!
Nope..its better built then that car so i doubt it would be included
biggrin.gif
i tried to ask them to include a Fisker..but to no avail... I didnt spend enough with them i am guessing
biggrin.gif

Now i think of it..its possible they used this kind of powersupply to power ' the back to the future delorean' to go through times
biggrin.gif

You could always use your new power supply to replace the steam engine in the train in Part III. You must be getting awfully itchy waiting for that moment to finally arrive when the doorbell rings and your amp arrives.

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #11,852 of 20,386
you must be getting awfully itchy waiting for that moment to finally arrive when the doorbell rings and your amp arrives.

Yep!!!!! :wink: i probably will get teperarely deaf the first day because of listening to loudly on the first day of delivery :D
And the dutch thieves..oops..i mean customs will smile even bigger as they will charge me for 35% extra on top over the total price of purchase +postage... :xf_eek:

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #11,853 of 20,386
Yep!!!!!
wink.gif
i probably will get teperarely deaf the first day because of listening to loudly on the first day of delivery
biggrin.gif

And the dutch thieves..oops..i mean customs will smile even bigger as they will charge me for 35% extra on top over the total price of purchase +postage...
redface.gif

Aren't you expecting another delivery?

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #11,854 of 20,386
Aren't you expecting another delivery?

What u mean? U know something i dont? :D
Well..the package will be huge! As i will also get all kinds of extras with this amp to make it sound even better :wink:

And when this package is in then my rig is complete..for now..as i am already thinking in upgrading my headphone cable for a balanced toxic cables Copper Venom RC-4.. Their TOTL copper cable (18AWG retangular solid copper wire) ..and my powercables for Blue Circle BC62 powercables..so everything in my rig is as good as it gets (for my budget ofcourse..lolz) :wink:

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #11,856 of 20,386
You should also make sure all your cables are properly suspended from the ground/desk and keep them around 0 Kelvin.

U must be kidding now...i guess.. :D
.but i found out there are some people who actually use some kind of feet so their speakercables doesnt touch the floor...u can buy those kind of feet....i wonder how that will look if u do that all around ur house and what a nightmare it will be when ur vacuuming around the house and they are not fixed to the cable or the floor...

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #11,857 of 20,386
U must be kidding now...i guess..
biggrin.gif

.but i found out there are some people who actually use some kind of feet so their speakercables doesnt touch the floor...u can buy those kind of feet....i wonder how that will look if u do that all around ur house and what a nightmare it will be when ur vacuuming around the house and they are not fixed to the cable or the floor...

Did you contact the power company to upgrade your service? You can probably use a 3 phase 200 Amp circuit. Don't forget the GFI's, for your safety. 
biggrin.gif
 As he waits, the excitement is setting in.

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #11,858 of 20,386

Oftopic: i got pics of the latest revision of my new amp...i dont have a clue what he put in the powersupply..its all in black....all secret stuff
wink.gif
he completely changed the powersupply as far i can see
biggrin.gif
. Soo the inside is done now..no alterations anymore..
tongue.gif

It Just passed the bench test this morning...its measured at 5,28watts into 50ohm..yep 5,28.. Not 5 not 6 but 5,28... I get a feeling this dude is a perfectionist..
wink.gif

5,28 watt..but at which distortion figueres..?  Seems very nice, though.

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #11,859 of 20,386
5,28 watt..but at which distortion figueres..?  Seems very nice, though.

Thanks..yep it doesnt look bad :D
Knowing his reputation and his stuff now and especially the bigger brother..the NSL of which it totally based on i guess it has low distortion levels...but to be honest..who cares...if it sounds good i dont mind..
Tube player are wellknow for having high distorsion levels..and we all know how good some can sound...and u also know that certain low distorsion amps (like the o2) dont even make a dent in a pack of butter compared to lots of high distorsion tube amps soundwise..

.so i dont care about distorions levels, as i know that if it really will sound as its bigger brother then i will be blown away..and seeing how its built and the big powersupply it tells me it can be very special..but one thing i know..Gilbert (owner of Bc) will never ever deliver an amp to a customer he doesnt like how it sounds...even if he has to start all over again..and thats a proven fact... So now he is finishing the amp up..doing some burnin i am guessing ..testing its durability..and building some extra thingies to make the amp even better sounding and more safer to use :p

StanD in the netherlands we have high quality electricity of 220-230v..and in my house i have a dedicated group with its own GFI's and that group only delivers current to the 2 wallsockets thats going to be used for my new amp..its totally seperated from the other 4groups i have..a friend of mine did that for me..he upgraded the electricity system in my house..he is a magician with those kind of things and i needed clean safe power for my biggest hobby..providing juice for running extreme pc's that i built from scratch :wink: and now this comes in handy for my new amp which DOESNT HAVE ANY POWERSWITCHES TO SWITCH IT OFF...it will be on 24-7!.as so the amp will sound on its best... :wink:

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #11,860 of 20,386
Thanks..yep it doesnt look bad
biggrin.gif

Knowing his reputation and his stuff now and especially the bigger brother..the NSL of which it totally based on i guess it has low distortion levels...but to be honest..who cares...if it sounds good i dont mind..
Tube player are wellknow for having high distorsion levels..and we all know how good some can sound...and u also know that certain low distorsion amps (like the o2) dont even make a dent in a pack of butter compared to lots of high distorsion tube amps soundwise..

.so i dont care about distorions levels, as i know that if it really will sound as its bigger brother then i will be blown away..and seeing how its built and the big powersupply it tells me it can be very special..but one thing i know..Gilbert (owner of Bc) will never ever deliver an amp to a customer he doesnt like how it sounds...even if he has to start all over again..and thats a proven fact... So now he is finishing the amp up..doing some burnin i am guessing ..testing its durability..and building some extra thingies to make the amp even better sounding and more safer to use
tongue.gif

@StanD in the netherlands we have high quality electricity of 220-230v..and in my house i have a dedicated group with its own GFI's and that group only delivers current to the 2 wallsockets thats going to be used for my new amp..its totally seperated from the other 4groups i have..a friend of mine did that for me..he upgraded the electricity system in my house..he is a magician with those kind of things and i needed clean safe power for my biggest hobby..providing juice for running extreme pc's that i built from scratch
wink.gif
and now this comes in handy for my new amp which DOESNT HAVE ANY POWERSWITCHES TO SWITCH IT OFF...it will be on 24-7!.as so the amp will sound on its best...
wink.gif

Tube amps lean towards even order harmonic distortion which has that warm sound. Odd order harmonic distortion would have an undesirable harsh sound. That's why a little bit of tube HD doesn't sound so bad and some people desire it.
Electric guitar players prefer tubes because when a SS amp overloads and clips you get a lopped off top and bottom, reminiscent of a square wave which has those odd order harmonics. So the guy with an electric guitar generally is looking for that warm buttery distortion. Some Metal guitar players prefer a buzzy sound where there are those odd order harmonics and then they scoop out the mids to emphasize the buzziness.

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #11,861 of 20,386
  Tube amps lean towards even order harmonic distortion which has that warm sound. Odd order harmonic distortion would have an undesirable harsh sound. That's why a little bit of tube HD doesn't sound so bad and some people desire it.
Electric guitar players prefer tubes because when a SS amp overloads and clips you get a lopped off top and bottom, reminiscent of a square wave which has those odd order harmonics. So the guy with an electric guitar generally is looking for that warm buttery distortion. Some Metal guitar players prefer a buzzy sound where there are those odd order harmonics and then they scoop out the mids to emphasize the buzziness.

thanks for explaining..didnt know that... well..learned a new thing again... ur never to old to learn
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #11,863 of 20,386
 Now you are ready to join a rock band and get some of your own groupies. 
tongue_smile.gif

yeah!!! now only to get a stratocaster (like meatloaf sang about) and i am ready to go
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #11,864 of 20,386
Feb 10, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #11,865 of 20,386

You can't have mine, I customized it myself. Or my other one either. 
mad.gif

dont worry i prefer black guitars:) so u should be safe
wink.gif

a beauty by the way..u customized it to this? wow!! impressed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back