HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Jul 9, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #6,091 of 20,386
Quote:
T1..nice headphones. I settle for He500 & hd600 for now. HE500 is fun headphone to me.. everything sound nice & happy. It can make me happy By the way i am using lyr + cca sieman 1960 ish tube+ benchmark dac1 to powered the he500 I haven't try with my E88cc gold plated siemans or ecc88 mullard (great britain) in the lyr i have the feeling E88cc gold plated siemans will sound best

oooh how r u liking the CCa's?

i really wanna get a pair for my T1/WA2. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #6,092 of 20,386
biggrin.gif

and people look at you in the metro

Alota,

yes, exactly, the cable I suppose is thick if it is 8 strands :-/

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #6,093 of 20,386
Just realised I dreamt about modulors cable at night. Highly recommended from memory! Surprisingly flexible..

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #6,096 of 20,386
Quote:

oooh how r u liking the CCa's?

i really wanna get a pair for my T1/WA2. 

The cca is the basically for " hifi sound"  set up.
It will add the sound depth separation & clarity  &  warmth &
In addition , the bass sound  more controlled .
Do i like it? 110% yes. 
[size=11.0pt]Does it bring the best out of my other headphone rig? 110% yes [/size]
Does it bring the best of  he500 + lyr  ? Dunno yet. i have yet to try some experiments

Having said that, the sound from he500  makes me smile

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #6,097 of 20,386
Quote:
Wow, how much did you pay for the 8 strands cable ?
from my reading in this forum it seems that 8 strands cable is not for mobile listening as it is quite heavy and inflexible.

dont forget..i have the 22awg version...it was first time toxic cables made a cable thick like this in 8 stranded version..its one of a kind..i was his test object....so i guess my price is also one of a kind..as i guess its very labor intensive..everything has to be done twice..so its not cheap...and so i dont know what price he would ask for it to others..i guess u have to ask them nicely
wink.gif

about flexibilty..its perfect...but yeah its heavy...but not thick...as u see on pics its like u have two cables on ur head instaed of one very thick one...but yeah its a bit heavy..but as being double cables..u can hide it under ur coat or something...but u can also get the 24awg version..or a 26 version of one of their silver cables...i didnt like silver on my rig..but i read others love the silver widow with their rig..so i guess its all personal and depending on the soundsignature of the rest of ur rig

as u can see on pic my amp is unbalanced..so i bought a VERY VERY thick adapter cable (BW and also 8 stranded and 22awg) from toxic from unbalanced to balanced (i bought balanced cable as my new amp will be balanced) also...and seeing that thickness...i guess i dont want that thickness on any cable from beginning to end..pulling at ur head and ur headphone..i dont even know if that thickness will fit inside the tiny connectors the hifiman heaphones have...
confused.gif

but as i said...my pics to give u an idea of the thickness and flexibilty of my new cable

What!!!....headfi.org says i don't have permissions to create attachments....
eek.gif
...whats up with this????? JUDE?????? anyone?????

thanks zoom25..ur the best 
wink.gif
 sorry for the swearing thingie 
biggrin.gif

so here it goes:

edit..big oops...selected to many pics...oh well..enjoy!  
biggrin.gif

ps...the cable on the backside going into the amp coming from my wonderfull hm602 is made from the standard toxic cables 22awg BW 4strands cable..to give u an idea how thick the other cables are on the front of my amp 
wink.gif

edit; sorry for the plastic bag on one of the pics....i use that to put my headphone in after use...as the velours really bugs me as being better in collecting dust then my vacuum cleaner when used! 
font]

Jul 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #6,098 of 20,386
Quote:
dont forget..i have the 22awg version...it was first time toxic cables made a cable thick like this in 8 stranded version..its one of a kind..i was his test object....so i guess my price is also one of a kind..as i guess its very labor intensive..everything has to be done twice..so its not cheap...and so i dont know what price he would ask for it to others..i guess u have to ask them nicely
wink.gif

about flexibilty..its perfect...but yeah its heavy...but not thick...as u see on pics its like u have two cables on ur head instaed of one very thick one...but yeah its a bit heavy..but as being double cables..u can hide it under ur coat or something...but u can also get the 24awg version..or a 26 version of one of their silver cables...i didnt like silver on my rig..but i read others love the silver widow with their rig..so i guess its all personal and depending on the soundsignature of the rest of ur rig

as u can see on pic my amp is unbalanced..so i used bought a VERY VERY thick adapter cable (BW and also 8 stranded and 22awg) from toxic also...and seeing that thickness...i guess i dont want that thickness on any cable from beginning to end..pulling at ur head and ur headphone..i dont even know if that thickness can be put inside the tiny connectors the hifiman heaphones has...
confused.gif

but as i said...my pics to give u an idea of the thickness and flexibilty of my new cable

What!!!....headfi.org says i don't have permissions to create attachments....
eek.gif
...whats up with this????? JUDE?????? anyone?????

LOL Same thing happened to me the first time. None of the normal users here can upload attachments, but we CAN upload pics. Look down two icons left to the attachment icon "Insert Image"

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #6,099 of 20,386
dual post..it was huge 
eek.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #6,100 of 20,386
Quote:

edit..big oops...selected to many pics...oh well..enjoy!  
biggrin.gif

ps...the cable on the backside going into the amp coming from my wonderfull hm602 is made from the standard toxic cables 22awg BW 4strands cable..to give u an idea how thick the other cables are on the front of my amp 
wink.gif

well...relaxing tuga!!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #6,101 of 20,386
Quote:
well...relaxing tuga!!!
biggrin.gif

yup yup...can u imagine how i enjoy listening to my he500 for hours on that comfy chair..tuga style...completamente relaxado com uma cervejinha de superbock fria na mao. 
biggrin.gif

and guys...this cable is so strong i guess i can use it as a strangling cord for anyone trying to steal my rig 
biggrin.gif
 oops...so its multifunctional...and so well worth the price 
wink.gif

another thing..as the cable is double u have to be carefull not to let it rest to long on ur nipples...as its a bit heavy...but i guess some would specially buy the cable for that then 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #6,102 of 20,386
Quote:
yup yup...can u imagine how i enjoy listening to my he500 for hours on that comfy chair..tuga style...completamente relaxado com uma cervejinha de superbock fria na mao. 
biggrin.gif

and guys...this cable is so strong i guess i can use it as a strangling cord for anyone trying to steal my rig 
biggrin.gif
 oops...so its multifunctional...and so well worth the price 
wink.gif

another thing..as the cable is double u have to be carefull not to let it rest to long on ur nipples...as its a bit heavy...but i guess some would specially buy the cable for that then 
very_evil_smiley.gif

if you have a cold superbock in the hand, i believe you
biggrin.gif

enjoy it!!!

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #6,103 of 20,386
My next upgrade could very well be a comfort-rig :D

Jul 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #6,105 of 20,386
Nice, you got the eye mask thing going on. I've noticed with low to no lighting, the listening experience is usually better. Less stimuli to deal with I suppose. For recliner purposes and far away stations, I suppose a long cable is needed. Currently have a 6 feet + 1 feet adapter silver cable with LCD-3 and the 8 feet stock cable for desk / side stand rig. Might as well get a 10-12 feet next time I order any cable. I'm a little over 6'2'' so the longer the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back