HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Apr 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #4,111 of 20,386
Quote:
What about asgard 2 for he500

Many people enjoy the asgard with satisfaction.  For me it wasn't even close to enough.  It's a big bottleneck to what the HE-500 is truly capable of.

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #4,112 of 20,386
Quote:

Many people enjoy the asgard with satisfaction.  For me it wasn't even close to enough.  It's a big bottleneck to what the HE-500 is truly capable of.

Its all about personal preferences and what ur expectations are from ur phone..and ur budget ofcourse..and.between us..am so happy i wont be having my 337 anymore next year...as damn..my life will be so much more peacefull on headfi then..
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #4,113 of 20,386
Quote:
So....by reading this thread I have learned that in order to make my HE-500 sound the best I need to chop up some pleather pads and use only the darkvoice 337 (but have to tube roll) hooked up with toxic cables. And after all that it still won't be as good as the HE-6 from an emotiva. 

That about right everybody?

LMFAOOO yea pretty much.

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #4,114 of 20,386
Quote:

LMFAOOO yea pretty much.

For all the unbelievers check this out
biggrin.gif

http://www.headfonia.com/lafigaro-339-my-fav-otl-amp/

its not nice to bash a product before having all the facts..

peace guys..

ps..next year i ofcourse will jump on the he6 wagon or the rumored hifiman  jade mk2, which is in the making...

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #4,115 of 20,386
Quote:
biggrin.gif

peace guys..

ps..next year i ofcourse will jump on the he6 wagon or the rumored hifiman  jade mk2, which is in the making...

The same headphonia that sang about the wonderful sound of the Denon D7100? 

http://www.headfonia.com/dual-denons-ah-d600-d7100/

Headphonia only says positive things about headphones, and they have a pish posh poor collection of reviewers.

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #4,116 of 20,386
Quote:

Headphonia only says positive things about headphones, and they have a pish posh poor collection of reviewers.

Didnt know that..the 7100 is not a good phone? oops..dont say that outloud or else a denon admiror could be offended 
biggrin.gif
but what they said about the 339 was true..i tried him out with the hd650..and really..it was heaven...the owner of the hd650 said the same thing..he owned a bottlehead crack at that time...now has wa2se...and u know how i think how it pairs with the he500..lolz...

Telecaster finds this amp also excellent..but as i said..am not defending the 337/339...i just dont like when people bash products without even listen to one...thats so wrong! Give it a try...and then u can critize it..like me..i really didnt like the he400...so i can be a bit negative about that phone.. I upgraded from a he300..but it was to agressive, to much in ur face sound..i sold it after 4 months and bought the he500...but ur not going to hear me talk bout a lcd2 or 3 or hd800..as i never listened to one..

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #4,117 of 20,386
Quote:
biggrin.gif

peace guys..

LMAOO I've never bashed on the 339, ever. Find me one post where I've said that the 339 or 337 isn't good. I haven't ever heard either of these product and thus NEVER made a comment on how that amp/amp pairing is.

If I recall correctly, you on the other hand have bashed products like the Emotiva mini, saying they are sub bar amps, without actually having heard it even once. Hypocrisy much?

P.S. I might consider a HE-6 as well later on when I get the funds for it or am completely bored out of mind with the HE-500.

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #4,118 of 20,386
Quote:

Agreed. I loved their Fiio reviews a while back. So I started following them and after a while some of their reviews seemed completely off and a bit too biased.

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #4,119 of 20,386
Quote:

LMAOO I've never bashed on the 339, ever. Find me one post where I've said that the 339 or 337 isn't good. I haven't ever heard either of these product and thus NEVER made a comment on how that amp/amp pairing is.

If I recall correctly, you on the other hand have bashed products like the Emotiva mini, saying they are sub bar amps, without actually having heard it even once. Hypocrisy much?

P.S. I might consider a HE-6 as well later on when I get the funds for it or am completely bored out of mind with the HE-500.

I said i couldnt believe it could bring the he500 to its limits of soundquality..personal opinion of mine..not bashing..but i also said i will be listening to one soon...to see whats all that about...remember that? .maybe i will buy one for my second rig for my study..i need a new affordable good amp for there..so i am considering one...
wink.gif

ps..was not referring to u when i talked bout bashing products..it was in general..my apologies it that was unclear mate.

Apr 4, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #4,120 of 20,386
Breaking in some new head phone cables these. http://www.charlestoncablecompany.com/hifiman2.html. I originally ordered 6ft of his midrange cable, but he was out of stock. So he provide me a free upgrade to his top of the line cable thanks again Christopher. They sound pretty damn good.

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #4,121 of 20,386
I just received my HE-500 yesterday (thanks TTVJ!). I left the pleathers and the silver cable on and played some tunes through my LD I+ and Lyr. I've never heard a silver cable before. Well, tonite I swapped the cable with the Canare from my HE-400 and took the pleathers off and put on my set of pads from a spare set of Beyer DT-990...........wow did things ever get warm and clear and comfy. Massive improvement. Beyer velour pads are the best I've worn. These phones are phenomenal, I can hardly wait to burn them in a bit (they have about 10 hours on them now).

What's more impressive is how the LD I+ drives them (800mW @ 32 ohms). With Mullard EF92, the audio is just beautiful. The Lyr obviously is outstanding. I am waiting on some tube upgrades, but the stock GE do not sound bad at all.

I have a Bitfrost coming soon, so I think it's end game time for me. Lyr/Bitfrost, HE-500, Denon AH-D5000, Grado PS500, Q701...

I have all the options I need and I'm getting burned out of all the tryout, now time to enjoy for a long while.

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #4,122 of 20,386
Quote:
I just received my HE-500 yesterday (thanks TTVJ!). I left the pleathers and the silver cable on and played some tunes through my LD I+ and Lyr. I've never heard a silver cable before. Well, tonite I swapped the cable with the Canare from my HE-400 and took the pleathers off and put on my set of pads from a spare set of Beyer DT-990...........wow did things ever get warm and clear and comfy. Massive improvement. Beyer velour pads are the best I've worn. These phones are phenomenal, I can hardly wait to burn them in a bit (they have about 10 hours on them now).

What's more impressive is how the LD I+ drives them (800mW @ 32 ohms). With Mullard EF92, the audio is just beautiful. The Lyr obviously is outstanding. I am waiting on some tube upgrades, but the stock GE do not sound bad at all.

I have a Bitfrost coming soon, so I think it's end game time for me. Lyr/Bitfrost, HE-500, Denon AH-D5000, Grado PS500, Q701...

I have all the options I need and I'm getting burned out of all the tryout, now time to enjoy for a long while.

Enjoy your HE-500s!  Once I got them properly amped, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  Listening to female vocals (especially when not reverbed into oblivion) sounds like getting a personal performance from the vocalist - it just sends chills up my spine.  I've been listening to the band BOY and their new album on Spotify and it's just.....wow.

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #4,123 of 20,386
Enjoy your HE-500s!  Once I got them properly amped, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  Listening to female vocals (especially when not reverbed into oblivion) sounds like getting a personal performance from the vocalist - it just sends chills up my spine.  I've been listening to the band BOY and their new album on Spotify and it's just.....wow.

Thanks, I agree..........there is a lot to be said about rediscovering the subtle details in music when you get a combination of equipment that is a good fit for your ears. I don't regret any of my purchasing path in audio (although I've not always made a great decision).

The HE-500 will give me many jaw dropping moments, just as my HE-400 and D5K have. I'm glad I finally got a chance to hear a silver cable, and glad to learn that a good piece of copper is all I need.

Enjoy your HE's as well sir!

Apr 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #4,124 of 20,386
Quote:
The HE-500 will give me many jaw dropping moments, just as my HE-400 and D5K have. I'm glad I finally got a chance to hear a silver cable, and glad to learn that a good piece of copper is all I need.

Enjoy your HE's as well sir!

Enjoy your new headphones! Tastes differ obviously. It is funny. I have had the original HE-5LE copper cable and a CablePro Reverie, which surely sounds better to me, but pure copper doesn't give me the right signature. Actually, I prefer the open transparent sound of the stock SPC cable.

Apr 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #4,125 of 20,386

It seems that I would be getting a he500 than the LCD2, it's not just because of the quality of music they can both play, but also the price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back