HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Oct 31, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #14,986 of 20,386
I just received the HE-500. I am flabbergasted. My gast has never been so flabbered. <<{°!°}>> Music. Just music. 

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #14,987 of 20,386
  ok i ordered he500 from head-direct
i cant wait for it!

I just received the HE-500. I am flabbergasted. My gast has never been so flabbered. <<{°!°}>> Music. Just music. 

Congrats and welcome! I was also floored the first time I heard mine lol

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #14,988 of 20,386
One question, is it better to buy a neutrik 3.5 mm jack because i can use an adapter if i want 6.3mm, is that correct?
http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=79

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #14,989 of 20,386
Oct 31, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #14,991 of 20,386
Alright,

bought the 1,25m balanced, 6.3mm Hifiman HE Cable.

I'm really curious if these extra money spent on this cable will make a difference to cheaper ones, they say it does, so we'll see. Honestly i don't have any expectations in this regard.

anyway thank you guys for helping me out to decide.

Edit: damn i just realized i bought a cable for 80 bucks
confused_face.gif
i hope it's worth it at least in some kind of way, lol.

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #14,992 of 20,386
Alright,

bought the 1,25m balanced, 6.3mm Hifiman HE Cable.

I'm really curious if these extra money spent on this cable will make a difference to cheaper ones, they say it does, so we'll see. Honestly i don't have any expectations in this regard.

anyway thank you guys for helping me out to decide.

Edit: damn i just realized i bought a cable for 80 bucks :confused_face: i hope it's worth it at least in some kind of way, lol.

80bucks? Well..better not know what i paid for my latest headphone cable aquisition, as u then would probably faint :D

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #14,993 of 20,386
80bucks? Well..better not know what i paid for my latest headphone cable aquisition, as u then would probably faint
biggrin.gif

While you know it pains me deeply to agree with you... 
wink.gif
 ... you're right, of course.  $80 for a cable you didn't make yourself is pretty inexpensive (hopefully not cheap) in Head-Fi Land.

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #14,994 of 20,386
80bucks? Well..better not know what i paid for my latest headphone cable aquisition, as u then would probably faint
biggrin.gif

Ehm, sorry my english isn't the best does that mean you paid more or less? I suppose more, right?

Actually it's not that bad because i've decided to sent my broken cable back to the shop where i bought them and receive probably a new one because i still have guarantee then i sell the repaired cable and keep the one i ordered today.
To be exact the cable cost me 86 Euros with shipping and such (107 dollar)

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #14,995 of 20,386
  Ehm, sorry my english isn't the best does that mean you paid more or less? I suppose more, right?

Actually it's not that bad because i've decided to sent my broken cable back to the shop where i bought them and receive probably a new one because i still have guarantee then i sell the repaired cable and keep the one i ordered today.

boatload more.  More than a lot of cans run.

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #14,997 of 20,386
  OK, seems like i'm not quite there yet.
etysmile.gif

Don't swallow the Blue Pill!  Save your cash for real upgrades.  Best thing is to learn to solder.

Flame on, flaming flamers 
tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #14,998 of 20,386

No worries..my english is not good also :p

Let me refrase (say) it differently:
I guess u dont faint (fall on the floor) if its costs less the ur 86euros... :wink: so yeah..its a eeny weeny more expensive :veryevil:

And thurstonX... WT..beeeeeep....stop that! Agreeing with me? What will others think about that..WW3 will break out... So pls..act normal okay!! :veryevil: but for this once we can keep it under control..and i deephearted forgive u...but dont loose it again... :p

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #14,999 of 20,386
Let me say it differently:
I guess u dont fall faint (fall on the floor) if its costs less the ur 86euros...
wink.gif
so yeah..its a eeny weeny more expensive
very_evil_smiley.gif

Tell him how much your amp cost 
evil_smiley.gif
  Hell, tell me!
tongue.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #15,000 of 20,386

OK, seems like i'm not quite there yet.
etysmile.gif

Don't swallow the Blue Pill!  Save your cash for real upgrades.  Best thing is to learn to solder.

Flame on, flaming flamers 
tongue.gif

Yup. Learn to solder yourself. Make a cable for $12 using a line of mogami and a 1/4" neutrik connector. Do a blind comparison to the really expensive cables. Take the hundreds you save on a better amplifier, DAC or getting high quality music. That money will go a lot farther in those three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back