HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Oct 31, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #15,001 of 20,386
Don't swallow the Blue Pill!  Save your cash for real upgrades.  Best thing is to learn to solder.

Flame on, flaming flamers :p  

Like karate kid:
Flame on, flame off, flame on, flame off and repeat a milion times :veryevil:

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #15,002 of 20,386
Mogami you say? have to look it up.
Thats cool because i am able to solder, maybe not like a pro but i could manage it somehow.

To each his own though, other people spend their earned money on vacation and travelling, i like to spend it on Audio stuff.

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #15,003 of 20,386
Tell him how much your amp cost :evil:   Hell, tell me! :p
Tell him how much your amp cost :evil:   Hell, tell me! :p
hint....ur heaphones and a eeny weeny bit more... :D If u really wanna know what my rig is worth i will pm it to u...i dont like to talk about prices in the open..i think its unrespectful to others if u do that. :xf_eek:

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #15,004 of 20,386
Thats cool because i am able to solder, maybe not like a pro but i could manage it somehow.

To each his own though, other people spent their earned money on vacation and travelling, i like to spent it on Audio stuff.
and others spend it on women or cars...hehehehe :veryevil: noooooo not me... I am one of the good ones.. :cool:

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #15,005 of 20,386

To each his own though, other people spend their earned money on vacation and travelling, i like to spend it on Audio stuff.

Well I can't disagree with you. I've definitely spent tens of thousands in audio swapping headphones, dacs and amps. But spend money wisely and where it counts in the Audio realm. There are unfortunately lots of businesses out there that will prey on new audiophiles and gouge them. 

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #15,006 of 20,386
hint....ur heaphones and a eeny weeny bit more...
biggrin.gif
If u really wanna know what my rig is worth i will pm it to u...i dont like to talk about prices in the open..i think its unrespectful to others if u do that.
redface.gif

I know, I was just pokin' ya.  I wouldn't expect you to reveal it.

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #15,007 of 20,386
Well I can't disagree with you. I've definitely spent tens of thousands in audio swapping headphones, dacs and amps. But spend money wisely and where it counts in the Audio realm. There are unfortunately lots of businesses out there that will prey on new audiophiles and gouge them. 

+1 i agree...invest wisely..and always have priorities!!! Dont do as a friend of mine did...spend all his money on his favorite hobby and one month he came short to buy food and had to ask money from me...his girlfriend almost killed him when he had to confess where the money went to!! well..he learned his lesson..now he does as i do..puttting a few hundreds of euros a month aside on his paypal account to spend on his hobby (his r32 skyline with a single turbo conversion..a beast!!!)..and control his urges :tongue:
And doin that u can also hide it from ur ever checking wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/parents who normally will never accept that u spend a 'certain' amount of money on ur hobby..i always say i bought it second hand..or even better...exchanged it for something else with somebody else... And as long i keep my lady and her mini mi (damn she is only 12 and is already a better detective then her mums).. But until now i keep them both happy and i dont make an issue of what they buy for themselves.....yep..in their eyes i am close to a perfect husband and dad...very easygoing... Omg now i think of it...i go to hell :deadhorse:

And yep..there are sharks out there who earn fortunes on people who are newbies...regretfully..to avoid that..google, check headfi... Learn about alternatives...listen to real life experiences.....etc. Etc. I for instance NEVER EVER go the way most people go...and until now it fit me well....but in beginning i did my homework rigourously when i wanted to buy something audiowise..u can only spend ur hardearned money once...no matter how much u have of it..no one like to flush it down the drain...
Have fun in this wonderful world of audio...dont be shy to ask questions.... :wink:

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #15,008 of 20,386

I was pretty much a noob and made cables that I'd take over the stock HFM or the expensive (to me) plusSounds I just unloaded.  Just don't let @StanD make a business out of it for you
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #15,009 of 20,386

Yup. Learn to solder yourself. Make a cable for $12 using a line of mogami and a 1/4" neutrik connector. Do a blind comparison to the really expensive cables. Take the hundreds you save on a better amplifier, DAC or getting high quality music. That money will go a lot farther in those three.

Check out Robrob's guide http://www.head-fi.org/t/678958/he-500-balanced-cable-from-canare-star-quad-cable 

@elwappo99 - How does one get "Master Blower" in their title? 
basshead.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #15,010 of 20,386
hint....ur heaphones and a eeny weeny bit more...
biggrin.gif
If u really wanna know what my rig is worth i will pm it to u...i dont like to talk about prices in the open..i think its unrespectful to others if u do that.
redface.gif

Would this be a reference to the modified BC speaker amp with 200 chained opamps and leading contributor to global warming?  
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #15,011 of 20,386
Would this be a reference to the modified BC speaker amp with 200 chained opamps and leading contributor to global warming?  :wink:
:D

Hey thurstonX. I hope u didnt break anything :veryevil:

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #15,012 of 20,386

Check out Robrob's guide http://www.head-fi.org/t/678958/he-500-balanced-cable-from-canare-star-quad-cable 

@elwappo99 - How does one get "Master Blower" in their title? 
basshead.gif

I think after some meet we were talking about custom titles with Jude. In the impressions thread someone said they had no idea how to get a custom title, and I jokingly said something like "I think you have blow someone's cans before you get one". 

I guess someone got a chuckle out of it. 
confused.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #15,013 of 20,386

I think after some meet we were talking about custom titles with Jude. In the impressions thread someone said they had no idea how to get a custom title, and I jokingly said something like "I think you have blow someone's cans before you get one". 

I guess someone got a chuckle out of it. 
confused.gif

LOL. Always be careful what you ask for - you just might get it! 
tongue.gif

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #15,015 of 20,386

Users who are viewing this thread

Back