Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion
Nov 22, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #5,476 of 14,386
  Woah, 60 day return policy? I've heard good things about RazorDog, though never bought anything myself. 10% restocking fee is a bummer, though 
frown.gif

10% restocking fee would be exactly $30, which doesn't sound to bad to try a normally $500 headphone out for 2 months.  Hopefully none of us would want to return them, but just in case.

I'm going to try contacting them to see if they are sending out the newer model or not.

Nov 22, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #5,477 of 14,386

10% restocking fee would be exactly $30, which doesn't sound to bad to try a normally $500 headphone out for 2 months.  Hopefully none of us would want to return them, but just in case.

I'm going to try contacting them to see if they are sending out the newer model or not.

Sounds good! I think the buyer has to pay the shipping costs back too, but if you could ask them, that would be fantastic.

Nov 22, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #5,479 of 14,386

Huh, I've never bought anything from them before, but I like that 60 day return policy.  Has anyone had experience buying from them before?

EDIT:  Thanks @bwcgrx  they seem like a cool site.  Not sure if I'll buy from them or from Hifiman directly though.  I do want the newer revision with the new connectors.

Brian Larson at Razordog took care of me when I had a issue with a set of cans I purchased earlier this year.  I've only made the one purchase however shipment was same day and the headphones arrived 2 days later.  When I had to return them due to a defect I received a replacement pair within days of sending the original pair back.

Razordog is HiFiMAN authorized too.

Nov 22, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #5,482 of 14,386
  I tried calling the number but the call "couldn't be completed", whatever that means.  I just sent them an email.

I think Razordog is more or less a one man operation.  The phone is answered during normal business hours M-F, I'm surprised that you did not get some sort of after hours message.  Hopefully it is just a temporary phone company issue.

Nov 22, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #5,483 of 14,386

I think Razordog is more or less a one man operation.  The phone is answered during normal business hours M-F, I'm surprised that you did not get some sort of after hours message.  Hopefully it is just a temporary phone company issue.

They've got a lot of good open box deals.  I'm gonna have to keep my eye on them for future purchases.

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #5,484 of 14,386
Getting the new connectors is not a deal-breaker for me, although it'd be nice. Don't know if I want to wait for Hifiman to update their site. Decisions...

Edit: Screw it, purchased from Razor Dog. The 60-day return policy and free Priority shipping won me over. Don't care about the restock fee. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #5,487 of 14,386
  Well, once you're here... is the HE-400i the newer model (with the newer connectors)? And also, besides for the 10% restocking fee, does the buyer also pay return shipping? Thanks for your help!

Everything is the newer model with new connections. Restocking fee is 10%, with 60 day returns. Buyer pays return shipping unless known defect. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #5,489 of 14,386
It's live on the main site as well: http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/headphones/he-400i.html

I'd recommend supporting Razor Dog though - good policies, communication, and confirmed new connectors. Plus free Priority shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back