Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Mar 22, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #2,701 of 3,091
Wow, 180 pages of the 560/400i Appreciation thread is a lot to read through.

Can someone point me to where the discussion of modding for improved sound starts?

What?!? No one's tried it yet? :D

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #2,702 of 3,091

Can someone point me to where the discussion of modding for improved sound starts?

What?!? No one's tried it yet?
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #2,703 of 3,091

What?!? No one's tried it yet?
biggrin.gif

I modded mine by putting earplugs in my ears. They are much quieter now with a blacker background.

But then I like imaginary headphones because they reproduce silence so well. I am always disappointed when I get the real headphones because they all seem to make a lot of noise. But then I mod them further by cutting off the cord. They get really quiet again.

Mar 22, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #2,706 of 3,091
  For anyone in the US thinking of using their tax refund for new HFMs, I'll refer you to your POTUS...

do you have your PRIORITIES straight?!!?

I think you might have to provide proof of coverage under the ACA in order to purchase new cans 
tongue.gif

Do not get me started on that topic!  
blink.gif

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #2,708 of 3,091
Any news of hd560 ? Better than he6 or not?

I do not have a pair of HE6, but here are my initial impressions of my imaginary pair of HE560s:

Build: These are very well constructed and they seem like they will hold up well. In fact I accidentally ran over my imaginary pair with my car and they were completely unharmed.

Comfort: These are by far the lightest and most comfortable headphones I have ever worn. I know it is a cliche, but I truly sometimes forget I am wearing them. I just went for a haircut and did not realize I was still wearing them until I was leaving the barber shop.

Isolation: These do not isolate at all, so they work best in a very quiet setting. As mentioned in my previous post, I find wearing earplugs really helps with the isolation of these. Strangely though they also do not leak sound at all. I turned my headphone amp up all of the way, and my wife who was 3 feet away could not hear any music either.

Sound: While I have only had time to imagine wearing these headphones for a couple of minutes in total, I can already tell they sound better than any other imaginary headphone I have ever dreamed about. However, they do have some unique qualities: Bass is a 0/10 as these are completely bass lite headphones. Mids are also 0/10 as there is a big suckout in the mids. Vocals especially sound like the singer is quite far away....almost as if they are in a completely different building from me. But the highs are where the sound of these really disappear, so I would have to give the highs a -1/10.

Conclusion: These imaginary HE560s are the most transparent window into the background sounds of my environment I have ever experienced. They completely wipe the floor with my imaginary HD800s and I swear they sound almost identical to my friend's imaginary SR-009s.  If you like a very quiet, non-intrusive headphone experience completely devoid of any distracting musical artifacts, then I would suggest you start imagining you are wearing a pair right away. I can only say my imaginary headphone journey is now definitely over, as I can't imagine imagining anything better than these non-existent headphones...... well at least until Hifiman announces the replacement for the HE6 so I can then start imagining those.

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #2,709 of 3,091
I do not have a pair of HE6, but here are my initial impressions of my imaginary pair of HE560s:

Build: These are very well constructed and they seem like they will hold up well. In fact I accidentally ran over my imaginary pair with my car and they were completely unharmed.

Comfort: These are by far the lightest and most comfortable headphones I have ever worn. I know it is a cliche, but I truly sometimes forget I am wearing them. I just went for a haircut and did not realize I was still wearing them until I was leaving the barber shop.

Isolation: These do not isolate at all, so they work best in a very quiet setting. As mentioned in my previous post, I find wearing earplugs really helps with the isolation of these. Strangely though they also do not leak sound at all. I turned my headphone amp up all of the way, and my wife who was 3 feet away could not hear any music either.

Sound: While I have only had time to imagine wearing these headphones for a couple of minutes in total, I can already tell they sound better than any other imaginary headphone I have ever dreamed about. However, they do have some unique qualities: Bass is a 0/10 as these are completely bass lite headphones. Mids are also 0/10 as there is a big suckout in the mids. Vocals especially sound like the singer is quite far away....almost as if they are in a completely different building from me. But the highs are where the sound of these really disappear, so I would have to give the highs a -1/10.

Conclusion: These imaginary HE560s are the most transparent window into the background sounds of my environment I have ever experienced. They completely wipe the floor with my imaginary HD800s and I swear they sound almost identical to my friend's imaginary SR-009s.  If you like a very quiet, non-intrusive headphone experience completely devoid of any distracting musical artifacts, then I would suggest you start imagining you are wearing a pair right away. I can only say my imaginary headphone journey is now definitely over, as I can't imagine imagining anything better than these non-existent headphones...... well at least until Hifiman announces the replacement for the HE6 so I can then start imagining those.

Thanks for reply.Sound like a very worth headphones.I Am considering sell my HE 6.:cool:

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #2,710 of 3,091

Someone asked for a photo of my imaginary HE560s so here is one:

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #2,711 of 3,091

Nice, review! I can tell these are the cans for me.

Gonna order me a set right now...

Wait... Just checked my inventory and found out I already have a pair!

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #2,712 of 3,091
Mar 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #2,713 of 3,091
Mar 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #2,715 of 3,091
You really managed to capture their beauty quite well. I'd be interested in seeing some pictures with them next to some sexy glowing tubes. Something I could use as my tablets background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back