Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Mar 22, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #2,716 of 3,091
Also you should very careful having that kind of lighting on them for to long. The new diaphragm is crazy thin. You wouldn't want to warp it due to heat

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #2,717 of 3,091
Thanks for reply.Sound like a very worth headphones.I Am considering sell my HE 6.
cool.gif

I am definitely selling all of my other imaginary headphones. In case you are interested, just take a look at my profile and make me an offer on anything that is not listed.

Mar 22, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #2,719 of 3,091
Those look more like ear speakers. What's with the direct horizontal plug-in? I do have to say this pads look super comfy and massive! All that space between you and the driver = soundstage, imaging, and depth!

They are noticeably bright headphones though, you can just see it. Probably best paired with a warm source. Can't believe they completely got rid of a headband and just put floor stands?! Kinda silly they went with single magnets and a lighter package.
Someone asked for a photo of my imaginary HE560s so here is one:

Mar 22, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #2,720 of 3,091
Okay, the last few posts were worth the wait.  Nicely done
regular_smile .gif

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #2,721 of 3,091
Someone asked for a photo of my imaginary HE560s so here is one:

Hmm yes I just tried those imaginary he560 and I have to say they are quite impressive...

So much so, They also distracted me from figuring out the release date,
So, if neeeded, I ended up using this, it seems to work:
k

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #2,722 of 3,091
Those look more like ear speakers. What's with the direct horizontal plug-in? I do have to say this pads look super comfy and massive! All that space between you and the driver = soundstage, imaging, and depth!

They are noticeably bright headphones though, you can just see it. Probably best paired with a warm source. Can't believe they completely got rid of a headband and just put floor stands?! Kinda silly they went with single magnets and a lighter package.

I am not joking: I have sometimes thought about this. If I was an audio engineer with some skills, I would try making a pair of personal speakers that were halfway between headphones and speakers, only maybe closer to speakers, but still coupled to the side of the head or somehow blocked off from the surroundings. As long as there was a stand holding them up, you could get carried away with their size, and yet still have an enclosure that was larger than even the TakeT's. With enough of an enclosure, you could create a very controlled acoustic chamber with realistic soundstage.

I don't know...maybe something along these lines:

Why would anyone want this? My main reason for listening to headphones is because my wife does not like the same music as me, so I want to have the sound isolation of completely personal listening. And since I can't afford a sound-proofed dedicated listening room, I am therefore stuck with the inherent limitations of headphone sound. Why not something in between the two extremes?

Anyone out there who can create my dream?

Sorry for hijacking this thread....but it does help pass the time until the HE560 is released
rolleyes.gif

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #2,724 of 3,091

I am not joking: I have sometimes thought about this. If I was an audio engineer with some skills, I would try making a pair of personal speakers that were halfway between headphones and speakers, only maybe closer to speakers, but still coupled to the side of the head or somehow blocked off from the surroundings. As long as there was a stand holding them up, you could get carried away with their size, and yet still have an enclosure that was larger than even the TakeT's. With enough of an enclosure, you could create a very controlled acoustic chamber with realistic soundstage.

Why would anyone want this? My main reason for listening to headphones is because my wife does not like the same music as me, so I want to have the sound isolation of completely personal listening. And since I can't afford a sound-proofed dedicated listening room, I am therefore stuck with the inherent limitations of headphone sound. Why not something in between the two extremes?

Sorry for hijacking this thread....but it does help pass the time until the HE560 is released
rolleyes.gif

Flashback to the 70's

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #2,725 of 3,091
^I was thinking speakers attached to a wreath/crown/collar or some other contraption, perhaps for surround or something?

On another note, anyone tried the imaginary HEX from Hifiman? It is said to have a diaphragm lighter than air, so you must store it in one of these, at all times filled with helium:

It is a little bright and nasal, but it sounds soooo good.

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #2,727 of 3,091

rolleyes.gif

This is about as close as it's come.

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #2,730 of 3,091
If you want more speaker then headphone then you'd need more space from the ear to get the depth and a near perfect frequency response so multiple drivers or a coaxial design would be needed which would also involve crossovers. I suggest just getting a car with a decent sound system and a big sun roof or moon roof and just go for a drive. My car has a premium sound system and I love listening to music in it. More so than my towers at home sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back