Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Feb 21, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #1,966 of 3,091
I agree with you.
But we have to admit that the he400 and HE500 though great headphones, had some (irrelevant or not, depends on the user) little errors.
They are REALLY good for their "first" try (I know this is not the first, but in that price range and with these qualities).

Everything seemed to point that the next iterations could blown us just away: if we get sound signature of the HE500 with HE400 bass, in a package 35% (roughly) lighter than the HE500 at a price tag of the HE400...     W O W

I would absolutely LOVE to listen to them, but no way here, and still, I would need to get the DAC I would use and the headphone amp also, ...
There is nothing to listen to here.

I just listened to magnepans and martinlogans. I loved them.
I want to try orthodynamics (the ML needs a subwoofer coupled in the price range i looked at and sometimes it is dodgy or tricky to set it up) as a headphone cause I loved the sound of orthos. Though I guess it s not comparable. 
Still: I want to try orthos.

The price tag and the reviews are limiting terrifically my criteria. Right now i only have a poor crappy headset+mic to listen to my music. It is just awful. 

I sold my AKG K701 months ago, was not plenty stunned by the sound. Caution: No headphone amp though!!! And no budget for it, then I had no longer any reason to have headphones (changed my job and definitely no time left, then my first baby came!!!!)...
I d like to go orthodynamic.

First saw the thunderpants, but no way to get them, and my budget won't allow me to go Audeze neither anything else.
Reviews are ALL great or awesome, there are only minor defaults, like weight sometimes, like some resonance in the rev1 of the HE400.

The more I read, the more I wanted to listen to them (very very difficult to be in the same conditions as in my listening room).
And as my budget is REALLY struggling now, I must be more cautious: that led me to see that the next iteration of the HE-400 and HE-500 could be indeed amazing; there is a high probability that those minor defaults will be corrected, and that will be great, awesome, or absolutely wonderful. I am very confident about this.

Sure, it would be great to be able to listen to these. I can't.

Thanks guys for reading and for your advice.

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #1,969 of 3,091

Rudiger, thanks for that link!!!
Do they ship to France? Or are they in France? (seems they aren't, prices are in dollars)
 They already have the HE560 in their catalog! :) 

Thank you, really.

Much appreciated.

Il n'y a pas de quoi :wink: Êtes-vous français comme moi ?
Yes, they ship in France no problem but they are localized in US (Boston).
PM me if you if you want details.

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #1,970 of 3,091
You can also order directly from head-direct.com
I am located in EU and can easily recommend them :]

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #1,971 of 3,091
  I'm looking for the pre-order daily...

popcorn.gif

It's coming...:wink:

It has been decided that we will do a pre-order for the HE-560 as soon as we know for sure when exactly we will be able to ship them. 

The driver has just gone through a very lengthy stress test, and the results were great.

Actually what's holding up the HE-560 is the new cable. We just finalized a new cable design for HE-560. It's a blend of silver and copper tuned specifically to complement HE-560. We have compared this new cable extensively against cables from other hi-end cable manufactures. It hold its own very well and better in some cases. The best part is this cable will come standard with HE-560. :wink:

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Feb 21, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #1,972 of 3,091

Exciting stuff! Any news on the HE-400i? Latest news was that it's still being tweaked. Do you think it may come after the HE-560?

HE-400i will come one or two months after HE-560. We are not sure yet. The driver is being tweak very heavily. We want to make it sound better directly out of a mobile phone without an external amp. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Feb 21, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #1,973 of 3,091

HE-400i will come one or two months after HE-560. We are not sure yet. The driver is being tweak very heavily. We want to make it sound better directly out of a mobile phone without an external amp. 

WOW Thats good to hear,

You know AKG did that with the K812 tuning their headphones to work best without an amp, it's nice to hear that hifiman is going in that direction with their entry level ortho! 

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #1,974 of 3,091

It has been decided that we will do a pre-order for the HE-560 as soon as we know for sure when exactly we will be able to ship them. 

The driver has just gone through a very lengthy stress test, and the results were great.

Actually what's holding up the HE-560 is the new cable. We just finalized a new cable design for HE-560. It's a blend of silver and copper tuned specifically to complement HE-560. We have compared this new cable extensively against cables from other hi-end cable manufactures. It hold its own very well and better in some cases. The best part is this cable will come standard with HE-560. :wink:

That's all very exciting news!
Especially the cable part, we are all very much looking forward to it :]

If the HE-400i, comes a month or two later, then it is decided for me :D

The efficiency being increased is great news too. How's the 560 in terms of efficiency?

Thank you and keep up the great work guys.
I'll be just waiting for that 560 pre-order now 
popcorn.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #1,975 of 3,091

Don't tweak it too much! I'm going to miss excitedly reading about different driver iterations if you hit your mark the first time :wink:

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #1,977 of 3,091
Nice, but even Hifiman as company believe in and test cables for the best sound. Hmm...

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #1,978 of 3,091
Nice, but even Hifiman as company believe in and test cables for the best sound. Hmm...
Ikr?... That has me questioning their hearing hahaha

Probably just trying to satisfy the believers.

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #1,979 of 3,091

Good news about the efficiency, yet slightly disappointing that it's still a ways off...

Hopefully that cable comes with the HE-400i too, or at least a redesigned one. The current one is really stiff.

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #1,980 of 3,091

Another great news! Bye-bye microphonics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back