Hifiman He-400 or He-500?
Jul 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #121 of 510
^^ lol. 
size]
 That's almost exactly as it happened except that  you left out the part where I had to punch an elderly person in the kidney to cut in front at the Stax station. jk...

Seriously, never ever listen to a Stax setup. You'll be ruined for life. 

Jul 29, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #122 of 510
Quote:
^^ lol. 
size]
 That's almost exactly as it happened except that  you left out the part where I had to punch an elderly person in the kidney to cut in front at the Stax station. jk...

Seriously, never ever listen to a Stax setup. You'll be ruined for life. 

It's been a REALLY long time, I may NOT want to go to a meet! It will ruin me!

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #124 of 510
This is so entertaining lol. I know I will always wonder if I should have gone for the he400 or lcd2.

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #125 of 510
Quote:
This is so entertaining lol. I know I will always wonder if I should have gone for the he400 or lcd2.

The piece of paper says:

"Now that you bought the HE500, don't look backward (he400), but look at today (HE500) or look toward the future (whatever it is you see your next headphone to be) and be prepared for a dangerous and exciting road ahead (strap some cash sir) "

that's the fortune cookie I opened up for you
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #126 of 510
The piece of paper says:

"Now that you bought the HE500, don't look backward (he400), but look at today (HE500) or look toward the future (whatever it is you see your next headphone to be) and be prepared for a dangerous and exciting road ahead (strap some cash sir) "

that's the fortune cookie I opened up for you :evil:
Lmao, thanks for that! :D

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #127 of 510
Quote:
Lmao, thanks for that!
biggrin.gif

Yes! Now you must add a serious amp/dac to power your HE-500 and then look into adding the LCD-2 to your collection. As you progress you'll keep justifying the spending somehow. And keep upgrading amps/dacs/headphones and when you finally get to a meet you'll be the guy punching the old man in the gut so you can have your turn on the SR-009/Blue Hawaii rig.

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #128 of 510
Yes! Now you must add a serious amp/dac to power your HE-500 and then look into adding the LCD-2 to your collection. As you progress you'll keep justifying the spending somehow. And keep upgrading amps/dacs/headphones and when you finally get to a meet you'll be the guy punching the old man in the gut so you can have your turn on the SR-009/Blue Hawaii rig.

You really did make me LOL! I just about spit out club sandwich everywhere!

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #130 of 510
Quote:

In my case, I was wondering about the LCD2 before and after buying my HE500.  Then I had a chance to listen to the LCD2 driven with an audio gd amp.  I stopped wondering 100% after that audition.  Then, I started wondering about LCD3 and still do now.
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #131 of 510
Quote:
You really did make me LOL! I just about spit out club sandwich everywhere!

Yeah until you've punched an old guy in the gut at a meet you can't really say you're serious about this hobby. I was just laying out the typical path most of us walk. When your wife hands you your divorce papers and it says "reckless audio related spending." You know you can now apply for Headphone Supremus status.

LOL
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #132 of 510
Quote:
In my case, I was wondering about the LCD2 before and after buying my HE500.  Then I had a chance to listen to the LCD2 driven with an audio gd amp.  I stopped wondering 100% after that audition.  Then, I started wondering about LCD3 and still do now.
biggrin.gif

Koiloco, we're not going to take you serously until you actually sell one of your Kois and buy a crazy Stax set up. This must happen and also you must punch an old guy in the gut at a meet before you are granted Headphone Supremus status.

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #133 of 510
Quote:
Koiloco, we're not going to take you serously until you actually sell one of your Kois and buy a crazy Stax set up. This must happen and also you must punch an old guy in the gut at a meet before you are granted Headphone Supremus status.

lol.  It must be a coincidence that my wife asked me the same thing when she saw my amazon order of the TEAC 501 DAC yesterday.  "You are spending more time listening to music on your HPs in your office than with your kois in the backyard.  Maybe, you should sell some"...  Hell no
deadhorse.gif
for now.  Maybe, my saxophone collection should go first.  Anyone interested in a Yamaha custom Z alto (black), perfect condition ?

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #134 of 510
Quote:

The piece of paper says:

that's the fortune cookie I opened up for you
evil_smiley.gif

I had a different fortune cookie with tonight's dinner.

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #135 of 510

Users who are viewing this thread

Back