**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Sep 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #13,216 of 22,116
  Oh, I see. They are pretty fun on the DT880, but definitely bassy. I can't imagine I would enjoy them on the 990 though... too much bass!

Hmm there is a hell of an idea! Might slap em on there tommorow for kicks and giggles lol see how it would turn out xD I mean for $125 bucks used, the DT 990+ J$Pads might be a new Poor Mans LCD lol [minus the sub bass :/] 

Still really digging these for EDM! They've allowed me to reconnect to my lost love! Core n Bass [or Dark Step as you hipsters call it] 

Also been wondering what To do with my Tax refund [going to keep half of it for them rainy days] how ever the other half will be going to balanceing my w1000x and to a RSA F-35 Lighting. I'm diggin it's... SE to Balanced conversion [at least power wise] granted it won't be quiete the same as a balanced Dac fed into the Balanced amp but it will do the trick! Plus it has a NICE GAIN SIWTCH [one I won't be breaking] that killer 3 year warrenty. All for like hopefully $515 or so. so around $700 for my Winter purchases, and only ONE thing to buy!

Just need to sell my stinkin Dt 990 and ShurEY 840 so I can make it through this week ;3

Still the He 400... has resulted in super poor mode and ramen for a WEEK. But man it does sound so GOOD :3 

Also... if you really wanna know what kind of guy I am... I used to do sit ups and push ups to Core n Bass. It was the only music I weight lifted to [and I had a nice little 12" Sub I blew out lol] That said I also like Happy Hard Core for Cardio... but with the sexy bass on the HE 400... they might make nice Power Walking cans :D [the clamp seems sufficent enough!] Plus it's winter! The perfect time to POWER WALK 

but yea...  nothing like pisses your parents off with MANLY GRUNTING and Core n Bass at 6:00pm lol 

Just wished I learned to shuffle back when I had the time to do hour long Cardio Tread Mil runs 3 times a week q.q I'd really love to do me some shuffleing! Not to mention it's like power walking but well you only need about 6 sqaure feet or so ;3 

Oct 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #13,219 of 22,116

Hmm there is a hell of an idea! Might slap em on there tommorow for kicks and giggles lol see how it would turn out xD I mean for $125 bucks used, the DT 990+ J$Pads might be a new Poor Mans LCD lol [minus the sub bass :/] 

Still really digging these for EDM! They've allowed me to reconnect to my lost love! Core n Bass [or Dark Step as you hipsters call it] 

Also been wondering what To do with my Tax refund [going to keep half of it for them rainy days] how ever the other half will be going to balanceing my w1000x and to a RSA F-35 Lighting. I'm diggin it's... SE to Balanced conversion [at least power wise] granted it won't be quiete the same as a balanced Dac fed into the Balanced amp but it will do the trick! Plus it has a NICE GAIN SIWTCH [one I won't be breaking] that killer 3 year warrenty. All for like hopefully $515 or so. so around $700 for my Winter purchases, and only ONE thing to buy!

Just need to sell my stinkin Dt 990 and ShurEY 840 so I can make it through this week ;3

Still the He 400... has resulted in super poor mode and ramen for a WEEK. But man it does sound so GOOD :3 

Also... if you really wanna know what kind of guy I am... I used to do sit ups and push ups to Core n Bass. It was the only music I weight lifted to [and I had a nice little 12" Sub I blew out lol] That said I also like Happy Hard Core for Cardio... but with the sexy bass on the HE 400... they might make nice Power Walking cans :D [the clamp seems sufficent enough!] Plus it's winter! The perfect time to POWER WALK 

but yea...  nothing like pisses your parents off with MANLY GRUNTING and Core n Bass at 6:00pm lol 

Just wished I learned to shuffle back when I had the time to do hour long Cardio Tread Mil runs 3 times a week q.q I'd really love to do me some shuffleing! Not to mention it's like power walking but well you only need about 6 sqaure feet or so ;3 

Interesting post haha

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #13,220 of 22,116
Has anybody found bigger pads that they've stuck with? The stock ones are too small for me.

LCD2 pads but be aware they are 110 mm diameter whereas the HE400 is just over 100 mm so they stick out a little bit.

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #13,221 of 22,116

Interesting post haha

Thank's I try to keep things nice and weird here around head fi ;3 keep you'z guys on ur toes! 

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #13,222 of 22,116

This is the best configuration for EQ I have found, with a burson ha160d.
Any suggestions on how to make it better?

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #13,223 of 22,116
What DAC/AMP would truly be the best for these cans? Also with an eye on future upgrading to the HE-500 (or maybe LCD2). Really like these and want to make the best of them. Budget is around 500 euro for second hand. Right now I have the Aune T1. I was eyeballing the Burson HA-160D (and made a deal but seller got better deal and don't want to hold him to the deal). I can also get the Burson HA-160DS, but what is truly best?

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #13,224 of 22,116
  What DAC/AMP would truly be the best for these cans? Also with an eye on future upgrading to the HE-500 (or maybe LCD2). Really like these and want to make the best of them. Budget is around 500 euro for second hand. Right now I have the Aune T1. I was eyeballing the Burson HA-160D (and made a deal but seller got better deal and don't want to hold him to the deal). I can also get the Burson HA-160DS, but what is truly best?

WHOA WHOA WHOA, dude first come first serve! If you where the first person to contact him, it does not matter that he got a better offer. I have denived better offers my self, because here at head fi, we don't sell to make profit. We sell to help out members. If you where first and your interested and your able to pay, your should get the amp. If some one else comes along AFTER you, well they missed out didn't they! 

Still, I love my he 400 out of the Audio GD 10ES2, 6w into 50 ohms yes sir :3 

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #13,225 of 22,116
The burson is a great amp. If you plan to upgrade in the future, then it would make a good choice. As would the Schiit products such as the A2 and lyr. If you don't think that you'll be upgrading, the he400 will sound great from much less. 

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #13,226 of 22,116
  The burson is a great amp. If you plan to upgrade in the future, then it would make a good choice. As would the Schiit products such as the A2 and lyr. If you don't think that you'll be upgrading, the he400 will sound great from much less. 

So would the HE-400 benefit much from the Burson or does it sound just as good on the Aune T1? If it doesn't make a improvement I might just hold out untill I upgrade.

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #13,228 of 22,116
I have a Burson HA-160 and can tell that it's indeed a great amp and pairs very well with the HE-500. It's a bit overkill for the HE-400 though, IMO. Didn't notice much improvement even from my old Fiio E11. HE-400 isn't very amp picky and doesn't scale too much with higher-end gear.

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #13,230 of 22,116
  Alright, thanks for the info guys. I'll just hold out for now (unless I can get a good deal, lol) and wait untill I upgrade my phones.

Indeed, 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back