**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Feb 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #7,771 of 22,116
Quote:
^^ I have rare item
very_evil_smiley.gif

Something off topic here: I just bought the QPAD MK-50 with cherry mx brown switches.

I'll make it more on-topic: I picked the brown switches because they are less noisy than the blue ones so I can enjoy the HE-400 more!

Ah, a fellow mechakeyboarder...I used to use MX Brown but switched to MX Red in the end - about the same amount of noise but I prefer linear action with no tactile bump.  To further reduce noise, you can check out these: http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/cherry-mx-rubber-switch-dampeners.html  I can vouch that they work well!

Back on topic...

Mattpads...you mean the ones made with genuine baby kangaroo leather, hand stitched by the honest, hard-working indigenous peoples of...wherever?  I'll take 2!

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #7,772 of 22,116
Why haven't I listened to Sebastien Teller on HE-400 before now? Great stuff to show off the airiness and energy of these cans. 

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #7,773 of 22,116
About the B-stock J$ pads, I would recommend that you try those out. It seems as if Jeremy shipped me B stock pads, and although there's nothing I can do about it, I do have to say that it's not a big deal. On one pad there's a weird imperfection that makes a small ravine on the part of the pad that touches your ear and on the other pad the flap where the plastic ring goes over is off center quite a bit but in the end there's is no sonic difference and at this point I just don't care. Plus, B-stock pads are selling for $32, which is quite cheap.

Feb 21, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #7,774 of 22,116
Do Denon pads fit the HE400? Because you can get some Lawton pads and try them out...

Not $45, but build quality should be better.

Anyone used Denon pads, or was it all Beyer pads?

Feb 22, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #7,777 of 22,116
For some reason,ethe pictures I've been seeing makes the J$ pads on the he400 look angled...

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #7,779 of 22,116
Quote:

Yes, you are correct.  However, I do believe they are "B" stock pads.  If I'm wrong, then I'll apologize in advance.  But, I just don't want to create false hopes in the event they are not the "A" stock items.  He also has a bunch of Grado leather head bands, too.  I think they are "B" stock also.

All the pads since Christmas has been B-stock I think. For instance the one I bought from Jeremy back in early January was B-stock.

Feb 22, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #7,780 of 22,116
Quote:

I'll make your decision easier.  Actually, there are not any J$ pads left.  You might see them appear in the F/S forums as people decide to sell off some gear.  However, as to new pads being sold by J$ and the shipping handled by me, it's the end of the road.  The box is empty.  54 or so pair of pads all gone within 7 weeks.

I didn't buy the pads from wje as well but gotta say the guy deserves some credit for doing this for the community. Thanks!

Feb 22, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #7,781 of 22,116
Guys, maybe this is a crazy idea, but how about you upload your presets with that electriQ.

We could have in 1 month a S**tload of great Eqs!

Feb 22, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #7,784 of 22,116
After having experienced the LCD2, im regretting not getting the J$ pads for the HE400, just to try something new. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back