**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Jan 31, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #16,295 of 22,116
  i did not put them in water just receive a replacement 12days ago and the corner already started to rust  
i keep in on a headphone stand on my table 

Weird.  I have had mine about 2 months now and I could only see rust a possibility if they were somehow exposed to water or if there was alot of moisture in the air.

It has been said before though - Hifiman build quality isn't very top notch, but the sound is great!

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #16,296 of 22,116

Weird.  I have had mine about 2 months now and I could only see rust a possibility if they were somehow exposed to water or if there was alot of moisture in the air.

It has been said before though - Hifiman build quality isn't very top notch, but the sound is great!

is it possible that it is cause by the humidity level of singapore?

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #16,297 of 22,116
  My connectors are splitting :frowning2:

Its rather common if you move them around. Mine split in 4 months (But i was determined to get a shorter cable so i could take the HE-400 on the go).
That canare cable is just too stiff.
Still.. you can probably get a cable for the HE-400 for rather cheap (just dont look for trademark names like dragon cables, forza audio, etc. Your local store with anyone savy in this will do it for 1/3 of the price and with same quality... maybe with not as good looks thou.). You just need to buy the HifiMan connectors.

Personally next time i change the cables in the HE-400 for any reason im going balanced :D.

Thats assuming you dont have a budget for it. IF you do, I assume an awsome looking cable might be what you want.

Jan 31, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #16,298 of 22,116
Ummm WOW these cans are awesome! I have them running through an oldish Pioneer VSX-D411 which is also acting as my DAC and the sound is unbelievable! Thanks for this thread it helped with my purchase decision!

Old Pioneers FTW!! Congrats on the setup...
  are those hard to install?? maybe I'll pick up something like that. real leather or pleather?

The guys moved out of the country. You can posted a wanted ad for them. There are still some floating around but they are hard to come by. 
  hi, do you guys he400 go rusty over 1month?

You are the first reported case. Do you wear them while cleaning out salt water fish tanks?

Jan 31, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #16,300 of 22,116
There are lots of metal parts used to make these hp's. Do you happen to live near the beach? Do you have a salt water fish tank in your room?

Jan 31, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #16,305 of 22,116
  My connectors are splitting :frowning2:

Your pic is EXACTLY what is happening to my cable.

Out of warranty = no free replacement.

Cheapest from Hifiman is $60

I've been shopping around but I can't really find a way to replace the cable without spending ~40 bucks. (DIY parts+labor).

I'd need a very good tutorial anyway because I've never done it. I figure you need 4 strands of 26 or 28 AWG wire (two for each cup), 2 SMC male, and a 1/8 stereo male plug to do it. But it looks like the 1/8 has to be soldered, and it is tight quarters.

I may just order the copper/silver cable. Then again, the cable still works, and I seriously don't feel like spending any more money on the setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back