**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Dec 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #2,702 of 22,116
Quote:
Prepo, how does the mini x go with the he400? Would you recommend that combo?
I've been planning to get an o2 but maybe this would be a better choice...
Edit: Damn just remembered they only ship to the US. Oh well
redface.gif

They work great with the HE-400. My favourite pairing of the bunch. Not too sensitive for these. They do ship outside of the US if you email them an international quote. Shipping gets to be a bit high though (267 all in total to Canada, although we might have to buy more brokerage fees and duties).

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #2,703 of 22,116
Quote:
They work great with the HE-400. My favourite pairing of the bunch. Not too sensitive for these. They do ship outside of the US if you email them an international quote. Shipping gets to be a bit high though (267 all in total to Canada, although we might have to buy more brokerage fees and duties).

O,  see I was just taking a guess.    Where do you usually have the volume knob when listening?

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #2,705 of 22,116
Balanced driving he400 is much better than SE?
If it is, balancing the cable is not difficult?

Maybe out of blue i jumped into this thread, pls excuse me. This is my first involvement here.

Dec 2, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #2,707 of 22,116
Quote:
Balanced driving he400 is much better than SE?
If it is, balancing the cable is not difficult?
Maybe out of blue i jumped into this thread, pls excuse me. This is my first involvement here.

Welcome to HF and to the he400 club. If you already have a balanced amp, I'd say go for it. I used the he400 briefly balanced on the nfb6 and it was a modest improvement. 

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #2,708 of 22,116
Is someone able to quickly let me know what the size of the box the HE400's come in are? I am having a friend bring them back to NZ for me and I want to make sure I don't over burden them with huge boxes of stuff

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #2,711 of 22,116
Quote:
Is someone able to quickly let me know what the size of the box the HE400's come in are? I am having a friend bring them back to NZ for me and I want to make sure I don't over burden them with huge boxes of stuff

Some retailers just put a shipping sticker on the shipping box used by HiFiMan, which is 10x9x7 inches - slightly larger than the retail box - there is a thin sheet of foam between the retail box and the shipping box on each of the six sides.

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #2,714 of 22,116
What about weight? (Sorry I should have asked for that as well). I am asking them (friend) to bring it back in their luggage so I don't want to impose.  The HD650's I bought were in a MUCH larger box than the headphones themselves used. 

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #2,715 of 22,116
Quote:
What about weight? (Sorry I should have asked for that as well). I am asking them (friend) to bring it back in their luggage so I don't want to impose.  The HD650's I bought were in a MUCH larger box than the headphones themselves used. 

About 20 ounces (U.S.) for the headphones alone, and another 17.6 ounces (U.S.) for the combination of the retail box and the shipping box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back