Hifiman HE-1000 coming
Jan 3, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #181 of 446
  Small holes will not effect the distribution of weight. I'm willing to concede *potential* issues with hair. 

Yea, it doesn't technically affect the weight distribution, but I think anything weird on the headband (protruding stitching, bumps, or holes) negatively effects the feel on the headphones on your head. A flat surface is the best (imo).

personal opinion of course.

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #182 of 446
I'd wish Hifiman would simply stick to designing for practicality and not spending silly money on design teams, which we (the users) end up paying for.
Better stick to what they do well, which is the performance. Keep it simple and functional and instead pay attention to the QC.
Goes so much better with what I perceive to be their company philosophy.

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #183 of 446
Relax. You saw a couple of pictures and are drawing major conclusions, even to the point where you have surrendered to the assertion that you, as the consumer, are being exploited for your money. Preemptive evaluation is preemptive (of course you might be entirely right, but I think it is too early to start feeling sorry for ourselves like others have in this post for not being able to afford a flagship).

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #184 of 446
Relax. You saw a couple of pictures and are drawing major conclusions, even to the point where you have surrendered to the assertion that you, as the consumer, are being exploited for your money. Preemptive evaluation is preemptive (of course you might be entirely right, but I think it is too early to start feeling sorry for ourselves like others have in this post for not being able to afford a flagship).

There are very few flagships deserving of their price, and once guaranteed to get quality and great sound for the price and the deserving of the title of flagship, many can afford them (all of the sudden, magically :p). Just because a company labels something their TOTL and gives it a 4 figure price tag doesn't automatically make it sound wonderful. Case in point, Ultrasone Edition 10 ...

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #185 of 446
There are very few flagships deserving of their price, and once guaranteed to get quality and great sound for the price and the deserving of the title of flagship, many can afford them (all of the sudden, magically :p). Just because a company labels something their TOTL and gives it a 4 figure price tag doesn't automatically make it sound wonderful. Case in point, Ultrasone Edition 10 ...

Hehe. I totally agree with you. That is why I do not believe me, as "the user." am being exploited by a company attempting to release one that may compete with other flagships. But ostensibly some think they should be priced and engineered accordingly to the sub-flagship market.

Jan 3, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #186 of 446
I'd wish Hifiman would simply stick to designing for practicality and not spending silly money on design teams, which we (the users) end up paying for.

+1

Jan 3, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #187 of 446
Better stick to what they do well, which is the performance. Keep it simple and functional and instead pay attention to the QC.
Goes so much better with what I perceive to be their company philosophy.

Apart from the chromed yokes and using wood, and not metal or plastic, for the outer cups, I wonder what it is about these that look so impractical to you.  They look utilitarian to me, brutally so, actually.   Even the wood may somehow influence sound sig.  That headband design is obviously function-over-form. . . . 

BTW, the holes in the head-suspension band could be for weight reduction as well as `cooling`. They could also subtley increase grip on the head, to prevent slippage.  I doubt very much anyone is going to be able to feel them with their scalp . .  

Jan 3, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #189 of 446
To me, the HE-1000 looks fantastic ! The design is very promising regarding "fit". (I would never buy the JPS monster, regardless of price). I have no doubt that the HE-1000 will beat the (unmodded) HE-6 regarding SQ. I sincerely hope that my Allnic and/or the Violectric will be on par with the EF-1000 :wink: ....
Can't resist :D !!!

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #191 of 446
popcorn.gif

Jan 3, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #192 of 446
CES will be very exciting this year - lots of new goodies by the sounds of it. 

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #193 of 446
I have made some different color schemes for HE-1000.

All black, too "heavy" for this design IMO:

HE-560 style, too much "HE-560" IMO:

A red variant for fun (but I think this one is cute):

My favorite, white / off-white:

The original:

I like the white variant better than the original, it’s more classy and fits the design IMO. Instead of using wood veneer they should use lacquered metal (tin plate). This will also get rid of the "cheap" feeling of wood veneer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back