HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity Complete - Feel free to still comment
Jun 18, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #1,681 of 1,738
Some of my best listening sessions are outside, sitting on a park bench, with my pooch. Fresh air, girls on trampolines, the smell of lilac in the air...
It would be kinda tough to bring speakers along 
tongue.gif

-Both a room or near field speaker system, and a dedicated headphone system can provide gobs of satiating music listening enjoyment.
A man can be considered truly lucky, when he has both. - Immtbiker 2015

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #1,682 of 1,738
It's funny you mentioned listening outside. I was sat out in my garden with a Senn HD650 yesterday in the sun that we actually got in the UK!!!

I felt that the sound was brilliant. Perhaps it gets you in a better mood and so you perceive the sound slightly differently?

I must admit, I thoroughly enjoy the portable aspect of headphones.

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #1,683 of 1,738
It's funny you mentioned listening outside. I was sat out in my garden with a Senn HD650 yesterday in the sun that we actually got in the UK!!!

I felt that the sound was brilliant. Perhaps it gets you in a better mood and so you perceive the sound slightly differently?

I must admit, I thoroughly enjoy the portable aspect of headphones.

+1 Well said. I glad you had a bit of sun today, which you enjoyed with your HE1K. :)

Jun 19, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #1,684 of 1,738
Though, I do find I need closed headphones to listen outside...like the Thinksound On1, for instance, or the Beyer 1350. Even in my neighborhood, which is suburban and not very noisy, there is enough ambient noise to distract. Just me, of course...

Jun 19, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #1,685 of 1,738
Though, I do find I need closed headphones to listen outside...like the Thinksound On1, for instance, or the Beyer 1350. Even in my neighborhood, which is suburban and not very noisy, there is enough ambient noise to distract. Just me, of course...

@doctorjazz, have no fear!  Scientists at Headphones Accessories ("HA") are busily adapting my design for the Grado headphones to fit the HE1000 and make them closed for you.

Here is the Grado device catalog entry, straight from the HA catalog, to whet your appetite:

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #1,686 of 1,738
  Some of my best listening sessions are outside, sitting on a park bench, with my pooch. Fresh air, girls on trampolines, the smell of lilac in the air...
It would be kinda tough to bring speakers along 
tongue.gif

What kind of parks do have on Long Island!?  We could use those around here....

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #1,687 of 1,738

@doctorjazz, have no fear!  Scientists at Headphones Accessories ("HA") are busily adapting my design for the Grado headphones to fit the HE1000 and make them closed for you.

Here is the Grado device catalog entry, straight from the HA catalog, to whet your appetite:

That's crap.  Try covering the grills of the grados with both hands....they sound awful.  yeah, right...that's gonna work!

Jun 20, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #1,688 of 1,738

What kind of parks do have on Long Island!?  We could use those around here....

Well…in hindsight, the part about girls jumping on trampolines might have been memories of watching "The Man Show" 
tongue.gif
, but the Lilac part was valid 
smile.gif

That's crap.  Try covering the grills of the grados with both hands....they sound awful.  yeah, right...that's gonna work!

I thought this was a funny. Not something real. Anytime you cover the grills on an open headphone design, the soundstage crumbles.

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #1,689 of 1,738

Headphone Accessories  (HA)

Dear figaro69:

Thank you deeply for your interest on our headphone accessory.  Your input is important to us.  We live with our ear in the mouth of the customer to serve needs.  Our Marketing Department makes a thousand promises, and our Technical Department stands upon each promise.

Your comments are deeply appreciated.  We would like to include them in future publicity for our products.  Can we permission you to do this.

We have asked our Technical Department your question.  They have prayed to respond:

"Blocking headphones with hands is not good.  Hands are flesh.  Flesh absorbs sound.  Special HA Closed Inserts for Grado Headphones are wooded.  Wood reflects sound. Sound then bounces around in chamber, not to be absorbed by hand."

Thank you again for your interest in HA products.

kayandjohn
Grand President, Customer Service, HA Precinct of NW quadrangle of western-most northern Precinct of Ann Arbor, MI

Headphone Accessories Customer Service Motto:
                                                                     "HA!  Where we're not happy until you're not happy."

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #1,691 of 1,738
  A friend of mine who has tested is gave me an advice :
"Good Bye"
and when he learnt the price, it was even clear :
"They are crazy, keep away from it untill the finish it"

He'll give me his full review  in English and I'll try to translate it in French. But the summary is rather clear : after unconvincing  if not dreadful electronics from HiFiMan, they are now selling the worst ratio quality/price high (?) end headphone of the 21rst century. Keep away from this brand untill they become a little bit more realistic.

I don't know why but I don't expect his review to be published in the latest reviews on HiFiMan's site. I'm 100% sure it won't be because it'll be a neg review but just because it'll be in French. lol

I don't understand what you're trying to get at here.  You haven't heard this headphone, and feel compelled to tell everyone not to bother with them because a friend told you they're bad? This is kinda nuts, and unfair to HifiMan.

I'd listen to the first-hand reviews.  Or better-- try to hear them for yourself, then comment.

Jun 21, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #1,692 of 1,738

I don't understand what you're trying to get at here.  You haven't heard this headphone, and feel compelled to tell everyone not to bother with them because a friend told you they're bad? This is kinda nuts, and unfair to HifiMan.

I'd listen to the first-hand reviews.  Or better-- try to hear them for yourself, then comment.

Having not heard it, as he admits, it appears to be more of a troll and a cry for attention.

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #1,693 of 1,738
  I've never admitted not having listened to them.

I have just mentionned not having tested them (meaning not being part of the 30 people who got it for beta-testing) for four weeks.

And I'm certainly not going to spend $3500-4000 (that'll be the price in Europe) just to comment it. For the same price, I would almost get an HE-6 (unfortunately, I might be died before it is fully  + an HD800 + an Audeze LCD-X or anyone ot those + HUNDRED of CDs.

My friend complete review is allready online but overlooked by HiFiMan. Hum Hum

Of course, he has been less direct than what he has told me offline but his conclusion is quite easy to understand. Let's say he has been very fair with HiFiMan as he never mentionned how the HE-6 can be unconfortable.

Beginning of his conclusion :

"Je vais reprendre l’exemple qu’a partagé un collègue anglais sur le HE1000. Il nous a simplement expliqué que la veille, il avait reçu un beau CD tout neuf et qu’au moment de l’écouter avec avidité pour la première fois, il avait hésité à choisir entre le HE-6 et le HD800 mais jamais le HE1000."

QED

Where is the link to your friends review?

Jun 21, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #1,694 of 1,738
  A friend of mine who has tested is gave me an advice :
"Good Bye"
and when he learnt the price, it was even clear :
"They are crazy, keep away from it untill the finish it"

He'll give me his full review  in English and I'll try to translate it in French. But the summary is rather clear : after unconvincing  if not dreadful electronics from HiFiMan, they are now selling the worst ratio quality/price high (?) end headphone of the 21rst century. Keep away from this brand untill they become a little bit more realistic.

I don't know why but I don't expect his review to be published in the latest reviews on HiFiMan's site. I'm 100% sure it won't be because it'll be a neg review but just because it'll be in French. lol

I've never admitted not having listened to them.

I have just mentionned not having tested them (meaning not being part of the 30 people who got it for beta-testing) for four weeks.

And I'm certainly not going to spend $3500-4000 (that'll be the price in Europe) just to comment it. For the same price, I would almost get an HE-6 (unfortunately, I might be died before it is fully  + an HD800 + an Audeze LCD-X or anyone ot those + HUNDRED of CDs.

My friend complete review is allready online but overlooked by HiFiMan. Hum Hum

Of course, he has been less direct than what he has told me offline but his conclusion is quite easy to understand. Let's say he has been very fair with HiFiMan as he never mentionned how the HE-6 can be unconfortable.

Beginning of his conclusion :

"Je vais reprendre l’exemple qu’a partagé un collègue anglais sur le HE1000. Il nous a simplement expliqué que la veille, il avait reçu un beau CD tout neuf et qu’au moment de l’écouter avec avidité pour la première fois, il avait hésité à choisir entre le HE-6 et le HD800 mais jamais le HE1000."

QED

eek.gif

That's the first part of my conclusion here : http://www.tellementnomade.org/feedback-hifiman-he-1000-beta/ I have already give the full translation here : http://www.head-fi.org/t/767883/official-hifiman-he1000-impressions-thread/540#post_11682842 

Who are you ? I don't know any Goldmund and I don't remember to have shared impressions with anyone except a few friends and some other Beta Testers since the beginning. I never told anything about " the worst ratio quality/price high (?) end headphone of the 21rst century" when I talk about the HE1k. I've better canidates for that.  I never thought to give the review in english to anyone . as that was initialluy planned,I wrote the review in french and translated it in english with the help of some friends. The only friend who listened  the HE1K with me is superfred21 . That's his pseudonym everywhere and he surely shouldn"t came here to blather about some private impressions we shared during our listenings. 

So who the **** are you ? 

Jun 21, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #1,695 of 1,738
Hi ,I too am interested, though AI think I am a bit late. I belong from india and Have a extensive experience in testing products like printers,routers etc.though let me acknowledge that is my first headphone beta testing but I am a c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back