Hifiman Edition X
Nov 30, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #421 of 4,030
I think that some people would say that it is not a sonic upgrade at all. For me personally I like the hex better. The he6 will have more bass slam and more treble. The HEX will have as much bass extension but not hit as hard. HEX also has a bigger sound stage and more natural mids IMO.

When fully burned in can you comment on the bass compared to the he400's (the original)?

Dec 1, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #423 of 4,030
  How does it compare to the HEK? How did you drive them?

+1

Also looking for a HEX  v/s  HE1000 comparaison.  My  HE1000 test period end in 2 days, so I must decide if I kept the HE1000 or if the HEX will be a good alternative

( HEX needs a less powerful amp,but...is it a the price of a substantial Sound quality reduction ??)

Dec 1, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #424 of 4,030
These sound slightly warmer than the HEK. Has the same problem I had with the HEK. Soft bass and lack of slam. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #425 of 4,030
  These sound slightly warmer than the HEK. Has the same problem I had with the HEK. Soft bass and lack of slam. 

Hmm sounds bad. Bass should hit hard and strong. I listen to a lot of EDM. This might be an inherent problem with Hifiman driver design.

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #426 of 4,030

Hmm sounds bad. Bass should hit hard and strong. I listen to a lot of EDM. This might be an inherent problem with Hifiman driver design.

I will not agree with this at all ,if there would be inherent problem with them people would complain and we would heard about it.
My HE-560 have plant of quality bass and from audiophile perspective most of the time (less is better).
Looking at HE-X design if anything will be better then HE-560 and very close to HE-K.
The main source is the most important thing  to make a good assessment of how specific headphone sound like.
 "what goes in"..........will come out.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #429 of 4,030
  I will not agree with this at all ,if there would be inherent problem with them people would complain and we would heard about it.
My HE-560 have plant of quality bass and from audiophile perspective most of the time (less is better).
Looking at HE-X design if anything will be better then HE-560 and very close to HE-K.
The main source is the most important thing  to make a good assessment of how specific headphone sound like.

I don't like HE-560 sound to be honest. I haven't listened HEX but I hope it has fuller sound with thunderous tight bass.

Dec 1, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #430 of 4,030
  I don't like HE-560 sound to be honest. I haven't listened HEX but I hope it has fuller sound with thunderous tight bass.

I will let you know when I get my HE-X's ,they are on order
beyersmile.png

What amp did you drive the HE-560 with and what source???
Cheers

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #432 of 4,030

It's not. The HE6 is the best bass Ive heard on a pair of headphones and I listen to a lot of trance/techno.

I think you missed the comments of the bass being soft on the HEK. Headphones seem to be hyped up so much people ignore the negatives.

IME, those are symptoms of lack of good amplification. What are you using?

Tried with the Wa22 and Cavalli liquid glass. Not that the HEX are difficult to drive to begin with.

It does not have thunderous tight bass. The tightest "quality" bass Ive heard is on the HE6, without any sacrifice or bleed into other frequencies. Although both the HEX and HEK extend lower. Its a choice you have to make between sub bass extension (HEK/HEX) or bass slam (HE6).

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #434 of 4,030
Stock cable is a bit cheap for a headphone at this price. I switched to an Oppo balanced balanced and it was immediately a noticeable improvement. Norne cables would only be better. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #435 of 4,030
Are you guys using the stock cable(s)? I feel like they could be restraining the headphones. Looks pretty cheap to me.

I'm tempted to put 2.5mm plugs for my Norne Vanquish cable. Should be a good fit for these.

For Starters I will use the original cable to brake them in and later I will upgrade to something better.
How is the Norne V cable???Good upgrade???
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back