Hifiman Edition X
Nov 27, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #361 of 4,030
  We are looking forward reading your comparaison between HE1000 and HEX.

I also have a HE1000 that I also love.  Could you tell us what headphone Amp are you using (or you prefer) with your HE1000 ? 

Well they arrived today and the build quality is excellent and they are lighter than the HE1000s and very comfortable. Out of my iPhone 6, they are excellent. Tonight I'm using my AK240SS with them and there is plenty of headroom...so yes, they are quite a bit more efficient too. Sound so far is similar to the HE1000s as you can tell the family resemblances. More to come....(especially on me review
wink.gif
). 

My Hugo TT is excellent with the HE1000s, but when paired with the GS-X MK2, the HE1000s truly shine!

Nov 27, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #363 of 4,030
  ^^ Very interested in what amps seem to work best with the edition x. 

Me too! Just got them this afternoon...in time I'll try my Hugo TT and then GS-X Mk2 at them to see how they sound. But they do sound just great out of my iPhone / iPad and especially AK240SS (all tried tonight).

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #364 of 4,030
  Well they arrived today and the build quality is excellent and they are lighter than the HE1000s and very comfortable. Out of my iPhone 6, they are excellent. Tonight I'm using my AK240SS with them and there is plenty of headroom...so yes, they are quite a bit more efficient too. Sound so far is similar to the HE1000s as you can tell the family resemblances. More to come....(especially on me review
size]
). 
My Hugo TT is excellent with the HE1000s, but when paired with the GS-X MK2, the HE1000s truly shine!

Glad your initial impression on their build quality/comfort/sound are good so far, can't wait to read your review, enjoy!
beerchug.gif

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #365 of 4,030
  Glad your initial impression on their build quality/comfort/sound so far, can't wait to read your review, enjoy!
beerchug.gif

Thanks Joseph! The AK240SS was stupendously good...now just thought "I'd slum it" with my iPod Classic (120Gb version)
tongue.gif
. They are as efficient as my PM-3s here (which I definitely consider as "portable headphones"). 

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #366 of 4,030

Thanks Joseph! The AK240SS was stupendously good...now just thought "I'd slum it" with my iPod Classic (120Gb version)
tongue.gif
. They are as efficient as my PM-3s here (which I definitely consider as "portable headphones"). 

Nice!  
L3000.gif

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #367 of 4,030
Well they arrived today and the build quality is excellent and they are lighter than the HE1000s and very comfortable. Out of my iPhone 6, they are excellent. Tonight I'm using my AK240SS with them and there is plenty of headroom...so yes, they are quite a bit more efficient too. Sound so far is similar to the HE1000s as you can tell the family resemblances. More to come....(especially on me review :wink: ).

I will be watching for the review. I am defiantly interested in these.

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #368 of 4,030
size]

Glad to hear this, now I know if I like them after I borrow them from TCC loaner program they'll pair just fine with my GS-1. 
smile.gif

Nov 28, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #371 of 4,030
Hmm, i'd appreciate it if you could answer the following two questions:

- does the HEX sound fuller, richer and lusher than other hifiman products, such as the 560?
- is the HEX in any way fatiguing to listen to (shouty mids, piercing/sibilant highs) or uncomfortable?

In other words: does the HEX sound like an audeze with better soundstage and comfort? haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back