Hifiman Edition X
Nov 24, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #346 of 4,030

Agreed.
frown.gif
  Definitely not a fan of the iridescent purple color (why???) around the earcups.  Black chrome (or black anything!) would look sooo much better!

Nothing like good automotive paint would fix this,how about ferrari red anyone?

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #348 of 4,030
Just got notification that my review pair of HE X are shipping out today. Should have them in a day or two. Pretty excited to hear them! I absolutely love my HE1000s and put them in the top 3 headphones of all time (along with the Stax SR-009s and Audeze LCD-4s)...so I'm very curious to hear how these compare.

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #349 of 4,030
Just got notification that my review pair of HE X are shipping out today. Should have them in a day or two. Pretty excited to hear them! I absolutely love my HE1000s and put them in the top 3 headphones of all time (along with the Stax SR-009s and Audeze LCD-4s)...so I'm very curious to hear how these compare.

That will make for a good review.

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #352 of 4,030
There is a camp that thinks you must have a premier price to create the aurora of being a quality product. I disagree, thinking this is a load of crap. For every Abyss you have a Schiit Audio that creates great sounding, high value products. Sometimes pricing at what "the market will bear" will curtail potential sales. I doubt seriously that most audio firms actually do pricing studies (formal). The other thing is you better build a product that does exceede the quality of lesser price products, this is a pretty savvy group of consumers, with incredible ability to communicate globally. If it's not a great product it will fade quickly.

Nice, I will say yes to that!
I am big on making the best of the not so expensive things and if they sound good then that is it!
HE-560 will do for now and they do sound right to my ears.

Nov 25, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #354 of 4,030
Really looking forward to the review, since my HE-500 i've became an Hifiman aficionado.

Nov 27, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #360 of 4,030

We are looking forward reading your comparaison between HE1000 and HEX.

I also have a HE1000 that I also love.  Could you tell us what headphone Amp are you using (or you prefer) with your HE1000 ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back