HIFIMAN Edition X Loaner Program
Dec 21, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #46 of 173
:/ Oh well, didn't make the cut for this one. Though excited to hear peoples impressions & reviews on this! Beautiful looking headphone, now we'll get to learn more of how the HE-1000 technology has "trickled down".

Dec 21, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #47 of 173
  :/ Oh well, didn't make the cut for this one. Though excited to hear peoples impressions & reviews on this! Beautiful looking headphone, now we'll get to learn more of how the HE-1000 technology has "trickled down".

uhh yea you did, your on this list? What do you mean you didn't make the cut 

Dec 21, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #48 of 173

Check again. You're right behind @Mshenay.
wink_face.gif

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Dec 21, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #49 of 173
Excited to be second in line for these!

@fleasbaby Let me know when these are headed my way.

@TeamHiFiMAN Are we still instituting the 1-week-rule for the Holidays?

Dec 21, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #52 of 173
  Excited to be second in line for these!

@fleasbaby Let me know when these are headed my way.

@TeamHiFiMAN Are we still instituting the 1-week-rule for the Holidays?

Will try to get these shipped out ASAP.

As far as the upcoming holiday goes, keep it reasonable. It will more or less depend on when the units arrive.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Dec 21, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #53 of 173

Will try to get these shipped out ASAP.

As far as the upcoming holiday goes, keep it reasonable. It will more or less depend on when the units arrive.

Happy to hear it! I think I sent my address like 20 mins after you guys asked for it xD Super excited 

Dec 21, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #54 of 173
  Happy to hear it! I think I sent my address like 20 mins after you guys asked for it xD Super excited 

I know you're excited!
That's the beauty, the anticipation is half of it :wink:

Dec 26, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #57 of 173
Wow... build aside [the HE X is built like the HM 901 [a little disappointing but solid, my HM 901 has remained 100% in tact since the day I first got it, still not thrilled with the build but it's not faltered at all]

ahm but like the HM 901 the HE X is really... like an obvious an CLEAR upgrade to my poor little HE 4 q.q 

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #59 of 173
This is the first headphone I've experienced at this level, and straight out of my iPhone it's a revelation. I've heard HE400 and own HE400. I have a loaner pair of ZMF OMNI coming soon, but they're a different animal as a semi-open can. Might not have any overlapping time with the two anyway. We'll see.

Edition X is on the burn-in rig with all music I shuffle at a moderate level and will remain so unless I'm listening to them.

P.S., I've read conflicting reports in the color. It's a nice pearlescent purple that takes on a bit of color from whatever it's around. On my light carpet, they looked lavender. On Mshenay's black background, they're a very dark rich purple.

And as Mshenay mentioned build would inspire more confidence if Edition X had metal arms. Just my two cents.
:beerchug:

Dec 26, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #60 of 173
This is the first headphone I've experienced at this level, and straight out of my iPhone it's a revelation. I've heard HE400 and own HE400. I have a loaner pair of ZMF OMNI coming soon, but they're a different animal as a semi-open can. Might not have any overlapping time with the two anyway. We'll see.

Edition X is on the burn-in rig with all music I shuffle at a moderate level and will remain so unless I'm listening to them.

P.S., I've read conflicting reports in the color. It's a nice pearlescent purple that takes on a bit of color from whatever it's around. On my light carpet, they looked lavender. On @Mshenay's black background, they're a very dark rich purple.

And as @Mshenay mentioned build would inspire more confidence if Edition X had metal arms. Just my two cents.
beerchug.gif

Ahh I like the color of them an it's cool that is has a nice finish that changes with the light

sound wise, I'll be the first to say that right out of my Phone it sounded AMAZING [an the HE 4 can NOT be driven out of a cell phone... like ever] 

Though, these are starting to remind me a little of the LCD 2 but a little more even toned an WAY lighter 

and there goes the left channel again, there seems to be an issue with the headphone it self. I've used both the short an long cable an it's the same thing, I've used multiple sources an had the same issue with each :/ 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back