HIFIMAN Edition X Loaner Program
Dec 26, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #62 of 173
Boo! @TeamHiFiMAN, looks like @Mshenay's leg of the tour might need a new Edition X.

And yes, these are light. Very light! Noticed that as soon as I lifted them out of the box. Made my HE400 seem even more like a Cold War relic, lol
wink_face.gif

Yea I'm thinking that might be worthwhile to get a replacement

for better or worse I'm also participating in Todds tour, I'll see if I have the same issue there

still these are a god send for portable rigs 

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #63 of 173
I'm in NJ and I'm already a HE1K owner. I'd like to participate as I was in the highly successful HE1K beta program. I also vow to write an in-depth review comparing the two! :)

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #64 of 173
....just posted my review. Will be mailing the tour unit on, probably tomorrow time permitting.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-edition-x-over-ear-planar-magnetic-headphones/reviews/14898

Dec 31, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #67 of 173
Yes Happy New Years everyone. As luck would have it a package arrived on my doorstep today and so far let me just say I am impressed with what I am hearing... :). Now I just have to win the darned lottery so I can afford to buy a pair! I suspect I might have to save my pennies, avoid buying anyyhing for a good long while and maybe sell a few beloved headphones to raise the cash! That and hope the Canadian dollars raises up a lot. Because I really do like what I am hearing.

Jan 1, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #68 of 173
Hey guys,too late to get in on this?I'm in Pac.NW,already have the HE-400i's & a decent enough rig to get a good read on them...

Jan 1, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #70 of 173
Where you at in the PNW @E8ArmyDiver?

I'm in Everett,Wa...I just missed a meet in my area but since I was just getting started at that time I wouldn't have know what to look for anyway.Now that I've been able to spend time with 4 different types of amps & 3 sets of decent cans I think I'm ready to hear what moving up gets you.

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #71 of 173
For those interested here is my review.

Jan 2, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #72 of 173
Located in Reno NV. Currently upgrading my setup from midrange to TOTL. I just received my rag and will be getting a yddy. I'm am trying to sort through all the options for headphones in a semi sane price range. I currently have hd650s and DT770 pro s. This would be my first opportunity to hear a headphone of this quality and my first existence with a planar headphone.

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #74 of 173

Like 'em much? 
wink_face.gif

Whoa, wait, this is a tour? You mean I have to give them up soon? Noooooo!!!!!!!!

These have seriously taken my headphone listening experience to a whole... other... level...

Bummer you haven't tried out the HE1000 yet then... dangerous territory... 
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 3, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #75 of 173

Bummer you haven't tried out the HE1000 yet then... dangerous territory... 
evil_smiley.gif

Yeah :)
Wait until he hears the HE-1000 or the SR009.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back