Hifiman Ananda
Apr 7, 2022 at 7:15 PM Post #4,546 of 4,994
IMHO The Ananda is fine tuned out of the box to sound as designed to be and this is its strong point as engineered by the Hifiman R&D team, any alteration is a personal preference and suits the listener's taste and does not implicit better voice just a user's preferred one.

Apr 7, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #4,547 of 4,994
Nice product.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #4,548 of 4,994
Neither the HE-6SE v.1 nor v.2 impressed me very much. In fact, I sold the v.2 and kept the Ananda--go figure.

The ORIGINAL HE-6? Now that's a whole different story! Completely outperforms the SE versions, IMHO.

Apr 10, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #4,549 of 4,994
I keep hearing and seeing talks about Ananda 2021 revision. All shops seem to advertise for sale Ananda 2021. Does anyone know what's changed?

Apr 10, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #4,550 of 4,994
hi all another noob question been reading about dekoni pads, any recommendations for a pair that match well with the anandas and do they bring any sound benefits aswell as comfort?

thx,

mat

Apr 10, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #4,551 of 4,994
hi all another noob question been reading about dekoni pads, any recommendations for a pair that match well with the anandas and do they bring any sound benefits aswell as comfort?

thx,

mat
IMHO, from my own experience, they don't do any good apart from setting you back $100 for nothing. I'm sorry but my advice is stay away from all the Dekonis made for Arya/Ananda. Only if you have a giant noggin, you might benefit from some added comfort 'cuz memory foam bla-bla-bla. If there is no enough clamping force on your head, they will feel exactly the same as the stock pads. And their quality is garbage for some reason. They start disintegrating immediately as soon as you squeeze them and start manipulating. They seem to have no adhesive where it should be. We posted photographs of those disintegrating Dekoni pads here and in the dedicated thread. No sound benefit for sure. Hybrids sound almost exactly like the stock. Just wasting $100 out of your pocket. Fenestrated ones add some upper midrange which in my case made my Anandas honky and even compromised some resolution in the midrange and I hated this change.

So with all respect, I will never recommend Dekoni pads for Ananda/Arya. Of course, if $100 is just a change you get from the supermarket and this is no money for you, then give it a try, no big deal. Maybe you'll like them.

Apr 10, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #4,552 of 4,994

thx,

mat
I just bought them and waiting on their arrival. Was torn between the Hybrids and the Fenestrated and I just pulled the trigger on the fenestrated ones. Will post a small review when I get them. If I don't like them I'll send them back and try the Hybrids before giving up. I had great success on the HE-400S with better pads so hoping these will do a good job too. I am slightly worried the fenestrated ones will make the sound escape too much but we will see.

Personally the original pads are too soft and makes my ears go inwards a lot, and I can feel the hairs of my ears touching the inside mesh which is annoying. Hoping this memory foam will be slightly stiffer.

For reference I bought them from Audio Sanctuary UK for £59 total.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #4,553 of 4,994
I keep hearing and seeing talks about Ananda 2021 revision. All shops seem to advertise for sale Ananda 2021. Does anyone know what's changed?
Not sure it's a newer model, only probably minor product evolution but nothing major on the sound signature.

Apr 12, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #4,554 of 4,994
Firesign: I am also using an RME ADI-2 DAC with my Ananda. As an alternative to no EQ, I am curious as to what EQ profile you have found works with the Ananda.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #4,555 of 4,994
Firesign: I am also using an RME ADI-2 DAC with my Ananda. As an alternative to no EQ, I am curious as to what EQ profile you have found works with the Ananda.

I love the Ananda profile, so in general I only use the Bass wheel on some albums to raise a couple of dBs.

But this last week I have been testing the AutoEQ from the crinacle page to assimilate the profiles of my headphones to the Harman 2018 graph, and with some small personal adjustments to my liking, I have created this profile for the Ananda and the RME that I really love:

Filter 1: ON PK Fc 20 Hz Gain 12.0 dB Q 0.500
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 125 Hz Gain 2.5 dB Q 1.300
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 1800 Hz Gain 3.5 dB Q 2.000
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 5700 Hz Gain 2.5 dB Q 2.000
Filter 5: ON HS Fc 7600 Hz Gain 0.5 dB Q 0.500

Keep in mind that the first 4 filters are peaks, and the last one is a high shelf (you can save the last one and use the Treble wheel to your liking). I leave both wheels (Bass and Treble) at 0 when I use this profile.

Apr 12, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #4,556 of 4,994
Thanks so much. I will try it out!

Apr 12, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #4,557 of 4,994
Thanks so much. I will try it out!
BTW which filter are you using? Lately I have been using NOS with my Amanda.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #4,559 of 4,994
Got it. Thanks.

Apr 13, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #4,560 of 4,994
Neither the HE-6SE v.1 nor v.2 impressed me very much. In fact, I sold the v.2 and kept the Ananda--go figure.

The ORIGINAL HE-6? Now that's a whole different story! Completely outperforms the SE versions, IMHO.
Neither SE rings as much as the OG. Both have more balanced mids and treble. But like everything else nothing touches OG bass.

But we differ. I think both SE's crunch the Ananda with no effort.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back