Hifiman Ananda
Jan 17, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #3,046 of 4,987
BALANCED CABLE NEEDED - $120 MAX

I'd like some recs for Balanced cables for my Ananda. I was gonna get the ones from NewFantasia Direct on Amazon. But peeps on r/headphones said they aren't worth the money. Saying that "they worked". But some had issues with them. Shorts, excessive cable noise, uneven volume levels, etc.

If you've bought some from some place. And were happy with them. Drop me a link. Thanks.
I like "KK Cable LZ-Y Upgrade" better than the NewFantasia (which have not been a problem). The KK is more flexible and good looking (about $40 on amazon).

Jan 17, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #3,047 of 4,987
I like "KK Cable LZ-Y Upgrade" better than the NewFantasia (which have not been a problem). The KK is more flexible and good looking (about $40 on amazon).

TY

Jan 17, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #3,048 of 4,987
As all headphone drivers are inherently balanced, using a balanced to them while it increases the power giving faster response it also double the amp impedance draw which may not be needed in low impedance cans.
Balanced has clear advantages in professional audio applications and noisy environments, but for us headphone enthusiasts, it really is going to come down to the individual component (or components) in the audio chain. There are equally as many cases where properly implemented simple unbalanced solutions (rather than balanced) will be the clear winner.

Jan 17, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #3,049 of 4,987
As all headphone drivers are inherently balanced
I can't agree or we have different understanding of "balanced" meaning. All speakers and headphones I have ever met have only two wire connection (for each channel). That doesn't mean balanced to me, even if you run two wires to left and two wires to right channel. In amplifier terminology this could be described as dual mono, maybe. Balanced connection means three wires, plus, minus and ground (for each channel). How would you solder it to left speaker, for example?

Jan 17, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #3,050 of 4,987
As far as I know balanced headphones cables starts with 2 separate ground wires going from the amp to the Each side along with both Left and right signal wires. What am trying to say is that a balanced headphones cable without a proper dedicated bi-amp architecture would be of no advantage over a high fidelity proper components amp with unbalanced cable to the cans.
My 2 cents

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #3,051 of 4,987
As far as I know balanced headphones cables starts with 2 separate ground wires going from the amp to the Each side along with both Left and right signal wires. What am trying to say is that a balanced headphones cable without a proper dedicated bi-amp architecture would be of no advantage over a high fidelity proper components amp with unbalanced cable to the cans.
My 2 cents
Agreed :)

Jan 18, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #3,053 of 4,987
Hello guys, ananda vs 660s, what do you think? is ananda better in everything?
In fact the 660S is mostly in oar with the Sundara, Ananda is a higher bread and mostly comparable to the 800S and IMO is better in everything but maybe not the build.

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #3,055 of 4,987
i see
maybe mids and vocals are better on 660s
They’re very different headphones. With the Ananda you get soundstage, resolution, bass extension, instrument separation, and with the 660S you get an intimate sound, more mid-bass, and a darker (darker than HD600 and HD650), punchier signature overall. The 660S may do better in midrange warmth and timbre, but Ananda wins everywhere else for me.

Jan 19, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #3,056 of 4,987
They’re very different headphones. With the Ananda you get soundstage, resolution, bass extension, instrument separation, and with the 660S you get an intimate sound, more mid-bass, and a darker (darker than HD600 and HD650), punchier signature overall. The 660S may do better in midrange warmth and timbre, but Ananda wins everywhere else for me.
In that case maybe the LCD 2C may do a better job while also adding punchier bass

Jan 19, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #3,058 of 4,987
Jan 19, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #3,059 of 4,987

Users who are viewing this thread

Back