Hifiman Ananda
Nov 23, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #4,156 of 4,987
That's great. The original point was bass impact. You said anybody could get all the bass impact they want from the Ananda with or without EQ. I disagree with the notion that they posses impact at equal the level of speed and damping that they posses. It's a weak point - noted by reviewers professional and otherwise.

Nothing is likely to be agreed on here so please enjoy your music and equipment. Ciao..
Another YMMV situation 😊

Nov 23, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #4,157 of 4,987
Hey Ananda folks, I'm taking a serious look at these with the current pricing to compliment my Focal Elegia. I'm looking for something a bit more balanced timbre and with a larger soundstage than the Elegia. A bit more bass presence wouldn't hurt either/

What do you all think? Is the Ananda a good compliment to the Elegia? My recent listening taste includes indie/indie adjacent artists like Bon Iver, Phoebe Bridgers, Haim, Frightened Rabbit, James Blake, Radiohead and Folk artists like Sturgill Simpson, Mandolin Orange, Tyler Childers. I also regularly listen to Hip Hop and classical Piano concertos.

Nov 24, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #4,158 of 4,987
Hey Ananda folks, I'm taking a serious look at these with the current pricing to compliment my Focal Elegia. I'm looking for something a bit more balanced timbre and with a larger soundstage than the Elegia. A bit more bass presence wouldn't hurt either/

What do you all think? Is the Ananda a good compliment to the Elegia? My recent listening taste includes indie/indie adjacent artists like Bon Iver, Phoebe Bridgers, Haim, Frightened Rabbit, James Blake, Radiohead and Folk artists like Sturgill Simpson, Mandolin Orange, Tyler Childers. I also regularly listen to Hip Hop and classical Piano concertos.
Definitely a good compliment to the Elear as I own both, the ELegia should be close.

Nov 24, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #4,159 of 4,987
I was JUST about to list my Ananda's... when the 10ft stock noodle cable cut out on the right side... There was no tug, there is no separation at any length. I've used this cable 3 months??? Gah so frustrating, they have the audacity to charge $180 for these...
Safe for now but forever disappointed in the stock cable quality. I hate to admit they do sound cleaner than the cheaper aftermarkets I've tried

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #4,160 of 4,987
FYI - Amazon Warehouse has Anandas (like-new and very good conditions) for 20% off. I just got a pair of like-new for $475.

Nov 26, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #4,161 of 4,987
I’ve ordered an ananda this morning. I have a vc and a stellia but the ananda will be for classical music. I hope they sound good with my ibasso dx300 max. Anybody know of a decent 4.4 cable. I almost went for the Arya but the ananda seems so good for the price

Nov 26, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #4,162 of 4,987
Last edited:
Nov 26, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #4,163 of 4,987
Nov 26, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #4,164 of 4,987
FYI - Amazon Warehouse has Anandas (like-new and very good conditions) for 20% off. I just got a pair of like-new for $475.

HE-6se v2 for $555 at Adorama. They are well better than the Ananda in every way - except the soundstage and yes it needs 3 wpc at 50 ohms which is a good deal more than the Ananda. Deeper, more impactful bass. More depth and instrument definition in the mids (much more musical). Treble more body and definition. Overall the Ananda sounds flimsier, thinner, and weirdly lacking in harmonic richness.

Before the release of the v2 I had the Ananda listed as they best headphone under $700 - even with its flaws. Its not awful, but is now supplanted by another HFM can, and early returns on the XS indicate it could be two.

I just want to provide information so everyone here that wants it can use it - and yes its my opinion and that of others. YMMV.

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #4,165 of 4,987
HE-6se v2 for $555 at Adorama. They are well better than the Ananda in every way - except the soundstage and yes it needs 3 wpc at 50 ohms which is a good deal more than the Ananda. Deeper, more impactful bass. More depth and instrument definition in the mids (much more musical). Treble more body and definition. Overall the Ananda sounds flimsier, thinner, and weirdly lacking in harmonic richness.

Before the release of the v2 I had the Ananda listed as they best headphone under $700 - even with its flaws. Its not awful, but is now supplanted by another HFM can, and early returns on the XS indicate it could be two.

I just want to provide information so everyone here that wants it can use it - and yes its my opinion and that of others. YMMV.
I have looked at the HE6se in the past, but I only have an Asgard 3 which I have been told multiple times does not have enough power to truly get the best out of the HE6se and thus the headphones
would be a waste unless upgraded my amp too which I don’t have the money for.

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #4,166 of 4,987
I have looked at the HE6se in the past, but I only have an Asgard 3 which I have been told multiple times does not have enough power to truly get the best out of the HE6se and thus the headphones
would be a waste unless upgraded my amp too which I don’t have the money for.
Yeah thats a problem. Jot should do it. Lyr 3 for sure. XS would be fine. Good Luck.

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #4,167 of 4,987
I have the ananda’s and they are fantastic. I’ve put in an order for the xs and will definitely compare but I would totally be satisfied with the ananda’s for a simplified setup that doesn’t require you to own a nuclear power plant to power.

Not sure when linsoul will be shipping but I’ll definitely report back with a direct comparison.

Nov 27, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #4,168 of 4,987
If you want to bring the best out of the Ananda, couple it with a Cavalli CTH

Nov 27, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #4,169 of 4,987
I’m really liking the ananda. Exceptional sound for the money. I’ll want to get an arya in the future!

Nov 27, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #4,170 of 4,987
If you want to bring the best out of the Ananda, couple it with a Cavalli CTH
Would this also need a DAC?

Looking to upgrade source chain next.

My goal is to awaken ANANDA 😅

Lambskin earpads are out for delivery. :)

But seriously I can't stress the importance of good EQ with this headphone. Sounds like totally different equipment. I have a new EQ profile if anyone's game.

Also. Anyone know how to tighten the sliding adjusters on the side? My right side is loose 🥺

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back