Hifiman Ananda
Aug 17, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #2,626 of 4,987
IMHO, when you get a Hifiman headphone (any headphone really), please do a thorough look-through and sound test. Make sure everything works satisfactorily for you before you decide to keep them. That makes it much easier to contact them for an exchange w/o the manufacturer being able to claim that you damaged them. Protect yourself and your investment.
I didn't think it was big problem. It's a bit nitpicking on my end tbh. It could've been better but probably most of Ananda's are similiar. Not worth bothering return, paying shipping, waiting.
Hi there, can you please email us at customerservice@hifiman.com so that we can look into what’s happened and to see how we can help?

Thank you!

April
Thank you for being active in the forums. My pair is ok and not worth sending it back.

Aug 18, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #2,627 of 4,987
Using DT 1770 last couple of days i can say the Ananda is ridiculously good headphone. You need to listen other headphones to appreciate what Ananda accomplishes sometimes.

Wish i can audition Audeze planars and some high end dynamics like Focal and T1 from Beyer to get a better picture of the market.

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #2,628 of 4,987
Using DT 1770 last couple of days i can say the Ananda is ridiculously good headphone. You need to listen other headphones to appreciate what Ananda accomplishes sometimes.

Wish i can audition Audeze planars and some high end dynamics like Focal and T1 from Beyer to get a better picture of the market.

Focal Clear would be interesting. Audeze are out of contention due IMO to being over priced, and not being very accurate (if the LCD-4 went for $1k then yes it would indeed be better). HFM HE-6, HE6se, Arya, HE-500 (mods) are all better IMO. DT 1770 is - well good taste prevents me saying what I think of those. Try a Senn HD-600 on an OTL amp too.

Aug 18, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #2,629 of 4,987
Focal Clear would be interesting. Audeze are out of contention due IMO to being over priced, and not being very accurate (if the LCD-4 went for $1k then yes it would indeed be better). HFM HE-6, HE6se, Arya, HE-500 (mods) are all better IMO. DT 1770 is - well good taste prevents me saying what I think of those. Try a Senn HD-600 on an OTL amp too.
I always laugh at your Audeze hatred. I share your enthuasisam for the HE500 but I love my LCD3's. Obviously YMMV

EDIT: I thought this was the HE500 thread for a sec.

The Anandas are great brand new in their price bracket; if nothing else, Fang has a solid ear and makes great sonic choices in his headphones even if the QC can be a little shoddy.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #2,630 of 4,987
I always laugh at your Audeze hatred. I share your enthuasisam for the HE500 but I love my LCD3's. Obviously YMMV

EDIT: I thought this was the HE500 thread for a sec.

The Anandas are great brand new in their price bracket; if nothing else, Fang has a solid ear and makes great sonic choices in his headphones even if the QC can be a little shoddy.

Hatred? Nah I dislike the LCD-2 because its got such a screwed up freq response. (and I bought a used one off reviews w/o ever hearing one, and had a tough time returning it). I really like the 4 very much, the 3 seems closer to the 2 in being quite uneven. It could be that EQ could set the whole thing right, but I don't know. Do you? Don't sopranos sound a bit back in the stage?

Yeah QC a little off, I have issues with the Ananda, but at the current price, there isn't much new to throw against it.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #2,631 of 4,987
Hatred? Nah I dislike the LCD-2 because its got such a screwed up freq response. I really like the 4 very much, the 3 seems closer to the 2 in being quite uneven. It could be that EQ could set the whole thing right, but I don't know. Do you? Don't sopranos sound a bit back in the stage?

Yeah QC a little off, I have issues with the Ananda, but at the current price, there isn't much new to throw against it.
I like the staging of my 3's but I also have the Dekoni pads on them so that is an important change; I haven't spent much time with a 2 so no comment there. I'd pick the 4 over everything in its price range except the Susvara.

Aug 18, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #2,632 of 4,987
I like the staging of my 3's but I also have the Dekoni pads on them so that is an important change; I haven't spent much time with a 2 so no comment there. I'd pick the 4 over everything in its price range except the Susvara.

Interesting: So the 4 over the HEKse too? I'd like both but would pony up the money for neither, until the used prices drop.

Aug 18, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #2,633 of 4,987
Interesting: So the 4 over the HEKse too? I'd like both but would pony up the money for neither, until the used prices drop.
I haven't heard the HEKse yet so no definitive opinion there, and my HEKv1 won't arrive for a few more days either. Generally I prefer musicality over absolute detail retreival so for that reason I'd wager I'd prefer the Susvara over the HEKse and the LCD4 however narrowly over the HEKse as well

Aug 18, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #2,634 of 4,987
I haven't heard the HEKse yet so no definitive opinion there, and my HEKv1 won't arrive for a few more days either. Generally I prefer musicality over absolute detail retreival so for that reason I'd wager I'd prefer the Susvara over the HEKse and the LCD4 however narrowly over the HEKse as well

I've missed a lot of stuff in the $1k - 2k bracket, but I have heard the 4, HEK (all 3), Susvara, E2, Phi.

The order of what I'd want is: Phi, Susvara, HEKse, 4, HEK v2, E2, HEK v1. The v1 is out of its league. The E2 awakens with EQ but no higher. If I tossed in Estats, then: Voce goes right to the top 2-3. 007 and 009 get marks off for too damn much detail. Ribbon and AMT technology soon to rattle the big boys of the planar leadership - certainly by '25.

Aug 19, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #2,635 of 4,987
I've missed a lot of stuff in the $1k - 2k bracket, but I have heard the 4, HEK (all 3), Susvara, E2, Phi.

The order of what I'd want is: Phi, Susvara, HEKse, 4, HEK v2, E2, HEK v1. The v1 is out of its league. The E2 awakens with EQ but no higher. If I tossed in Estats, then: Voce goes right to the top 2-3. 007 and 009 get marks off for too damn much detail. Ribbon and AMT technology soon to rattle the big boys of the planar leadership - certainly by '25.

From what I have actually demoed I'd go: Susvara-LCD4-HEKv2-E2--1266TC personally. IMO, the Abyss is too awkward a fit at too high a price to be worth it, when I first demoed the Susvara and HEK (I think v2) back to back I prefered the HEK but I think I'd feel differently now.

I remember when Hifiman was saying the only difference between the HEKv1 and v2 were the housing and earpads; I'd love to get the two side by side to compare it but that is unlikely at the moment.

Aug 19, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #2,637 of 4,987
From what I have actually demoed I'd go: Susvara-LCD4-HEKv2-E2--1266TC personally. IMO, the Abyss is too awkward a fit at too high a price to be worth it, when I first demoed the Susvara and HEK (I think v2) back to back I prefered the HEK but I think I'd feel differently now.

I remember when Hifiman was saying the only difference between the HEKv1 and v2 were the housing and earpads; I'd love to get the two side by side to compare it but that is unlikely at the moment.

Phi is homely to me, but it's very potent

Aug 24, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #2,639 of 4,987
Hi guys. Anyone uses Ananda w Schiit Asgard 3?
I run Mody 3 MB + Asgard 3 + Ananda. On low gain i have to set the vol pot at 3 o'clock to get enough volume, although Ananda is said to be relatively easy to drive. Is this normal? Should i switch to high gain?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #2,640 of 4,987
Hi guys. Anyone uses Ananda w Schiit Asgard 3?
I run Mody 3 MB + Asgard 3 + Ananda. On low gain i have to set the vol pot at 3 o'clock to get enough volume, although Ananda is said to be relatively easy to drive. Is this normal? Should i switch to high gain?
Switch and see what is going on. Asgard 3 actually designed to use at high gain. Low gain is for sensitive iems so you can use them with your amp. If you have good volume knob headroom use high gain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back