Hifiman Ananda
Jul 24, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #2,431 of 4,987
Alright, from here and other sources looks like two versions. I'll have to hear v2. Meanwhile back on the hunt for a Voce.

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #2,432 of 4,987
Cool, learning all the time.

I’m really glad there is a record here of that October discussion or people might think I’m nuts.

Okay, so whatever HFM did to the Ananda back in October, if anything, is what I have. It also appears HFM later added the thick foam on the back as mine does not have that. It also appears from the pictures that HFM may have changed the padding on the back a few times. Now it seems HFM is changing the cables.

Jul 24, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #2,433 of 4,987
Cool, learning all the time.

I’m really glad there is a record here of that October discussion or people might think I’m nuts.

Okay, so whatever HFM did to the Ananda back in October, if anything, is what I have. It also appears HFM later added the thick foam on the back as mine does not have that. It also appears from the pictures that HFM may have changed the padding on the back a few times. Now it seems HFM is changing the cables.

HFM seems to be big on these silent revisions. Here are the new cables.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200724-190026_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20200724-190026_Brave.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 0
Jul 24, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #2,434 of 4,987
Also, I’m confused, why is HFM putting the thick padding on the back of the Ananda? If there is a high frequency adjustment wanted, why not use a pad between the ears and the speakers like what Mr. Speakers does? This padding between the ears and the speakers would be the way to handle that, right?

Jul 24, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #2,435 of 4,987
I could be wrong, but those look the same except a different color. Those look tan instead of transparent and still look like they have the “condom feel.”

BTW, I’m gabby tonight, so I better get off this thing……..

Jul 24, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #2,436 of 4,987
I had no idea there was a revision to the Ananda. What did they change on it?
They changed the outer material from mesh wires to a thin cloth material. That may have an effect on reflections, top end, and soundstage, IMO.

Jul 24, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #2,437 of 4,987
They changed the outer material from mesh wires to a thin cloth material. That may have an effect on reflections, top end, and soundstage, IMO.

I hope it sounds better. I sold my older version and going to buy again soon. I thought it sounded great like it was. I read on the arya discussion, someone was complaining the revision made it worse.

Jul 24, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #2,438 of 4,987
I hope it sounds better. I sold my older version and going to buy again soon. I thought it sounded great like it was. I read on the arya discussion, someone was complaining the revision made it worse.
Whether good or bad we shall see from the consensus. May also depend on the listener.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #2,439 of 4,987
I could be wrong, but those look the same except a different color. Those look tan instead of transparent and still look like they have the “condom feel.”

Unless the cable revision happened overnight, mine are still translucent that you can see the inner copper wiring. This may be why it looks tan. They also do still feel cheap so it may be the same cable overall. Some rattling occurs when the cable is moved around and the inner cable bumps against the outside cable.

Not too concerned bc if the stock cables fail, there are the 22 dollar ones on Amazon.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #2,440 of 4,987
Unless the cable revision happened overnight, mine are still translucent that you can see the inner copper wiring. This may be why it looks tan. They also do still feel cheap so it may be the same cable overall. Some rattling occurs when the cable is moved around and the inner cable bumps against the outside cable.

Not too concerned bc if the stock cables fail, there are the 22 dollar ones on Amazon.
I've got those NeoMusica cables from Amazon. They sound just as good if not better than the stock ones. My point is that they sound different from stock, slightly more treble microdetails, more solid bass. IDK if the stock cables are OFC, the NeoMusica cables are as per their descriptions.

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #2,442 of 4,987
Also, I’m confused, why is HFM putting the thick padding on the back of the Ananda? If there is a high frequency adjustment wanted, why not use a pad between the ears and the speakers like what Mr. Speakers does? This padding between the ears and the speakers would be the way to handle that, right?

It's pretty hard to find padding that is specific to one or two frequencies, most likely you'll dull down an entire range. Like every open HFM, its needs adjustment in the treble. I'd reach for a digital parametric before a wide band solution that takes the good with the not so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back