Hifiman Ananda
Jan 16, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #1,771 of 4,987
Thanks, I have known for the past few weeks that something “unusual” was going on and I was just having fun with that poster for entertainment purposes for a smile and a laugh. I don’t take that poster seriously at all and thought, “Hey, let’s poke it with a stick and see what happens?” That was my previous post from a few days ago, which worked like a charm, as the bait was taken and resulted in I think it’s seven “unusual” replies for all of us to read, smile, and laugh at as they all make no sense at all. I enjoyed reading the numerous “unusual replies” as I knew I was just “poking it with a stick” and the replies were never disappointing as it never took long to read and start thinking, “What, this isn’t even relevant and makes no sense at all,” where I knew I was winning as I just smiled and laughed while reading the posts as it was all just a game for me. I hope everybody enjoyed the “What, this isn’t even relevant and makes no sense at all” posts and got a good smile and laugh out of them like I did. Oh, and if anybody is wondering, yes, I am in fact claiming victory. : )

If you PM me your address I'll do my best to send you a winners cookie.

In all seriousness, if you disagree with Bagwell for saying TO THEM the Ananda sounds glassy, that's fine. Account that to 48 years (by Bagwells posts) of listening to equipment too loudly. You aren't winning much if Head-fi is your audience and one or two generally disagreeable posters are your foes.
Apparently an Ananda is coming my way in a few weeks so lets see if I fall into team "solid state sounding" or team "Endgame".

Jan 17, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #1,773 of 4,987
friends, there was a little confusion. wildly sorry! I meant exactly HEK V1. how are they in comparison? HEK V1 and Ananda

I’ve compared them side by side with a thx 789 and topping d70. For the kind of music I usually listen to, pop, jpop, rock the two sound very similar. The HEK V1 has more shimmer in its top end, you can see this on its frequency response graph. Personally, I’m not a fan of the exaggerated shimmer, but if you have older ears you might enjoy them. For acoustic music I think HEK V1 sounded a little more detailed. I personally wouldn’t pay the extra for what I consider a minuscule difference in the kind of music I listen to.

Jan 17, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #1,774 of 4,987
I’ve compared them side by side with a thx 789 and topping d70. For the kind of music I usually listen to, pop, jpop, rock the two sound very similar. The HEK V1 has more shimmer in its top end, you can see this on its frequency response graph. Personally, I’m not a fan of the exaggerated shimmer, but if you have older ears you might enjoy them. For acoustic music I think HEK V1 sounded a little more detailed. I personally wouldn’t pay the extra for what I consider a minuscule difference in the kind of music I listen to.
I am very grateful for the quick and informative answer!

Jan 17, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #1,775 of 4,987
Problem is that most headphone thread's are becoming to be fanboys fanclub.
When someone writes a review or just an opinion and addresses some flaw's of the headphone (every headphone has one or two) - in his personal perspective and taste - then the fanboys with their wounded egos chime in and start shouting to protect their investment.

Jan 17, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #1,778 of 4,987
Aint that the truth.

As someone who has been one of those fanboys in the past, it pretty much. Maybe not the wounded egos, but there's something going on.
At the same time, I get it. If you like the Anandas, you LOVE them! I know I do.

Jan 17, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #1,779 of 4,987
Problem is that most headphone thread's are becoming to be fanboys fanclub.
When someone writes a review or just an opinion and addresses some flaw's of the headphone (every headphone has one or two) - in his personal perspective and taste - then the fanboys with their wounded egos chime in and start shouting to protect their investment.
I agree with your statement, to some degree. However, I have been trying to find out as much as I can about the Ananda, no I do not own them. My issue in this thread is just the opposite of the fanboy club, it's the haters club. It is one thing to say you don't care for a headphone, it is another, to do almost daily drive bys and regurgitate the same negative post over and over again. I am not being a troll, I do think think thread needs some balance.

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #1,780 of 4,987
I agree that haters without a reason are equally bad for the topic and the discussion.
Reviews should be as objective as they can be to help other people to decide and of course at the end only real world audition is the only serious factor for someone to decide.
Haters and fanboys are equally not useful.

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #1,781 of 4,987
I agree with your statement, to some degree. However, I have been trying to find out as much as I can about the Ananda, no I do not own them. My issue in this thread is just the opposite of the fanboy club, it's the haters club. It is one thing to say you don't care for a headphone, it is another, to do almost daily drive bys and regurgitate the same negative post over and over again. I am not being a troll, I do think think thread needs some balance.

Perhaps this can help:

https://www.cnet.com/news/certain-a...ider-hifimans-999-ananda-headphone-a-bargain/
https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/hifiman/ananda/

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #1,782 of 4,987
Haters and fanboys are equally not useful.
Yes they are equally not useful. But the population ratio is by far more on the fanboys. What's even worse are those sell-side reviewers who pretend to do reviews, but is actually a walking advertisement board.

Ananda thread is not so bad actually. We just have to accept that some people prefer their HEXv2. So what? It's no big deal. I myself prefer the Ananda to the HEKv1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back