HiFiMAN 602: Talk about your initial impressions and specs
Feb 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #1,141 of 1,195

Quote:
AC charger did not helped me.

ofc not, the player is battery powered anyway, if it needed more power because it didn't get it from USB it would have gotten it from its battery

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #1,142 of 1,195
Apperently it doesn't use its battery when connected through the usb port. I assume that's why plugging in the adapter is necessary. I tried a different desk top the other day and found out that its usb ports have enough power to connect the hifiman and charge it (with anything resembling speed). So I am assuming that the failure to connect to the computer was a power-related problem. The sd card thing is different of course. Looks like I'll have to be trying a few different makes before I find the right one...

Quote:
ofc not, the player is battery powered anyway, if it needed more power because it didn't get it from USB it would have gotten it from its battery

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #1,143 of 1,195
Get an SD card reader. That should solve the problem if you have issues transferring songs onto it.

Feb 20, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #1,145 of 1,195
That's not the issue. The issue is having to reinsert the sd card a couple of times in the hifiman before it reads all the data on it.

Quote:
Get an SD card reader. That should solve the problem if you have issues transferring songs onto it.

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #1,147 of 1,195
that's not the issue. the issue is that the hifiman (not the computer) sometimes won't read the sd card.

Quote:
or, if on a mac mini or a dell netbook or many other computers now, you can just plug the card itself into the computer. amazingly easy.

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #1,148 of 1,195
I've had the same problem with the SD card.  I found that using a specific version of the Sandisk Ultra Class 4 works fine every time.  I can only ID it by the label though, there's no model # that I can find which is different.

Mar 23, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #1,149 of 1,195
Everyone seems to have great luck with the Kingston Class 4 32 GB SD card. And as far as why everyone doesn't work, it's all software and hardware compatibility issues. It's not really a big issue. Unfortunately, if you lived in the US, it would only cost $4.95 to send back to Elmhurst. It's the nature of the beast.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #1,150 of 1,195

Quote:
Everyone seems to have great luck with the Kingston Class 4 32 GB SD card. And as far as why everyone doesn't work, it's all software and hardware compatibility issues. It's not really a big issue. Unfortunately, if you lived in the US, it would only cost $4.95 to send back to Elmhurst. It's the nature of the beast.

I think I'l get that. If it doesn't work I can still use it with my netbook

Mar 24, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #1,152 of 1,195
Mar 25, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #1,153 of 1,195

Quote:
where did you buy this one?

Came from Amazon.com, If I recall it was priced little above $70 or so.  That was after I have failed on several fakes selling on Ebay for half the amount.  Some of those still work in my Nikon D300S, but I have a CF-card in the secondary slot mirroring every shot I take as a backup, since I don't trust them.

Apr 18, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #1,155 of 1,195
Is anyone having trouble with charging after lastest firmware? If it auto turns off while charging i can't turn it back on without unpluging it. So currently i have to set it to no auto off while charging and then change it back to 3min setting after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back